SURVIVOR - Progress Thread

Hey Dan,
I have emailed you about 5 times over the last 2 months. I know your busy, but I am looking for a total on what is owed. I have the deposit in on the Survivor, and I have been waiting for my Bushcraft option 1 kit. Let me know what is going on, from what I read you have been shipping the Bushcraft 1 kits already. Thanks.

I'm still trying to put it all together...and with my Order Tracker being worked on...I need you guys to help me put multiple orders together.

Deposit on the Survivor was $75, $30 on the kit knives.

Final price on the Survivor is $195 + $15 s/h.

I still have a dozen or so kit knife blades I have not yet sent...just have not been able to sit down and figure it all out. I do plan on getting to them on Monday.

Dan

Hi Dan,
So, you mean you want me to put the two survivors on the same order now instead of two seperate ones? I'm just asking because we specifically broke up multiples into seperate orders several months ago.

Warren

no...2 separate orders is how it should be. :thumbup:

Dan

4 more Survivors ground out and glued up!!!

SurvivorUpdate1105-01.jpg

I'm going to get the first 15 done completely before I start shipping....just FYI.

Dan

The rest of the first 15 are now all glued-up. :thumbup:

Check it out!!

SurvivorUpdate1107-01.jpg

(first box)

SurvivorUpdate1107-02.jpg

(second box on top of the first)

I am a HAPPY GUY today!

Dan

Dan

Check it out!!
SurvivorUpdate1107-01.jpg

(first box)
SurvivorUpdate1107-02.jpg

(second box on top of the first)
I am a HAPPY GUY today!
Dan
Dan

Yeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaa .......... :D
I see mine in amongst those........ i just don't know which one's they shall be........... :D:D
Looking good Dan ............ :thumbup: :thumbup: ;)

#1/9 February 2008
LIST IS CLOSED!!
This thread is for checking progress only.

Expected delivery time is late-April / early-May !! :D

Thanks!!!

Dan

#45/16 May 2008
All the 45s are done....next is grinding the blades...and no way I'm doing that before the Blade Show.

But after Blade - I'll be ALL OVER IT.... :thumbup:

Dan

#50/17 June 2008
Thanks for your patience on these, guys!

We're looking at about 6-8 weeks after I get back from my Philmont trip (6/20-7/3). Need to grind the bevels up, send out for heat-treat and glue-up/finish.

Will be first priority when I get back. :thumbup:

Dan

#56/17 July 2008
UPDATE:
Blade-Grinding has begun!!!!
Dan

#58/25 July 2008
Here's a pic of the latest action with the Survivor...

All the knives have had "primary grinds" put on them - like the knife on the bottom.

16 of them have now been ground around half-way up - using the angled tool rest on my grinder.

As soon as they are all done, I'll move on to freehand flat grinding
Dan

#63/31 July 2008
Rather than finished them all at the same time...I am going to do 15 of these at a time.

I'd like to start the first 15 today/tomorrow and have them ready to send for heat-treat on Monday.
Dan

#72/1 August 2008
I ground out the first of these today..should be able to get the first 15 in the mail on Monday.

#74/1 August 2008
oops...misunderstanding there, bro...
the first 15 in the mail - to the heat-treat guy....
Dan

#79/14 August 2008
Here ya go...
Another view showing both crates.
In the above 2 crates the blades are roughly ground about halfway up.
So, I'm taking them up a little farther...like these:

These are ready for heat-treat....just need to make some time to get the first 15 out the door.
Dan

#88/26 August 2008
I got the first 15 done - all ground out. Just need to chamfer the holes and they're out the door to heat-treat tomorrow! :thumbup:
Dan

#92/27 August 2008
The package hit the mail today, guys! :thumbup:
Dan

#96/10 September 2008
Have a look guys....

The first 15 are back from heat-treat!

#98/10 September 2008
yes...going to get these glued up next week and in the meantime get the next 15 out the door! :thumbup:
Dan

#108/28 October 2008
The first 15 are getting handles cut out today.

I had to delay these because I was out of corby bolts and the supplier was not able to restock me until this week.

But the good news is that they are now in the rotation!

Dan

#112/29 October 2008
The handles are cut out, the holes drilled, the fronts and backs are ground to shape, tapered and finished.

I still need to finish the flats on the knives and take the grinds all the way to the top. But I'm waiting for belts to show up....from the same place as the corby pins.... *groan*.

#126/5 November 2008
4 more Survivors ground out and glued up!!!

#127/5 November 2008
I'm going to get the first 15 done completely before I start shipping....just FYI.
Dan

#128/7 November 2008
Dan
Dan,

Do you have a realistic target date you are shooting for on these sweet knives? :thumbup:

Thanks!
Chuck

Handles are being worked on today and will be sand-blasted tomorrow. Hope to have these done this week.

:thumbup:

Dan

Survivor handles are shaped and being blasted....next is going around the edges at 400 grit....sharpening, etching...final touches and then they're done!

I'll then jump on the next 15 and get them out for heat-treat.

Thanks!

Dan

Dan,

I was wondering, with the new system coming on-line around the first of the year when do you think the next batch will be ready for delivery?

Dunno, bro....

What I can say is that the first 15 are FINISHED!!! Just need to etch the logo and sharpen.

And I am grinding the next batch today. I'm going to send more than 15 this time...probably 30 or so. That way I'll have more heat-treated blades to work on when they get back.

Keep the faith, guys....!

This will be the biggest/best $195 handmade knife you can buy, period!

Jim Hall - the leather sheath showed up today! :eek: :eek:

Will post pics later...

Dan

Cool, Dan! I'll send you my balance as soon as the handles are going on. :thumbup:

Andy

Dunno, bro....

What I can say is that the first 15 are FINISHED!!! Just need to etch the logo and sharpen.

And I am grinding the next batch today. I'm going to send more than 15 this time...probably 30 or so. That way I'll have more heat-treated blades to work on when they get back.

Will post pics later...

Dan

Dunno, bro....

Will post pics later...

Dan

That is awesome Dan, I would love to see this one in the books! 30 more would get you more than halfway. :thumbup: I'm with you all the way on this one.

Back