Swamp Rat and Wombat

I offered that original baby wombat some oats, but it didn't want them. You know what kids are like with their food preferences :D. Plus it was still a bit suspicious of me, it might have been the whisky that did it.

The wallaby is around sometimes, but I more often see it hanging out behind my shed.

The only time I pet wild animals is 'vigorously' as I try and get them away from something, like the time I had to push a wombat off the road because it refused to get out of the way.

Never ever can be too careful !!!! I mean how are you going to flee an angry Bunyip if your truck is stuck !!

It looks like it's sizing you up. Hope you had your boxing gloves on. :eek:;)

Get anything?

I've been looking for Hogs around where I am, but the drought then the bushfires then 6 months worth of rain in 2 weeks has messed things up. No signs anywhere. I don't know where to find the hogs now.

I think I could have taken him and long as he didn't kick me in the nuts !!!

Didn't fire a shot all week (loved the time in the bush though). Saw a good number of deer but I didn't need the meat and LOTS of very fresh pig sign. Saw a number of hogs but all were too far off in the distance to take a run at. Property has leapt out of drought (the creeks were in flood a few weeks ago trapping a mate in the hut for a couple of days (he had lots of beer and a bottle of rum for company though). With spring rain on the cards next year is shaping up well.

Back