Survive! knives F1 (folder!)

Just saw the Survive! Knives F1 on Instagram.
It is a folder they have been working on for a while. Looks like a interesting lock. Nice chamfered corners. And the blade shape of the GSO 2.7.
I am stoked!
What are your thoughts?
TulqviU.jpg

gA00A4g.jpg

My thoughts are, they're going to want the money now, but you'll see the knife in four years or so (despite being told it'd be in your hands in 90 days). Also, it'll be after (just so amazingly) they somehow have some defective knives from this run to sell others, and they bring out roughly 17 other models, all of which get ordered and somehow made before your knife that you ordered years ago does.

Good luck! They're scumbags.

The knife looks decent but I’ll pass. History has show that if this folder ever goes up for presale, buyers will pay full price up front and knife might be completed in 3-5+ years. I’d rather save $25 a week and in that same time frame, buy 4 Shirogorov’s.

Pay now. Itll be ready for delivery in three to ten yrs.

Right? Those guys couldn't even get fixed blades to their customers in anything approaching a reasonable time, and they literally make nothing. Their scales and blades are made for them and shipped to Guy where it takes him four years to attach scales and sharpen them. Could you imagine how long an order for a folding knife would take? Those actually have to be tuned. Customers won't EVER see these.

Is this some kind of early april fools joke?

If not, I wonder who makes it for them ... , if they dont make it themselves (which I doubt).

Astounding, that a company which cant get fixed blades to customers would branch out.

Again, assume this is a joke (like the company).

Is this some kind of early april fools joke?

If not, I wonder who makes it for them ... , if they dont make it themselves (which I doubt).

Astounding, that a company which cant get fixed blades to customers would branch out.

Again, assume this is a joke (like the company).

Didn’t they move in with Millit last year? If so, presumably millit will do everything but the legendary sharpening job.

Makes me wonder how they’ve been “working on” this folder for “a while” now, considering they have a backlog of paid customers that haven’t received a fixed blade yet. I also echo the sentiment that it’s hard to believe a fine tuned folder could actually be produced when fixed blades that need nothing but scales and a sharpening haven’t materialized. Hard pass.

BladeScout, I too wondered if this thread was a joke. There aren’t a lot of Survive supporters on this forum and any thread concerning them will most likely not contain positive comments.

Go ahead and pay in advance. Everything will be fine, though there might be a slight delay due to the sheaths not being ready.:D

The handle looks...pregnant.

Even if we were to completely overlook the sins of the company behind this offering, I'm just not seeing a whole lot on offer here. It's a very basic design, with a lock that's become utterly ubiquitous and lines that do nothing to stand out. The only unique bit seems to be the secondary lock and, well, it's a secondary lock. The less is said about those things the better.

The only good things I have to say is that other than the somewhat confusing bulge in the handle, the lines are very simple, which while uninspiring, can be very good for actual use. If this knife was being manufactured by a company that we could reasonably expect to actually produce such a thing for people to use, that would be a net positive, but seeing as Survive has demonstrated endless problems assembling fairly simple fixed blades in a timely manner, I predict this folder will see the light of day when we have fully colonized Mars and have personal robots to do all our cutting for us.

Back