Summer Give-A-Way Contest (Optional Prize)

I'll take #299

Thanks Prom!

JRTufts #11
wayben #13
swonut #236
ShanghiJer #324
jaz322 #52
LavaWood #357
rpdur #311
varga #123
Toppcats #419
JamesRiver #169
jb33 #222
rileybassman1 #175
Nbrackett #299

JRTufts #11
wayben #13
swonut #236
ShanghaiJer #324
jaz322 #52
LavaWood #357
rpdur #311
varga #123
Toppcats #419
JamesRiver #169
jb33 #222
rileybassman1 #175
Nbrackett #299
Choppaman #22

Last edited:
Here's the current odds... Toppcats #419 has quite the advantage. But the random is well, random...
Screen%20Shot%202020-08-02%20at%208.14.49%20PM.png

Contest is now officially closed to new entries. Now it's onto Random.org to determine the preliminary winner.

Last edited:
The wind up:

XrWbdHZl.jpg

And the pitch:

ZQT5ElEl.jpg

That makes the preliminary winner: S ShanghaiJer

Next step is for you to submit your answers to the Triva questions to me via PM for final qualification.......Congrats and thanks to all who participated !

Stay tuned sports fans. :D

Last edited:
I'd love to enter. There is not much chance of me getting the correct answers.

I just sent a PM to S ShanghaiJer informing him that he is our preliminary winner. The ball is now in his court to submit his answers to the Trivia Questions to me via return PM within the prescribed time. In the event he answers a minimum of 8 trivia questions correctly he will be certified as our winner.

Answering 8 - 11 questions correctly and his prize will be this Sneaky Pete:

I9nbjOul.jpg

In the event he answers all 12 questions correctly he will have his choice of the Sneaky Pete or this Monarch:

U4gvTMjl.jpg

Failure to submit his answers within the prescribed time or scoring less than 8 correct answers will result in his disqualification. :( In that event I will go back to the Random Number Generator and identify a new preliminary winner. Once a winner is certified I will post the answers to the questions so that you can see how well you did with Fiddleback Trivia.

The clock is now ticking......tick toc, tick toc :D

Last edited:
Jeremy has submitted his answers and scoring is underway. So far things are looking pretty good. Before I submit a final determination I have asked Andy to help validate the answers since there was at least one tricky question in the mix. As soon as I hear back from Andy I will let everyone know the final outcome and post the answers to the trivia questions.

The results are in and I am pleased to announce that Jeremy a.k.a. S ShanghaiJer is the official certified winner of the Summer Give-a Way contest. Not only was his numerical contest entry quite lucky, he also answered all 12 Fiddleback Trivia questions correctly. I believe that now makes him an official Fiddleback Savant. :p Even though Jeremy had his choice of either the Sneaky Pete or the Monarch, he chose the Sneaky Pete for his prize. Please join me in congratulating Jeremy for a stand up performance !

Here are the answers to the Fiddleback Trivia questions in case you'd like to cross check them against your own answers:

The design for the Fiddleback Runt was initially drawn up on:
(b) Post-It-Note

2) The Hiking Buddy was designed to replace what type of knife ?
A large folding knife

3) Who submitted the design for the Arete during a contest that was conducted here on Blade Forums ?
Jason Moulenbelt (AKA Talfuchre / AKA Diomedes Industries)

4) What year did Andy start making knives in his garage ?

5) What model Fiddleback was the first offered as a production design ?
Bushfinger

6) The Bourbon Street Skinner was designed with what purpose in mind ?
(b) Bar Fighter

7) What popular model of Fiddleback inspired Andy to design the Bushfinger ?
Ladyfinger

8) Which dealer was not one of the first four to carry Fiddleback Forge knives ?
(d) DLT Trading

9) What brand of knife inspired Andy’s interest in Convex grinds ?
(c) Himalayan Imports

10) What early Fiddleback model was carried in the AG Russell catalog ?
Nessmuk

11) The Recluse was first designed and offered in a special run by what U.S. distributor ?
Knives Ship Free

12) What model of Fiddleback was the first to incorporate a hidden tang ?
Hiking Buddy

Note: Question #5 was intended to be a bit of a trick question. In some ways another consideration could have been the Recluse given the special run that was made by Bark River, however Andy provided the following insight. Fiddleback Forge licensed the design of the Recluse to Derek at Knives Ship Free who in turn contracted with Mike at BRKT to make the knives. Since Andy only provided the 220 bulls eyes and did not directly contract with BRKT, it could not be considered a true Fiddleback production run.

For all that managed to get all 12 questions correct you can now declare yourselves Fiddleback Savants !

As they would say on Forged In Fire........This contest is now over. Enjoy the rest of the summer.

Peter

Last edited:
A big thank you to Peter for putting together an epic give-a way contest! I'm truly honored to have been given a shot at this one and had a great time researching the questions. I've been around here long enough to have known (or at least thought I knew) the answers to some of the questions, but in researching the ones I didn't know I found that some of the ones I thought I knew, well ... I actually didn't know. In particular, #5, #7, and #11 had me going down the rabbit hole a bit as I practiced the fine art of googling and searching the forum.

Thanks again, Peter!!!

Cheers,
Jeremy

Back