• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

Wow, a really interesting crowd of conspiracy theorists here. Before I stop feeding the trolls, I at least want to set some things straight.

The only contact I had to SURVIVE!, apart from ordering my knives, was when I asked them by email to change the steel on an order from 20CV to 3V, which was no problem.

Inner circle, special customer, Guys carpet, select few, work buddies, give me a break, premium jokes indeed…

If this is the average truth content of this sub-forum, it seems to me a bit of a waste of time, my sense of humor seems to differ as well.

I don`t even live in America.

Rob_Angerer Rob_Angerer : I must have gotten my first GSO in about 2013 (4.1), makes 8 years for 10. Of course I had more than one order running at a time. I ordered my GSO 5.1 in 2016. So yes, I too have and had to wait a long time for some of them. Would I do that again? Anytime.
I how love how this shill considers actual facts, history, and historical facts to be a "conspiracy". :rolleyes: 🤣

Is this the incident?

guy_arrest.jpg

(Gettysburg Times 1999-05-31)
I was unable to open the jpg file you attempted to post. I'm still interested.

Here's the text. The remainder of the article is behind a pay wall.

Arrest made in G'burg gun theft

Man had travel plans, roommate says

BY JOSH DOOLEY

Times Staff Writer

Hours before he reportedly planned to leave the country, police arrested Guy Kenneth Seiferd Jr., 19, of Gettysburg in connection with the burglary at Redding's Hardware in Gettysburg last week in which 17 handguns were stolen.

Seiferd is currently being held in the Adams County Prision in lieu of a $100,000 bond on charges of burglary, criminal trespass and theft, according to a prison spokesperson.

A search warrant delivered to Seiferd's landlord and roommate Raymond Kline outlines a trail of confidential informants that led police to Seiferd. The informants allegedly told officials Seiferd bragged about the crime and tried to sell some weapons.

In their search warrant, police allege Seiferd, a former Marine, according to Kline, approached his recruiter in Hanover with a bag full of weapons, attempting to sell them.

Kline was outside his townhouse in the 100 block of High Street Saturday afternoon with friends watching a mechanic work on Kline's van when police arrived.

Work was being done on the van so Kline could take Seiferd to the airport, Kline said.

"He had a ticket and he had a plan. He was headed to Cozumel (Mexico). He had just gotten his scuba diving license and he was going to go down there and get a job," Kline said.

But that plan came to a screeching halt Saturday afternoon.

"They came out of nowhere. All

(See ARREST on Page A8)

So I took some time to think about what they are up to. They say they need more money to finish the knives and pay employees. They say they spent the money so there isn't any for a refund. They wish to do more starters and pre-orders or whatever name to get people to send in money. You have Companies getting knives before the people who have been waiting years. Just as the 2nds were really your 1st and sold twice to get more money this is what is happening again with HQ and anywhere else they can sell your finished product and you will be waiting.

They don't have the steel or postage money they claim yet they took in 14K orders just for one model and your telling me they are going to make all these models by Christmas 'NOT". Even the help said he is just there to finish the 3.5 and 6 so they will slow to crawl again shortly. The 3 kind of lies are " Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics. People want to believe them and that is what they are counting on but your hopes will wain with the years and now refunds are not happening as needed tells me the end is near.

I can machine other things than knives Guy says and make money. He also as an LLC can run with your money and sell the equipment and you will never get your money back. They have been lying on purpose for years so what makes you think they have stopped.

Remember they said they would not choose a company to meet their standards unless they did their research to make sure all was good for the consumer. Now they trash every company they ever worked with and most of it was lies. Tell me again how those SK line knives slowed demand and speed up the GSO orders. I would not send them a dime until they are all caught up. Then again you remember they were going to be finished will all the blades by Dec 2020 and they were suppose to go on vacation and only do small batch orders on that other site that wants nothing to do with them.

They hate the truth coming out because it slows their money intake on new suc.. hm customers? We on bladeforum are such bad folks for not like being lied to and waiting 5 or more years and fight like hell to get refunds and trashed talked when we do. I ordered a 5.1 in May of 2016 and they are not even in shop to get worked on but somehow they are going to get 10K of them done in the next few months. They will come up with a new term to explain how they did what they said or some other lie. Who can keep count at this point.

I was unable to open the jpg file you attempted to post. I'm still interested.
I know it’s been posted on text form, by now, but the summary is:

Guy stole guns and was trying to sell them.

Now I was 19 once, and did plenty of stupid and regrettable things in my life, so I’m not one to hold those actions against someone.

I will say that this kind of mentality seems like it’s systemic; like it’s fundamental to how he operates.

Here's the text. The remainder of the article is behind a pay wall.

Arrest made in G'burg gun theft

Man had travel plans, roommate says

BY JOSH DOOLEY

Times Staff Writer

Hours before he reportedly planned to leave the country, police arrested Guy Kenneth Seiferd Jr., 19, of Gettysburg in connection with the burglary at Redding's Hardware in Gettysburg last week in which 17 handguns were stolen.

Seiferd is currently being held in the Adams County Prision in lieu of a $100,000 bond on charges of burglary, criminal trespass and theft, according to a prison spokesperson.

A search warrant delivered to Seiferd's landlord and roommate Raymond Kline outlines a trail of confidential informants that led police to Seiferd. The informants allegedly told officials Seiferd bragged about the crime and tried to sell some weapons.

In their search warrant, police allege Seiferd, a former Marine, according to Kline, approached his recruiter in Hanover with a bag full of weapons, attempting to sell them.

Kline was outside his townhouse in the 100 block of High Street Saturday afternoon with friends watching a mechanic work on Kline's van when police arrived.

Work was being done on the van so Kline could take Seiferd to the airport, Kline said.

"He had a ticket and he had a plan. He was headed to Cozumel (Mexico). He had just gotten his scuba diving license and he was going to go down there and get a job," Kline said.

But that plan came to a screeching halt Saturday afternoon.

"They came out of nowhere. All

(See ARREST on Page A8)

Heh yeah, that definitely sounds like a "mistake", a momentary lapse in judgement. What a scumbag.

Now I was 19 once, and did plenty of stupid and regrettable things in my life, so I’m not one to hold those actions against someone.

I will say that this kind of mentality seems like it’s systemic; like it’s fundamental to how he operates.
I'm absolutely a proponent of second chances. I think people that have done their time absolutely deserve an opportunity to regain trust. But when a former thief starts doing things that look an awful lot like thievery I don't think ignoring their past actions helps anyone.

Some people learn their lesson and some do not. If you a crook then you will say and do anything to get paid. I have zero faith in this company. I don't have faith in people that will say untrue things to get what they want either. People want their knives so bad that they go on tangents about how great SK are so they can get blades that are not even out yet or they get their limited run before others who have no chance of seeing their orders for 5 or more years. Oh wait for it the In Production motto will get changed right before the due date and they will come up with a savoy lie to cover their 6.

For the record, if you're a knife maker who makes fixed blades, but can't figure out how to make sheaths for your knives, to the point that you allow it to derail your whole production schedule while you wait for someone else to do it, you don't deserve to be in business! 😅 😅

There are dudes on Instagram making knives with a sheath, one at a time, who have a better delivery record than these scumbags, that's just hilarious to me.
I asked them to send me the knife and I would get my own sheath once and crickets on my confirmation number but they had monthly sales one after another and they were suppose to be seconds and they all had sheaths. Sheath issues are just a lie to cover up for another lie and buy more time. They stall and stall and don't care if you get your knife on time. Hell they could have sent me a 2nd and I would let it be but no they robbed Peter to pay Paul. They say contact them and test them. I've been there and done that and in the end it was here is your money and thanks for the loan. Anyone noticed that the in production models are getting fewer in numbers. So what I am saying in finishing and other terms will be used by them to say we didn't promise these by Christmas.

September is upon us and so they best get to working to get the 5.1 out by 12/25. All your other Christmas promises have been broken.

Well to be completely fair he did actually have the guns he was selling in hand.

Well to be completely fair he did actually have the guns he was selling in hand.
“Yeah, I got your gun- I just have to accurize it for you. Yeah, I don’t sell anything that isn’t to the “Guy” standard. You understand. Okay, that will be 500 bucks and I’ll get that gun to you within the week.”

If he was a former marine at the time what's the chances that he was a poor misled teenager making a mistake?

If he was a former marine at the time what's the chances that he was a poor misled teenager making a mistake?
I think Veterans can speak to this better than I can, but word from my late father (Army lt.) indicated that the military attracted all kinds, and ended up being a good home for otherwise misguided individuals.
Unfortunately, as much respect as I have for Marines and other military service people, I don't think military service can make up for a lack of maturity.
The frontal cortex doesn't fully mature until about 25, anyway, so I'd say there's some leniency.

The guy's 41 now, so he's a grown man and I'm not feeling sorry for his situation.

If he was 19 and a "former" Marine, that's not really a positive remark on his service. Aren't you in for four years when you enlist? And we all know the Marines didn't take him at 15 years old, soooooo.....

One wonders what his “mistake” was. Was it when he planned the theft, when he executed the plan, when he arranged to sell the guns, or was it getting caught? Seems like the only mistake he made was thinking he’d get away with it in the first place.

I‘ve never seen numerous, planned felonies called a “mistake” before.

Back