Summer Give-A-Way Contest (Optional Prize)

prom52

Gold Member
2K Milestone – Summer Give-A-Way:

In keeping with what has become a time-honored tradition here on Blade Forums I am pleased to announce a Summer Give-A-Way Contest to commemorate my reaching the 2K post milestone. The Fiddleback Sub-Forum is where I cut my teeth here on Blade Forums so it is only fitting that the event be hosted here, and that the prize be a new & unused Fiddleback Sneaky Pete. ( Note the optional prize listed in Post #20)

Before laying out the rules, I would like to express my personal gratitude for the camaraderie and friendships that I have experienced along with the knowledge that has been shared over the years by being part of this amazing community. A special thanks goes out to Andy & Crew for making it all possible.

Contest Guidelines:

1. You must be 18 yrs of age or older to participate, and abide by all local laws that govern the ownership of knives in your community.

2. You must be a registered member of Blade Forums in good standing with a membership level that allows for private messaging.

3. Each member is limited to a single entry by posting a number between 1 and 500.

4. A random number generator will be used to determine a potential winner.

5. The member who picks the number generated or comes closest to that number will be given the opportunity to qualify to win by answering a minimum of 8 out of 12 Fiddleback Triva questions correctly.

6. Once a potential winner is notified by PM they will have 24 hrs to submit their answers to the trivia questions to my attention via Private Message. Failure to do so or answering more than four questions incorrectly will result in disqualification.

7. In the event of disqualification another random number will be generated and the process will be repeated until a winner is established.

8. The final winner will be announced in this thread, along with a photo of his or her prize along with the correct answers to the triva questions.

9. Entries for the contest will be accepted beginning today, July 27 until Sunday August 2 at 10 PM EST.

10. Every effort will be made to conclude the initial round of the contest and declare a final winner on Monday, August 3 following receipt of the potential winner’s answers to the trivia questions.

Note: Chances are you’ll need to don your snorkel gear and do a deep dive within the historical contents of the Fiddleback sub-forum to gather intel on the various trivia topics. I hope you will have some fun taking this journey back through the history of the brand we all have come to admire. Good Luck !

Peter

Here are the Fiddleback Trivia questions:

1. The design for the Fiddleback Runt was initially drawn up on:
a. Bar Napkin
b. Post-It-Note
c. Back of a Priority Mail Flat Rate Box
d. None of the above

2. The Hiking Buddy was designed to replace what type of knife ?

3. Who submitted the design for the Arete during a contest that was conducted here on Blade Forums ?
Hint: he has a current association with Fiddleback Outpost ?

4. What year did Andy start making knives in his garage ?

5. What model Fiddleback was the first offered as a production design ?
a. Bushfinger
b. Hiking Buddy
c. Kephart
d. Recluse

6. The Bourbon Street Skinner was designed with what purpose in mind ?
a. Big game skinner
b. Bar fighter
c. Persian style letter opener
d. None of the above

7. What popular model of Fiddleback inspired Andy to design the Bushfinger ?

8. Which dealer was not one of the first four to carry Fiddleback Forge knives ?
a. Knives Ship Free
b. USA Made Blade
c. Knife Connection
d. DLT Trading

9. What brand of knife inspired Andy’s interest in Convex grinds ?
a. Bark River
b. Falkniven
c. Himalayan Imports
d. Marbles

10. What early Fiddleback model was carried in the AG Russell catalog ?

11. The Recluse was first designed and offered in a special run by what U.S. distributor ?

12. What model of Fiddleback was the first to incorporate a hidden tang ?
a. Hiking Buddy
b. Bushfinger
c. Nessmuk
d. Bushcrafter

Last edited:
Please add your entry to this list & then copy & paste it so we can keep a running list...Thanks !

JRTufts #11
wayben #13
swonut #236
ShanghaiJer #324
jaz322 #52
LavaWood #357

Last edited:
I'm in - Thank you! #311

JRTufts #11
wayben #13
swonut #236
ShanghiJer #324
jaz322 #52
LavaWood #357
rpdur #311

JRTufts #11
wayben #13
swonut #236
ShanghiJer #324
jaz322 #52
LavaWood #357
rpdur #311
varga #123
Toppcats #419
JamesRiver #169

Last edited:
JRTufts #11
wayben #13
swonut #236
ShanghaiJer #324
jaz322 #52
LavaWood #357
rpdur #311
varga #123
Toppcats #419
JamesRiver #169
jb33 #222

Last edited:
Keep em coming.......plenty of time to enter & do your homework for a win !

I'll take 175 :)

Thanks Prom!

JRTufts #11
wayben #13
swonut #236
ShanghiJer #324
jaz322 #52
LavaWood #357
rpdur #311
varga #123
Toppcats #419
JamesRiver #169
jb33 #222
rileybassman1 #175

Today is the final day to enter this Give-a-Way. Entries will be accepted until 10:00 pm EST tonight.

Once I finish running the random number calculator I will send a PM to the lucky member asking them to send me their answers to the trivia questions. If they meet the minimum requirements of answering 8 out of 12 questions correctly they will be declared the winner.

One final twist, in the event they answer all 12 questions correctly I will give them the opportunity to choose between a Fiddleback Sneaky Pete or a Monarch for their prize.

Good luck everyone !

Back