• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

In case you were wanting to hear our side of the story:
  • Niagara Specialty Metals (NSM) has processed over 600,000 pounds of CPM MagnaCut since its inception in 2020.
  • From October 2021 until January 2023 NSM has sold or given Survive Knives 1,240 pounds of MagnaCut.
  • Survive complained about MagnaCut back in the fall of 2022. Since then, NSM has offered three times to take back anything they didn’t want to risk using. Survive did not take NSM up on the offers.
  • Survive had a large batch of MagnaCut decarbed at Peters in early 2023. This material was analyzed and found to be fine if .002” per side was removed. (Half the diameter of a human hair.)
  • Survive started posting videos about MagnaCut defects so we asked our business lawyer to reason with him to settle the matter. We made a generous offer despite not having evidence that the material was defective. They rejected the offer and said they wanted much more.
  • Guy claimed in a later video that NSM and Crucible are potentially supplying defective material to the aerospace industry. This is why we hired a litigation attorney and issued a cease and desist letter.
  • Further attempts were made to resolve the matter, but we couldn’t reach agreement.
  • This is the first time in our 42 year history we haven't been able to come to terms with a customer or had to get a lawyer involved. NSM ceased discussing the matter with Survive and made the business decision to stop spending money on legal fees.

giphy.gif

• Niagara Specialty Metals (NSM) has processed over 600,000 pounds of CPM MagnaCut since its inception in 2020.
  • From October 2021 until January 2023 NSM has sold or given Survive Knives 1,240 pounds of MagnaCut.
  • Survive complained about MagnaCut back in the fall of 2022. Since then, NSM has offered three times to take back anything they didn’t want to risk using. Survive did not take NSM up on the offers.
  • Survive had a large batch of MagnaCut decarbed at Peters in early 2023. This material was analyzed and found to be fine if .002” per side was removed. (Half the diameter of a human hair.)
  • Survive started posting videos about MagnaCut defects so we asked our business lawyer to reason with him to settle the matter. We made a generous offer despite not having evidence that the material was defective. They rejected the offer and said they wanted much more.
  • Guy claimed in a later video that NSM and Crucible are potentially supplying defective material to the aerospace industry. This is why we hired a litigation attorney and issued a cease and desist letter.
  • Further attempts were made to resolve the matter, but we couldn’t reach agreement.
  • This is the first time in our 42 year history we haven't been able to come to terms with a customer or had to get a lawyer involved. NSM ceased discussing the matter with Survive and made the business decision to stop spending money on legal fees.
Thank you for putting the time and effort into sharing this, and it sucks you had to blow money and energy on this whole debacle.

I really appreciate the candid post- you folks owe us no explanations, and it's outstanding that you think highly enough of us to post a response to this.
Nothing you've mentioned surprises me in the slightest, and I'm sorry you guys had to deal with S!K's unbelievable BS.

Thank you for posting this.

Thank you for posting this. I hope you and your legal team destroy this felon scumbag and his ponzi-scheme scamjoint armpit of a company and put them out of business permanently. It's clear to me that he thinks he's going to be able to swindle you out of a huge settlement, I look forward to seeing them shuttered, and your company owning everything they had.

Seems like Survive’s lone area of expertise is making excuses. They don’t want to make things good with their dissatisfied customers, they don’t want to make things good with their vendors. Given the history of these people, I had to assume there was another side to this story. From everything I’ve seen, anybody else who’s dealt with all these folks that Guy is trying to throw under the bus say they’re all stand-up people. Thank you nsm nsm for sharing your side.

Guy belongs in a 6x8 with bars made from CPM 3V.....Delta HT

Guy belongs in a 6x8 with bars made from CPM 3V.....Delta HT
This isn't possible since Peter's has also fired Guy.

Niagara's post just further confirms that this was never about the steel and was always about making excuses for not delivering.
How do you refuse a refund 3+times and still get off playing the victim card? Well done Niagara for staying on the high road.

This isn't possible since Peter's has also fired Guy.

Niagara's post just further confirms that this was never about the steel and was always about making excuses for not delivering.
How do you refuse a refund 3+times and still get off playing the victim card? Well done Niagara for staying on the high road.
I'm aware of the history with Peter's, and was just being facetious about the bars in Guy's cell being made from a very robust steel (so he cant escape) ;)

I'm aware of the history with Peter's, and was just being facetious about the bars in Guy's cell being made from a very robust steel (so he cant escape) ;)
B12buddy was also being facetious. You just misread his intent.

Given? He got some free and still complained and pulled this stunt? Guy would complain a glass of water was too wet.

Thanks for sharing your side 🤗

Given? He got some free and still complained and pulled this stunt? Guy would complain a glass of water was too wet.
Only if it would “delay” production.

Reading that thinks maybe this will be the next thing. Hey guys I went to CNC grind some knives but I couldn’t because the coolant we’ve been using for years now makes part too cool to properly grind please hang in there while we sort things out.

“They rejected the offer and said they wanted much more.”

So it’s not altruism, there’s a dollar amount needed to make Guy whole?

I’m waiting on two knives, one three years in. I’ve written it off, until I saw this, so posts make a difference!

Only if it would “delay” production.

Reading that thinks maybe this will be the next thing. Hey guys I went to CNC grind some knives but I couldn’t because the coolant we’ve been using for years now makes part too cool to properly grind please hang in there while we sort things out.
Everybody knows big coolant has banded together to cover it up and that Scarrin guy who developed magnacool is paying them off.

NSM ceased discussing the matter with Survive and made the business decision to stop spending money on legal fees.
While I would love to see guy and his lies called out in court. I understand your position. Hopefully other materials providers and the various other companies involved in the knife industry, and financial institutions for that matter, follow your lead and cut contact with survive. If customers won't stop falling for the scam, perhaps they only other way to put an end to it is for survive not to be able to produce even the small amount of knives needed for their ponzi scheme to work.

Thank you for presenting your side of the matter.

Funny that Guy has stopped posting about all the testing that he had taking place at THREE labs. I wonder what happened?

Back