• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Survive! Deserves A Permanent Post In The Hall Of Shame

... the utter cluelessness in revealing yet again that "there are a ton of projects in the hopper" ...
After so many years of being in the rears, you'd think they'd stop using hyperbole if they were actually making significant progress on cleaning up their mess. "We still have to make 900 knives" would be a meaningful statement. I've not even been following S!K for very long, but even I know that's a classic Guy move.

✔️ Overstate your position and avoid making quantifiable statements.
✔️ Never accept blame when things go wrong
✔️ Paint an optimistic picture of the future
✔️ Start back at the top

The most pathetic thing about the article, other than Survive continuing to blame everyone but themselves, is the utter cluelessness in revealing yet again that "there are a ton of projects in the hopper" while multi-year backorders continue to remain unfulfilled.
Further, this proves how dumb and sycophantic their (few) superfans and defenders are. "I just LOVE hearing how a company that has like, four people working for it, are putting in hours on new projects/products while a product I paid for one, two, three, six years ago still isn't in my hands! Guy's the best and those haters can eff off! I'm sure they're getting right on making my knife, any day now! "

I literally can't envision being that stupid.

At least Guy knows to keep shoveling the crap to feed fuel to the fire after all false hope makes you feel better than no hope like with my one bad Kickstarter experience where for maybe 3 years we got year BS update and no no update in I believe over 2 years and the project is 8+ years old IIRC.

Now the message at the bottom when you order the magnacut steel that was suppose to be over last Sunday " This is a preorder and there is no date of completion for these orders" Yet the click to buy states it will be several months before they are done. Now what about all those knives that were suppose to be done by Christmas or the end of this year? Nope they are not done. Told you Fanboys to stop lying to everyone. Now didn't I say they would carry out this by Christmas ruse to get more money. Don't worry next year will be the same thing. Stop sending them money fanboys in hope of getting the best knife at the best standards anyone has ever seen. It would be nice just to see a model in the hands of the Victims. of Survive.

Remember we on Bladeforum are preaching old news as "Guys words are we complete models in a few months since we have our own equipment." Guy you also said you had all the steel for the models too so what is this about a supply issue? If you had the steel for the 5.1 years ago then why did you trash the 20CV and 154 steel to upgrade to Magnacut steel that you don't have? So you don't have 20CV, cpm 154, or even your trademark Delta 3V steel. The Federal and State agencies have a word for it "FRAUD".

quote from the article .....But he’s also realistic about the space he wants Survive to occupy. “What I’ve noticed is, the larger you get, the larger the burden is. We’re never going to grow into a Benchmade.”

Bwahahahhah... Ok, that one gave me a laugh. Yea just like Bernie Madoff was never gong to grow into a Fidelity Investments.... hahahah...
What an absolute scatalogical clown show. The hardest thing about survive is trying to decide which is more cringy... the creepy Michael Avenatti of knives owner.... or the sycophantic sheep and shills.

Did your March 2021 order arrive? Curious to see if you have got your knife.
It did yes. 206 days from order to shipping. I definitely lucked in with the "short" shipping time.

It looks like the GSO 4.5s are wrapping up, lots of blades seemingly shipping out, and a few leftovers on their website. Looking at picking up a 4.5 (looks like I missed out on the thinner blade option), a new model 4.7 to check it out, and my pièce de résistance, a GSO 8.

Why people don't mind owning things made by shitbag criminals, I'll never understand. Pride of ownership use to mean something...

Today it’s more important to be a smug, trolling fool to get reactions and spend money, not on items to make life better or make oneself happy but, spend it to get Instagram likes.

Attention > pride of ownership.

999423fef7b5eb0995b6e94f30713eea.jpg

It did yes. 206 days from order to shipping. I definitely lucked in with the "short" shipping time.

It looks like the GSO 4.5s are wrapping up, lots of blades seemingly shipping out, and a few leftovers on their website. Looking at picking up a 4.5 (looks like I missed out on the thinner blade option), a new model 4.7 to check it out, and my pièce de résistance, a GSO 8.
How does it feel to know that you skipped ahead in line? 6 years ahead? At Christmastime?

There's an 80% chance your license plate was made by a criminal.
That's not really the same thing, but you knew that.

Strange that you would get a knife before so many others before you. 🤷‍♂️

Would you mind sharing a picture of your knife? I am sure you are telling the truth, but it is sorta suspect. Up to you of course.

Strange that you would get a knife before so many others before you. 🤷‍♂️

Would you mind sharing a picture of your knife? I am sure you are telling the truth, but it is sorta suspect. Up to you of course.
Sure. I posted pictures a few pages back but I can post another one.

Me getting a knife before so many others isn't exactly the case. I got lucky and ordered the knife at the end of that model's pre-order. Right after I ordered one they shut new orders for them down. 4 or 5 months later they started shipping them out. My order appears to be one of the last ones shipped and shipped just after 6 months.

There are lots of people still waiting on knife orders, some from 5 or 6 years ago. I don't believe any of those are GSO 6 orders.

Back