• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Is it possible to buy CPM steels from wholesalers or can it only be bought from the manufacturer?

The other funny thing is one of the YouTubers who was pushing SK! is now an employee. I'm interested in how he buys all of his knives if he didn't have an existing job.

I'm not sure how is Guy, "ordering more material" when he is cut off? How is he going to get Magnacut?

He stated the Bohler in the GSO 5.1 thicknesses is too expensive.

Could it be that he lied, and has tons of blanks that are perfectly fine?

He used a handful of bad blanks to make it seem like a huge problem. Now that the AG is pressuring, he's finally going to have to make some knives.

He had to sell a bunch of EDC 4s just to get the money he squandered back to order raw materials to finish pre-orders.

Who knows...I just hate the company and what I went through to get my money back.
Which YouTuber is now working for Guy?

Apparently, they fired (or he quit) the guy that was supposed to be doing emails and social media. Before they parted ways, he (Tyler?) was posting pics of a bunch of knives that he had received from Guy. With they backlog from 2015 and all the BS surrounding outstanding orders, it was pretty tone deaf.

Which YouTuber is now working for Guy?

Apparently, they fired (or he quit) the guy that was supposed to be doing emails and social media. Before they parted ways, he (Tyler?) was posting pics of a bunch of knives that he had received from Guy. With they backlog from 2015 and all the BS surrounding outstanding orders, it was pretty tone deaf.
Tyler's gone? LOL

Heavy Set Tactical is the one now working there.

Also just got an email for EDC 4 factory 2nds.

Guy you can use that.
"Here at Survive we strive to make sure every customer who actually gets a knife experiences the joy and astonishment of getting it and not just losing thier money.
That's why our new motto:
But if it actually arrives it'll be awesome"

It’s been a while since I was here and I wanted to say hello, but I didn’t come empty handed. I have some great news!

It looks like NSM tapped out and admitted the defects they saw in the steel was due to a mistake in the melting process. That’s my take based on a recent a conversation they had with Guy.

I realize this is not going to change the narrative you all latched onto. But I thought I would share this because I know you all are interested in the truth.

The screenshot of the conversation is attached. I’m done.

Don’t get up. I know where the door is and I’ll be extra quick to not let it hit me in the ass on my way out.

ETA: Just when I thought I was out, I get pulled back in. Don’t worry Foghorn, I will keep my word; that was a good reply BTW. It was witty and pithy. 😀

A point of clarification: the melting process referred to in the attachment is referring to a process that happens at CPM. That’s what I believe is meant by that term. But I could be wrong.

No matter if it happened at NSM or CPM, it was not because of Guy’s finishing process as so vigorously attested to by others in this thread. And in my opinion, NSM did tap out on their customer service to Survive. I realize NSM has a different view on this, but that’s the way I see it.

I’m done commenting and I’ll be taking my leave now.

One last thing: if you’re going to flame me at least put the effort in like Foghorn did. 😀

Attachments

• DDD07A7D-7BA2-425B-A76A-896E807E7302.jpeg
    DDD07A7D-7BA2-425B-A76A-896E807E7302.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Yes, clearly the fact that Bob made special note of his desire to do no more business with Guy lends no credence to this narrative we’ve all latched onto. Where’s the rest of this ‘conversation’? How big a batch was affected by these defects? You’ve been a huge help.

Yes, clearly the fact that Bob made special note of his desire to do no more business with Guy lends no credence to this narrative we’ve all latched onto. Where’s the rest of this ‘conversation’? How big a batch was affected by these defects? You’ve been a huge help.
All of what I wrote is just my opinion. The screenshot is there for all of you to consider; you be the judge.

It’s been a while since I was here and I wanted to say hello, but I didn’t come empty handed. I have some great news!

It looks like NSM tapped out and admitted the defects they saw in the steel was due to a mistake in the melting process. That’s my take based on a recent a conversation they had with Guy.

I realize this is not going to change the narrative you all latched onto. But I thought I would share this because I know you all are interested in the truth.

Don’t get up. I know where the door is and I’ll be extra quick to not let it hit me in the ass on my way out.
Tell me again how that relates to the 9 year old unfulfilled but paid in full up front orders of 3v? ONE potentially bad batch of magnacut doesn’t equal this many unfulfilled orders especially when the vast majority aren’t even magnacut orders. I bet Guy thanked his lucky stars if he got one bad batch cause he could “latch onto” that excuse for his shit business

Indeed. The number of idiots on Youtube in the comments defending these wait times has been bizarre. I always get a kick out of it when they're on videos from some other Youtube doofus who's fluffing S?K, sorry, "doing a review". Like, you here posting about how you don't mind waiting for months or years or "whatever it takes" because you know it'll be "worth it"....on a video where some guy got HIS knife before you, because he has an audience that will hopefully result in more interest free loans preorders for Guy? That's fantastic. LOL

Genuinely poor logic.
There is a name for that syndrome! When people are taking hostage they can start siding with them. Blues Blues Mr E, what’s that called again? People have money & emotions tied up with their Survive bullshit! Lolz!

There is a name for that syndrome! When people are taking hostage they can start siding with them. Blues Blues Mr E, what’s that called again? People have money & emotions tied up with their Survive bullshit! Lolz!
Stockholm.

where did you get this screenshot?

It looks like NSM tapped out and admitted the defects they saw in the steel was due to a mistake in the melting process.
What it looks like is…

… how the heck do you have a screenshot of a private conversation?…

What what it looks like is NSM isn’t at fault. What it looks like is NSM continues to not want to do business with Guy Seiferd.

What do I know? Maybe this last time was or was not his fault, but it’s certainly the latest in a string of implausible delays, and the only thing connecting all of them is survive! Knives.

I bet Guy thanked his lucky stars if he got one bad batch cause he could “latch onto” that excuse for his shit business
We still don’t have the evidence yet, and as far as I’m concerned, how NSM responds to Guy is not an admission or proof of anything. Until I see the proof I can’t believe a thing Guy says. He’s done that to himself. If I was NSM, I’d make sure I moved that bad mojo along off my doorstep anyway I could.

… but you’re so right, Guy’s praying hard that he can even get the shadow of a doubt to lend him any credibility. He’s needed a “SEE?! I TOLD YA!!” Moment for a decade.

I looked around for that text online. It is not on any S!K social media or videos. So... how does El Bribon have it? I have questions after reading that text, but I do not see it as proving Guy was "right" and the steel was defective. Finally, S!K has open orders from 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 and this year. Guy and Ellie has issues long before Magnacut went into production. Given Guy's history, I will withhold judgement on what is going on here until I hear from NSM.

edit to add:
El Bribon has been back here to look at this thread since his post. Why will he not say where he got the text?

Last edited:
Back