Struck by the bullet(Lets see those 85's)

Now I'm Hop'n Mad and the search is on!!!
I am a newb here in trad forum, I just started collecting GECs in February, I have nine in my collection and just got my tenth..
One week ago I received this GEC Cocobolo 85 teardrop jack and I was on the fence about it, and I thought "Man, this is similar to my 15 boys knife, do I really need another 15, or should I try another pattern?" BUT I went ahead and decided to make it a user. I put a patina on it, hot vinegar, a lot of apples, and some packages/letters later. I love this knife! Walk & talk is perfect, I thought I might make an EO mod on it but the both blades are pinchable. I love this knife! The Cocobolo covers are beautiful, its my favorite wood to turn on the lathe. The crownlifter in the pic I turned today is cocobolo. I have had this knife in my pocket all week and it has replaced my 77 Blackwood, and its not going to be replaced anytime soon. I love this knife! So now the search is on to look for another one (MORE)...

GEC85_cocobolo_03.jpg

Last edited:
Got this Buffalo Horn #85 last week...been a constant companion while up at the 8750ft cabin. Good fit for my hands and the spear is nice and wide for lots of different uses.

checking up on the birdhouse...no one home. These were put up on the mesa over 25 yrs ago by some unkown bird lover.

Sure do wish I could get the picture of my Northfield 852211 (number 24 of 35) Stag Harness Jack to post. :( :oops:
It would be nice to add something relevant to the conversation.

Testing the punch (Napanoch inspired) on my HJ5 in Ebony!! Works good!!
Also a "bark"-Tusk-handled HJ5!! All based on the #85 pattern!!
After weeks of nagging (subtle, by me), Bill finally put a "bullet-end" or "candle-end" on the pattern, which I think makes it cool:cool:, but is harder to finish!:rolleyes::)
HJ5 Ebony 1.jpg HJ5 Toothy 1.jpg

Back