"Tactical" flashlights??

Hi all!

I hate to use the word because it has nothing to do with me but I am looking for a tactical flashlight. I would like it to be a medium size LED light, and maintain its width ratio (does not get bigger where the light comes out).

Im open for any suggestions so post up!

Thanks

You can't go wrong with the surefire line. just go to there web site and see what you like for the price you want to spend

That is exactly what I am looking for thanks!!

Only problem is that they are a bit pricey.

Try looking at the Fenix line of lights. Very nice lights and reasonably priced.

Nitecore EX10 I love this light and it is a good fit to the pocket. Way better performance than Surefire. Maybe a bit too complicated. . .

That is exactly what I am looking for thanks!!

Only problem is that they are a bit pricey.

The 6PL and G2L are two LED versions of the two mainstays in Surefire's lineup. Priced at $90 and $70 respectively, they are great for the money. :thumbup:

I bought a SureFire C2 Centurion with the incadescent bulb. Then, I ordered a Malkoff m60 led dropin. The Malkoff LEDs are much better than the SureFire units. Malkoff also makes some fine tactical flashlights.

There are many Chinese (People Republic) companies making tactical flashlights that have good performance, but are not as rugged as a SureFire, from what I've read.

There is also a Taiwanese company called LiteFlux. They make a nice product and, for me anyway, I feel better about buying from Taiwan than the Peoples Republic...if I'm not buying American.

I've also had very good luck with Streamlight and Pelican. I use a Streamlight Sidewinder every day and it's been great.

Anyone have any opinions on eGear? Just saw a pretty cheap one and Im curious about thier quality.

I am not just looking for cheap, but it is a plus lol.

Ooops, just saw the "width ratio" part. However, the Quarks are very easy to hold and manipulate in the hand. Hope this helps.

Gibby

Hey man those look great!!

I will probually end up with one or two of those.

Oh man, I am going to search for this one i saw a little while back, i would hate to get crowned with this one.

something like this with an impact crown. There is one whos brand I cannor remember is much more agressive.

Actually scratch the 4 sevens, I am not impressed with there warranty. I think I will pay more for surefire I think I saw they have a lifetime warranty.

Ditto the candlepowerforums.com link. Spend a lot of time reading through there and something will probably pop out at you. If you save up and go the rechargeable route, it'll save you more over time, as opposed to buying 123's. Also, in the CPF/Marketplace, you can find great deals sometimes. They'll link to dealers having sales, and sometimes people clean out their collections. I've been thinking of picking up something like the Streamlight Stinger. But look around and use Google. Most of the reviews on CPF will post reviews with beamshots, feel, etc etc. Hope you find something you like.

Go to ShiningBeam.com Bryan is a great guy and he'll hook you up with a light like you're looking for at a reasonable price. Just contact him the email and phone # is on the site.

Last edited:
+1 on the fenix. PD30 is a really good light if you dont mind buying the damn batteries for it. You can also go pd20, uses AAA but its not as powerful and it doesnt last as long.

+1 on the Fenix
i was a big user off Sure-fire lights untill i tried a Fenix.
the Fenix got more functions on it as a standard.
it is smaller and you can still mount it on a AR or a tac 7.62 rifle.

wookie

Olight m20 warrior R2 250 LUMENS strobe and other modes,at $94.00.I have a few fenix
Olight much better! look at Battery junction it's on there home page.
i'ts worth a look and you can use rechargeables that realy saves $$$$$.

RAT PACK #91

Back