Survive! knives F1 (folder!)

Have they ever posted an actual picture of an actual folder, or just renderings?

Hey, so I bugged the admins to re-open the thread, for this reason only:

Millit just announced on IG that they'll be manufacturing the knife. Their statement:

We have always been a fan of being part of over the top, unique knives! Unique referring to quality and/ or innovation. Since the day @SurviveKnives moved to Boise, and integrated themselves into our shop, Guy talked about wanting to introduce a folding knife into their line. With our experience, and ability to make one, he began the journey of designing something simply exquisite. For months he scrutinized over ever detail, leaned on us and for our thoughts and abilities to help contribute to a truly incredible folding knife design. We said 2019 was gonna be big, and @SurviveKnives F1 folder is part of the badass lineup we have. We are way excited to be the manufacturer of this knife!!

I've never heard of Survive! before this thread, but Millit is world-class. If they're producing the knife it will surely be quality, right? Thoughts?

Last edited:
Just saw the Survive! Knives F1 on Instagram.
It is a folder they have been working on for a while. Looks like a interesting lock. Nice chamfered corners. And the blade shape of the GSO 2.7.
I am stoked!
What are your thoughts?
TulqviU.jpg

gA00A4g.jpg
Hi, Ruudr
Read through these threads before you consider spending your money with these guys.
https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/survive-knives.909/

They have been banned from this forum for a reason.

Personally, I don't care if it was the best knife ever made, I still wouldn't put any of my money in the hands of people that continually lie to their customers and took advantage of people who gave them chance after chance.

Per knarfeng's (admin) suggestion, let's please not continue to rehash "how crappy and worthless a company we all know Survive to be".

Per knarfeng's (admin) suggestion, let's please not continue to rehash "how crappy and worthless a company we all know Survive to be".

Maybe selling that folder will give em the cash infusion they've been needing to fulfill their outstanding orders. We shall see.

I'm sorry, but at this point you couldn't pay me to own a Sur5ve? Knife.

I wish them great success, so they can maybe start filling past orders. I know the company producing the folders to be a good one, so they will probably turn out nice.

It's a little small for my taste, but not bad -- 3.46 inch blade. S90V steel is good for edge retention, but not my favorite steel, either.

Otherwise, it's a ti frame lock. I'm not sure what the secondary lock adds. Well designed and made folders don't need that added complexity. If you need a secondary lock, I'd prefer a tougher steel.

Price? Who knows.

I've never heard of Survive! before this thread,

These two threads will tell you about the company. The first thread gives a list of complaint threads about the company's practices. The second thread is Spark's announcement that their BF forum has been closed by BF.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/survive-knives-forum-should-be-closed.1613828/
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/survive-knives-forum-now-closed.1601929/

So, with that out of the way, now you can talk about this folding knife.

I'd be hard pressed to throw any money at any product with their name on it. I just hope it doesn't drag Millit down.

The folder design intrigues me though. Some features on it look like the new Magpul folder.

So, with that out of the way, now you can talk about this folding knife.
Well, I added all I had to say about this knife (re: Millit) and the rest of the thread is continuing to go sideways. Thanks for indulging me.

It looks like a fixed-blade blade design on a pocket knife.
That doesn't interest me.

If I buy a fixed blade, it's for specific outdoors type cutting chores.
The chores that I use a folding knife for are not the same chores that I perform with a fixed blade. So I expect a different blade design on a folding knife. Not getting it with this one, so i have no interest in it, no matter who designed it and no matter who is making it.

So it is going to be another knife company making the knives for Survive?

I like the looks of survive fixed blade, but this - meh.... not great , not bad.

Where can we start a thread to bash survive ? It makes us feel better who have knives on order. I do have to say my 5.1 was a beautiful knife.

I like the looks of survive fixed blade, but this - meh.... not great , not bad.

Where can we start a thread to bash survive ? It makes us feel better who have knives on order. I do have to say my 5.1 was a beautiful knife.

You could likely revive one of the ones in the Good, Bad, and Ugly forum. I think there's several from which to choose.

If it's not delta 3v no thanks.

At least the lock won't fail like a zt.

Also had to post this from the knife nuts lul

mTQn7SW.png

Last edited:
If you want one just wait until their available first. Like most any production knife, when they're ready buy one. Never front out money for a product that isn't available. If they can't fund their product, why should we do it?

I noticed an ad the other day for some folder made in China and they wanted you to front them the money at a reduced price and deliver the knife on a promise. Heck with that!

I have to say that I like Survive? knives. Dont know why, I just like the looks, and I think they could be a good performing knives.
But the whole survive folding knife concept is kinda weird. No matter what, it will not be as strong or durable as a fixed blade. Yes, it is more compact as fixed blade with the same blade, but does it matter?

If I was in the market for a folding bushcrafter, which is an odd duck of a knife niche, I’d go with a battle horse tree frog.

BHK-Tree-Frog-Natural-BHQ-49461-jr-large.jpg

Back