Swamp Rat Proudly Introduces The Free Rein Wakizashi . . .September 21, 2022 At 9:00 PM Eastern

Email came out about the same time Anton posted.

Should be very close to the TNT-15. Free Rein is a tad longer, but is also fullered.

The Free Rein is a full inch longer and nearly .090" wider at the center of the blade than the TNT-15.

Thanks to some masterful machining by Voodoo with the generous fuller and a bit thinner stock, the Free Rein comes in at approx. 2 1/2 ounces LIGHTER than the TNT-15!!!

I'm pretty sure that Voodoo is injecting helium into these blades as part of his proprietary heat-treat protocol ! ! !

Let's Drink!

Jerry

Thank you 👍🏽

interesting, a little lighter than my ZT Parabellum probably. I figure it feels like a chopper to some degree?
Love the Parabellum, hoping for a Bussekin recurve soon. A DT-12 Bolo edition would be sweet! Perfect balance!

Also let's see some Free Reign in the wild shots 🍺🍺🍺

We need a Swamp Rat type of DT-12, or at least with the handle. Call it The Dirty Rat.

Back on topic, where are the sword pics??

Last edited:
Thank you 👍🏽

interesting, a little lighter than my ZT Parabellum probably. I figure it feels like a chopper to some degree?
Yes it definitely feels like it could chop, even with it being rather nimble and light it has decent length so you can get good fast swings and its pretty dang sharp. I can shave hair with it.

Can anyone tell me how thick the blade is behind the edge?

Also, does anyone have any measurements of the handle? I’d like to know how wide and thick it is.

Back