Swamp Rat Proudly Introduces The Free Rein Wakizashi . . .September 21, 2022 At 9:00 PM Eastern

Also i have to say this is my first resiprene c. And it wasn't at all what i was expecting. But i like it. I always thought res c would be hard but spongy type rubber. And thats definitely not at all what it feels like.
Other rec c is more rubbery/grippy/slightly spongier like on the alpha regulator, basic series etc.

The tnt15 and i assume free rein had a harder/more plasticy feeling version of res C

Also i have to say this is my first resiprene c. And it wasn't at all what i was expecting. But i like it. I always thought res c would be hard but spongy type rubber. And thats definitely not at all what it feels like.
The DT-12 has more of the classic Res-c feel. When the TnT-15 came out a few complained of the new, harder feel, Jerry had to explain that it was because of the longer blade. The Scrapizashi (Scrapyard Sword) was wrapped, because they hadn't figured out how to deal with the torque with classic Res-c.

The DT-12 has more of the classic Res-c feel. When the TnT-15 came out a few complained of the new, harder feel, Jerry had to explain that it was because of the longer blade. The Scrapizashi (Scrapyard Sword) was wrapped, because they hadn't figured out how to deal with the torque with classic Res-c.
For the record, I like them both. On my TnT-15, it was a pleasant surprise. It makes it feel and look better, IMO, than the smaller knives' Res C would on it. But on the smaller (up to the 13" on the Bolo), the feels more rubbery works great.

For the record, I like them both. On my TnT-15, it was a pleasant surprise. It makes it feel and look better, IMO, than the smaller knives' Res C would on it. But on the smaller (up to the 13" on the Bolo), the feels more rubbery works great.
Thats interesting to know it has 2 different feels to it. I think the handle feels great the way it is. The whole sword overall just feels nice and nimble in hand. It has just enough weight to actually feel like when you hit something it isn't going to tickle lol. But not so heavy that you would feel fatigued after using it as a brush sword in the yard or wherever. I can't wait till others start getting theirs to see what they think.

The size and proportions are different than what I imagined…I thought it would be more like the size of the waki. Bummer, I might not have passed on it if I had seen the video at first.

Last edited:
I have no idea how mine got here so fast, but my free rein just came via ups. And im in Canada. So thats darn fast considering i only got my notice like a day and a half ago. And shes a beauty 😍. I'd send a pic but i have no idea how to on here. It never works when i try.
Nice! I’m in Canada aswell but still waiting for the ding. Just curious did you pay full amount at the beginning or just the partial? Curious if people that paid full amount are getting shipped first? Lol just really excited to finally get it. Congrats on yours!!

The size and proportions are different than what I imagined…I thought it would be more like the size of the waki. Bummer, I might not have passed on it if I had seen the video at first.
Might be able to return it a return if you dont like it and its in the 5 day window since it wss delivered

No one seems to know they are back on the website and I do not see a post regarding this 😆

You were nearly an hour early.

You were nearly an hour early.

Email came out about the same time Anton posted.

Anybody have a ballp weight on these? Or compared to a rucki?
Should be very close to the TNT-15. Free Rein is a tad longer, but is also fullered.

Back