Sword Picture Thread: This you can trust

[video=youtube;vOofKsny66o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOofKsny66o[/video]

This is a thread for posting pictures of swords.

All are welcome.

Comments are welcome.

Please post pictures if you have them. :thumbup::thumbup:

////////////////////////////////////////////

I'll start!!!:D

Here are some pictures of my only sword. It is an Albion squire line bastard sword.

20150720_154744_zpsvhv7rv4c.jpg

20150720_154628_zpsazodf5uj.jpg

20150720_154541_zpsh7dchxvm.jpg

Thanks for having a look!

Some of my dozens. I've lost track, as some have come and gone.

6hoj8m.jpg

There have been a few picture threads.

m2a9t.jpg

Aside from modern reproductions and American militaria, I have a few other ethnic blades.

cu9av.jpg

My first reproduction, A Windlass espada ropera (still love it, my first ever steel sword was a tourista jian back in the 1980s)

qpqyhj.jpg

The most recent an Ames 1840ish eagle pommel spadroon.

2vxetcp.jpg

That first Windlass sword lead to ATrims and Arms&Armor. A couple of Del Tins, one left.

Cheers

GC

I've collected axes as well ;)

An Ames WWII miltary ice axe

33dz9fa.jpg

post-70-1315160641.jpg

Not to forget a hammer

1zvzs0k.jpg

and spears

212am48.jpg

I've also collected old watches and clocks, radio gear and guitars. Hobbies are cool.

Last edited:
33dz9fa.jpg

Saw that exact same axe yesterday on a Flea Market. Same size, shape...found it very interesting. Any additional info on it? Thanks

Last edited:
I've added a photo of the 10th mountain division in Italy during the war.
http://www.alpenglow.org/ski-history/notes/book/burton-1971.html

There are a couple of European ice axes that are quite like these and the Ames axes quite scarce. They will be marked AMES on the spike cap. I have encountered a shorter version, also marked to Ames. They do turn up and a flea market buy may be quite affordable (even if vintage European).

The Collins Hudson Bay type camp axes also a good find. The military ones painted OD green and have a screw in the side of the eye to the haft.

Cheers

GC

Nothing fancy, just a back burner project that started with a Deepeeka.

Here's a few of mine.

Attachments

• sword 8.jpg
    sword 8.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 57
  • sword 6.jpg
    sword 6.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN0381.jpg
    DSCN0381.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCN0374.jpg
    DSCN0374.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Demon%20Slayer%20040.jpg
    Demon%20Slayer%20040.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 80
And a few more

Attachments

• DSCN0303 (2).jpg
    DSCN0303 (2).jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Filipino Sword 023.jpg
    Filipino Sword 023.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Filipino Sword 015.jpg
    Filipino Sword 015.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Bushcraft sword-KaBar 013.jpg
    Bushcraft sword-KaBar 013.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Short Sword 022.jpg
    Short Sword 022.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 84
Loving all these sword pictures. Wish I had my own collection...
I really want sabres, no reason, I think they look nice. Though they're usually for horseback and 1 handed.
Horse clover, awesome collection! I'd never piss you off!

I'm new to swords. What or who makes, manufactures the best swords on the market today, and not just for looks wall hanger battle ready?

1750ish Swedish

qwydqu.jpg

316ksnb.jpg

9pxk7o.jpg

I like to pair sabres with a spadroon

2z4l8w3.jpg

24vp1xk.jpg

Cheers

GC

PS

I like those JPH pieces I see above and the works of others.. So much of my horde has been posted up before.

An A&A Black Prince and German Bastard

2j0m63r.jpg

Another one off A&A with Duke of Urbino fittings and an Edward III blade

121psmv.jpg

A couple of Atrim and a Del Tin

v75wyb.jpg

A Conyer falchion and bastard swords

1zn62pk.jpg

I'm new to swords. What or who makes, manufactures the best swords on the market today, and not just for looks wall hanger battle ready?

There are lots of good swords out there (old and new). What genre and time line interests you? Modern design? Traditional? Western? Eastern? Other ethnic?

Cheers

GC

Use the search function and engage your brain for critical thinking.

There is no definitive answer to that question, even within a specific genre.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

A couple of 19th century non regulation swords.

Here is a straight blade with a Bavarian 1826 hilt influence. American market import marked to WH Horstmann. Likely early in his opening his NYC Maiden Lane store (he was based in Philadelphia). A favorite adoption of mine (I like most of what I own).

v5lfmp.jpg

A French private purchase sword, a precursor to the French 1882 infantry swords. Second Empire, Parisian cutler, Coulaux/Klingenthal blade. Another very comfy and lively thrusting fencible.

11lhjyq.jpg

I have collected many more images than swords. Some many hundreds of individual sword images and upwards of twenty thousand img files in dozens of bladed weapon file folders. I'd like to say I have as many associated books as swords and books (and articles), which are invaluable to my understanding of the makers and their swords. I truly most focus on a scant half century of American swords and will spend a lifetime. I try to budget at least one major book a year and I have a long way to go. Others likely collect and use them for much different reasons, whether swordsmanship or casual cutting, or just decoration. While I focus a lot for my sword interests, I try to be a bit more of a well rounded (not just my gut) renaissance man. Retired and no kids have let me dabble.

Cheers

GC

My bronze fitted Arms&Armor Black Prince went to a close friend (as have other items) and now sports a dandy blue grip. I get visitation rights and it may well come home once again. I had long held it up as my favorite and one I would never part with.

6fmnmo.jpg

My Glen Parell Conyer's falchion went to the same fellow in a trade. Here is the original, encased on display.

16272hv.jpg

Back