• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Stop, stop it, I'm gonna pee, I'm gonna pee, stop LMAOOOO

Let me see if I got this right. You somehow expect S?K to produce and ship an order of 70 (seventy) knives in the next...two and a half months?

As I said, the quality of logic on display here is....it's wow. It's special, man.
The most interesting thing about it is that if they accept the job and can't do it, it looks terrible for Survive, but if they accept the job and CAN do it, that actually looks much, much worse for Survive.

I picked one up on eBay for that very reason. I noticed when Survive started putting up videos about their equipment, order status, and timelines people started dumping new survive knives they were holding onto on eBay and elsewhere.

Big fan of the basic design, I'll have to take your word on it being mid-tech. It's interesting reading about the different steels here. I also never knew what heat treating was before reading this thread. Hoping I can find some more information about it on this site

I think they work on batches of knives. I'm guessing they don't have the capacity to make individual knives to order and need to make a bunch at once? The pictures they've posted suggest that to me and I think when I ordered mine Guy talked about only a couple slots left but I'm not 100% sure. Shortly after I ordered mine the option to order more on their website was halted.
Which is a standard tactic of scammers who are preying on the FOMO of idiot would-be customers. The fact that you got taken for a ride here is on you. I have to wonder, iiiinnnn (once again checks watch) 74 days, when you absolutely do not have any new S?K knives in your hands, will you come back here and eat that humble pie where we can watch, or are you just going to vanish like the ghost of a bad fart? I guess we'll see. :D

I don't do insta-face, and haven't the patience to skim through youtube videos, but I just had a curious thought. Do any of these videos show knives being made? I mean, I can find videos from various manufacturers showing knives being heated, ground, assembled, sharpened, etc. but all the ones I've seen posted here have Guy in a very clean looking shop, talking and showing off some big machines, and handling a knife or two. I'm not saying they don't exist but does anyone have a link?

It's because they don't actually make any knives. They still order their parts from somewhere else, or someone else, and then bolt them together. They have NEVER made any of their own knives. They don't even make their own sheathes! How many times over the years has the excuse been "We're still waiting on (blades, sheathes, handle materials, etc.) from our vendor/supplier..."? You can buy all the cool looking hi-tech manufacturing equipment you want, and put it in a nice clean shop, but when you don't see anything being made, it's immediately understood that that's because it's all for show.

In point of fact, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that that scumbag Guy was filming that video in yet another company's machine shop. That would be entirely on-brand for him.

First of all, did you know that I ordered a knife two weeks ago and it just arrived today? Awesome, right? Heh, no, that's not right, it's made-up, just like your claim that you somehow got an order paid for and it's on its way within a several month timeframe.
I seen you sold the 4.7 you found, wish I would have caught that sooner. If you have any more Survive knives kicking around your place let me know.

As for the made-up claim of getting the order in within several months (under 7), you willing to make a little wager on it? Pink slips on a knife perhaps?
Secondly, wait. So wait, hold up. You acknowledge (I've bolded it) that others haven't gotten their knives...and yet believe that an order for 70(!!) knives for your workplace will somehow happen in anything approaching a usable timeline?
That's the caveat of course. I'd get a completion and shipping date in writing. If it's not made, full refund.
I wasn't the OPI for it but a few years ago a peer organized a group buy (except we paid out of pocket instead of it being covered as a gift) with para-ordnance and some 1911s. Learned some valuable lessons.

I have to wonder, iiiinnnn (once again checks watch) 74 days, when you absolutely do not have any new S?K knives in your hands, will you come back here and eat that humble pie where we can watch, or are you just going to vanish like the ghost of a bad fart? I guess we'll see. :D
If I pull the trigger on a group order and it goes south I gladly post about it.

That is the delta heat treated CPM 3v. Some of the best hard use steel, that will still hold a fine edge really well, IMO. Obviously not recent production because they don't use it any more.
Appreciate that thank you.

You are getting grief for your "they are turning it around" attitude. We've seen them say that many times before and they should not be trusted to do so.
All good dude. They've got a hell of an uphill hump that's for sure.

I seen you sold the 4.7 you found, wish I would have caught that sooner. If you have any more Survive knives kicking around your place let me know.

As for the made-up claim of getting the order in within several months (under 7), you willing to make a little wager on it? Pink slips on a knife perhaps?

That's the caveat of course. I'd get a completion and shipping date in writing. If it's not made, full refund.
I wasn't the OPI for it but a few years ago a peer organized a group buy (except we paid out of pocket instead of it being covered as a gift) with para-ordnance and some 1911s. Learned some valuable lessons.

If I pull the trigger on a group order and it goes south I gladly post about it.

Interesting that you searched through my posts to find a sales post from a few months ago. But that's neither here nor there. Secondly, make a wager? With a guy with nine posts who just joined up a week ago to defend a fraud of a company run by a scammer and a felon? You'll pardon me if I pass, I'm sure. Your entire reason for having joined this forum makes you immediately untrustworthy, simple as that.

At the end of the day I think there is a small group of knife enthusiasts such as yourselves here for whom ethics, when it comes to these companies, is a huge deal. I'm guessing a lot of people just see something they want and buy it. Evidence of that is in the people willing to wait years for knives. I've always carried production knives so it was never an issue with me.

I have seen plenty of folks like yourself come in here and relay their "positive" experiences in the face of overwhelming facts to the contrary. I mean no offense by that - if you have had good experiences, then good on you but this thread really isn't about the handful of positive experiences that some might have, is it? (I mean, seriously, it is stickied at the top and has a big ol' red "BAD" banner in the prefix...)

I was mostly just skimming your posts but what I bolded above in your statement caught my eye. I would say most of us here care a great deal about the ethics of a knifemaker as well as those of a company and their employees. I used to own a couple of Survive knives - I happen to like the designs and am a big fan of the delta heat treat protocol for 3v. That said, when it became clear to me that they wouldn't be honest with us in acknowledging their mistakes, creating an actionable plan to make it right, and then making tangible steps towards that goal - I could no longer, in good conscience, have their knives in my possession or ever advocate for them again.

Why would I own or use a knife that I am ashamed to have because the maker/manufacturer can't be bothered to be honest? It is the same reason why I won't own a Koster knife (ever) - he does the same exact crap.

I don't miss my old Survive knives and with them ditching the Delta heat treat protocol, there isn't even that element to entice me back. Plain jane 3V is an ok steel but why would you use that when you can get knives from a superior company (in ALL ways) with the best heat treat for 3V in the industry?

No looking back for me - Survive has had numerous "second chances" and they have demonstrated that they will screw it up every single time. Even if they get "back on track", it proves nothing when it comes to their integrity (or lack thereof). They simply won't own that they screwed the pooch in a gargantuan manner - it is always someone else's fault...

Interesting that you searched through my posts to find a sales post from a few months ago. But that's neither here nor there. Secondly, make a wager? With a guy with nine posts who just joined up a week ago to defend a fraud of a company run by a scammer and a felon? You'll pardon me if I pass, I'm sure. Your entire reason for having joined this forum makes you immediately untrustworthy, simple as that.
Saw the post a little while ago when I was looking for GSO blades for sale. I thought you sold yours at a decent price. Looking at one on eBay right now, $399 (down from $450) for a factory 2cd. I'm tempted but not enough yet.

As for the wager, what do you have to lose if you're confident? I post some evidence. If I'm bullshitting then you either get a blade if I'm a man of my word, or I refuse after the deal is made/it's clear I'm bullshitting then you call me out and my name is forever ruined. I'll make it my brand new Survive GSO knife. Think of the LOLs you could get winning that and throwing it in the trash. If it's clear I'm honest then I get a blade since you're a man of your word. Under 7 months/210 days, I'll keep it on the back burner ;)

Don’t play the “victim” card please, that’s a tactic SURVIVE! has used for years.
No victim here. I'm making my own bed. I won't belabor what I was passing on or say much more on the issue after this.

I have seen plenty of folks like yourself come in here and relay their "positive" experiences in the face of overwhelming facts to the contrary. I mean no offense by that - if you have had good experiences, then good on you but this thread really isn't about the handful of positive experiences that some might have, is it? (I mean, seriously, it is stickied at the top and has a big ol' red "BAD" banner in the prefix...)
You're right. Maybe anyone speaking contrary to the theme of this thread shouldn't be allowed posting in it- bad experiences only. As a community that's big on ethics with knives and knife making, I can see your POVs about posting anything positive perceived as trying to change people's minds. Perhaps I should have just posted my shipping timeline and left it with being called a liar and dumb and a shill and a plant.

I was mostly just skimming your posts but what I bolded above in your statement caught my eye. I would say most of us here care a great deal about the ethics of a knifemaker as well as those of a company and their employees.
I suspected as much which is why I brought it up. I'm a gun guy. I was going to pick up a neat rifle from M+M Industries, the M10X. The company did some bullshit moves and started marketing the rifle with bullshit "DMR" components to justify jacking up their price. I think a "DMR trigger guard" was one of the upgrades or something to the effect. I thought it was unethical and shitty so I passed.
I'm a hypocrite though because I've bought some XCRs when the company owner was shitting on anyone who criticized anything to do with the platform. It got so bad his employees basically had to force him off social media, he was a real dick to people. I really like the guns so I bought them anyway.

I used to own a couple of Survive knives - I happen to like the designs and am a big fan of the delta heat treat protocol for 3v. That said, when it became clear to me that they wouldn't be honest with us in acknowledging their mistakes, creating an actionable plan to make it right, and then making tangible steps towards that goal - I could no longer, in good conscience, have their knives in my possession or ever advocate for them again.
That's a solid stance to take.
Why would I own or use a knife that I am ashamed to have because the maker/manufacturer can't be bothered to be honest? It is the same reason why I won't own a Koster knife (ever) - he does the same exact crap.
Again, very fair. I'm in a position between the experiences of others and my own. In another hindsight, I really do think you brought up a good point about this not being the venue to share anything positive (words to that effect).

It is PAINFULLY obvious that Abjectwhatever is a shill. This is not "normal" behavior of a customer or a new member. I am not going to itemize the questionable things it has posted. For those of us that have been dealing with S!K for a while, Abjectwhatever's post seem eerily similar to the shill posts that we have seen in the past. With that in mind, I see no reason to continue to pretend that Abjectwhatever just a random S!K customer and new member.

You're right. Maybe anyone speaking contrary to the theme of this thread shouldn't be allowed posting in it- bad experiences only. As a community that's big on ethics with knives and knife making, I can see your POVs about posting anything positive perceived as trying to change people's minds. Perhaps I should have just posted my shipping timeline and left it with being called a liar and dumb and a shill and a plant.

The purpose of this thread is to demonstrate that the BF community as a whole doesn't forget. Survive screwed up bad enough to have their whole sub-forum here tanked - with the time that I've been around, they are the only sub that I am aware of that that has happened to. It's safe to say that anyone coming here with a positive experience is going to be met with skepticism, if not outright hostility. It isn't necessarily that we don't believe them (I'm certainly less cynical than others) but having a lot of newer folks coming in with their positive stories when there are still folks who have been waiting for years without knife or money - the positive vibes fall flat and the promises of "turning things around" ring very hollow.

BladeForums members can be very forgiving - but there is a limit to everyone's patience and understanding and Survive crossed that line and simply never stopped to look back. All I hear when I see Survive being brought up are Ellie's eternally empty word salads and Guy's endless excuses. They had the power to turn all this around ages ago - it is now way too late.

Aside from all of that though, enjoy your knives and maybe poke around a few more places here - you will find a lot of really good stuff.

Thanks Padruig. Question for you, what's stopping people from getting their money back from Survive if they want a refund? My CC company said I would get a refund if I submitted a claim no problem. I know Paypal has buyer protection and someone up thread put in a complaint and it looks like Survive shipped them their knife shortly after.

Thanks Padruig. Question for you, what's stopping people from getting their money back from Survive if they want a refund? My CC company said I would get a refund if I submitted a claim no problem. I know Paypal has buyer protection and someone up thread put in a complaint and it looks like Survive shipped them their knife shortly after.

I think it is different for everyone.

-Some folks have endless patience or are eternally optimistic.
-Some folks had difficulties receiving refunds from Survive (Survive even had their PayPal funds frozen at one point).
-Survive tried to charge a fee for refunds - a "restocking" fee for something they hadn't even made yet 😏.
-Also, PayPal protection has a limited window and when most folks realized they weren't going to see their knife anytime soon, that window had long since closed.
-There are some other scenarios in there too that I am likely overlooking.

Last edited:
The purpose of this thread is to demonstrate that the BF community as a whole doesn't forget. Survive screwed up bad enough to have their whole sub-forum here tanked - with the time that I've been around, they are the only sub that I am aware of that that has happened to. It's safe to say that anyone coming here with a positive experience is going to be met with skepticism, if not outright hostility. It isn't necessarily that we don't believe them (I'm certainly less cynical than others) but having a lot of newer folks coming in with their positive stories when there are still folks who have been waiting for years without knife or money - the positive vibes fall flat and the promises of "turning things around" ring very hollow.

BladeForums members can be very forgiving - but there is a limit to everyone's patience and understanding and Survive crossed that line and simply never stopped to look back. All I hear when I see Survive being brought up are Ellie's eternally empty word salads and Guy's endless excuses. They had the power to turn all this around ages ago - it is now way too late.

Aside from all of that though, enjoy your knives and maybe poke around a few more places here - you will find a lot of really good stuff.

Great post!

There are other threads in the GBU where good and bad experiences are shared and taken at similar value of consideration. Even the best of companies/people are not perfect and will have an issue pop up so a negative experience is bound to occur. How they handle them is a great indicator of the quality of a company.

On the flip side, even the worst companies will still have people that have had positive experiences, otherwise they'd sink right to the bottom rather than linger on.

I've been on the forums shorter than some and longer than others, and I agree with Padruig above in that I don't recall ever seeing a situation where a manufacturer's forum got dumped because of their business practices. They are, shall we say, unique.

A AbjectTestament you must understand other's perception of your presence here. Your first posts states you are a fanboy of the company and want to share your thoughts for potential prospects. You have read this entire thread. Read through the continuous issues, excuses, and resolutions to do better that never actually occur and are now a predictable cycle. You even experienced some of the issues yourself, albeit not to the extend of others.

After knowing all this, you essentially repeat the same bogus stuff that the owners continue to spew which has proven to be BS assurances because it hasn't improved for years. And after all this, you are still going to (or considering) put in a large order and expect it to be done in a couple months. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, which is why people are throwing the "S" word around.

And post # 1421 nails the reality of this potential situation. They are damned if they succeed and damned if they don't all because of their crap practices.

Sorry for the long post.

To close, there is only one "Good" post that will hold any weight and not be laughed at or thought a shill. That is the day that the owners come on and say that they are actually caught up with their entire backlog of orders. Until then, any "good" post is just smoke and mirrors.

A AbjectTestament I hope you stick around the forums!

SK has a slew of Fan only circle jerking social media, and you sign up here just to post in an SK complaint forum how awesome they have been for ya? Ya seems legit.

You are either a contrarian who likes stirring up drama, an SK fanboy trolling here, or a direct friend/shill of SK. There really is no fourth option, not with your bizarre smurf intro and tons of follow up posts. You know it, I know, everyone here knows it.
What is your point here? ...(that's rhetorical, I don't expect you to actually tell us). But hey, whatever jerks your chicken. But I will use you for illustration in my point........

I owned a dozen SK knives starting and a half dozen on order when I finally wised up after 3 years of non-delivery and canceled all my "pre orders". I will say, of all the things that really turned me off most, it was the Scummy MM (multilevel marketing) that REALLY swayed me to bail. That is, not only the absurd Fanboys (you expect those) but we also had Shills (friends, employees, sheathmakers, etc on the take) that were surreptitiously mixing in with the with fanboys making it a full blown gaslighting swamp in social media. Props to BF for realizing this and putting a stop to it! Let SK play their ponzi MM tactics in THIER social media THEY can control, not here. And make no mistake, SK does control their social media. I can confirm/attest, you make one negative comment on their social medial platforms, (youtube), and they WILL shadow ban you. You think all those positive only comments on SK's social media are coincidence?

Consider this...... Unlike the SK controlled social media that censors HONEST dissent, BF endures the occasional Dishonest shill/troll and even still allows guy to post here (crickets). It speaks volumes to the difference in integrity.

Last edited:
Now, this gave me a chuckle.
Not that you need my advice.. but yea, I wouldn't take that bet either. Why would I take a bet from someone saying they are not a shill (like a shill is going to tell you otherwise?) while exhibiting many red flags . A shill by definition would likely have preferential treatment, IE, get their knife free, quick etc. So why would one take up a bet with an alleged shill that they couldn't produce something only a shill would have???

That's some funny double negative stuff.

Saw the post a little while ago when I was looking for GSO blades for sale. I thought you sold yours at a decent price. Looking at one on eBay right now, $399 (down from $450) for a factory 2cd. I'm tempted but not enough yet.

As for the wager, what do you have to lose if you're confident? I post some evidence. If I'm bullshitting then you either get a blade if I'm a man of my word, or I refuse after the deal is made/it's clear I'm bullshitting then you call me out and my name is forever ruined. I'll make it my brand new Survive GSO knife. Think of the LOLs you could get winning that and throwing it in the trash. If it's clear I'm honest then I get a blade since you're a man of your word. Under 7 months/210 days, I'll keep it on the back burner ;)

No victim here. I'm making my own bed. I won't belabor what I was passing on or say much more on the issue after this.

I suspected as much which is why I brought it up. I'm a gun guy. I was going to pick up a neat rifle from M+M Industries, the M10X. The company did some bullshit moves and started marketing the rifle with bullshit "DMR" components to justify jacking up their price. I think a "DMR trigger guard" was one of the upgrades or something to the effect. I thought it was unethical and shitty so I passed.
I'm a hypocrite though because I've bought some XCRs when the company owner was shitting on anyone who criticized anything to do with the platform. It got so bad his employees basically had to force him off social media, he was a real dick to people. I really like the guns so I bought them anyway.

That's a solid stance to take.

Again, very fair. I'm in a position between the experiences of others and my own. In another hindsight, I really do think you brought up a good point about this not being the venue to share anything positive (words to that effect).
LOL So, not only a shill, but an attempted scammer scumbag just like your b....HEEEEEYYYY WAITAMINUTE!!!!

🤣🤣 🤣 🤣

Remember when I said to read more and post less? :rolleyes:

Looking at one on eBay right now, $399 (down from $450) for a factory 2cd.
If you've read up on survive you'd know that "factory 2nd" means nothing other than it was a knife paid for and meant to go to the original buyer, but survive needed the money again so the sold it for a second time to a new buyer (who then also waited years). Also, it isn't a second in that they still don't have the knife when they sold it the second time. They have admitted to pre selling seconds before they even know they will have any seconds since they don't have any "firsts" yet either. It is a scam. Time to stop shilling for them.

Back