Tacticlol Knives II: The Return of Ridiculous

Not sure if these are really that tactical but they're still atrocious.
GUx6fUL.jpg

Just..... why?
But one of them is obviously a Northwoods! Must be worth a fortune!

So my brother in-law carries these stupid knives that he gets in his "edc tatical battle boxes" and he loves them. In fact he has on several occasions proudly flipped open a hunk of junk and compared it to one of my spyderco or benchmade knives. Now, I am not a horrible human being who would crap on another persons choice of knife (because I know that there are alot of people who think I am Nuts for carrying $200 spydercos.) BUT he tests my courtesy every time he whips out a $5 special and proceeds to saw at some tape or cardboard in an attempt to tell me how this is all he needs. If he unsubscribed to his "tacticool battle box of total ninja navy seal awesomeness." for even 2 or 3 months he could most likely afford a decent knife like a PM 2 that would hold an edge and I would even sharpen for him! Maybe Im just not hard enough on him... But I dont like to come off as a knife snob...

So my brother in-law carries these stupid knives that he gets in his "edc tatical battle boxes" and he loves them. In fact he has on several occasions proudly flipped open a hunk of junk and compared it to one of my spyderco or benchmade knives. Now, I am not a horrible human being who would crap on another persons choice of knife (because I know that there are alot of people who think I am Nuts for carrying $200 spydercos.) BUT he tests my courtesy every time he whips out a $5 special and proceeds to saw at some tape or cardboard in an attempt to tell me how this is all he needs. If he unsubscribed to his "tacticool battle box of total ninja navy seal awesomeness." for even 2 or 3 months he could most likely afford a decent knife like a PM 2 that would hold an edge and I would even sharpen for him! Maybe Im just not hard enough on him... But I dont like to come off as a knife snob...
If you are serious about learning martial arts and the use of weapons , be concerned about your own skills , foremost .

The weapon only need be adequate to the task . Plenty of humans and critters have be killed by very humble , low quality blades / weapons .

Don't overestimate the importance of having the finest equipment . Skill , attitude and spirit are vastly more significant .

Jesus. How are they even trying to justify that?

Look, with a regular blade shape there's a lot of cutting and shaping and whatnot to do. The more advanced rectangle shape took tens of seconds to design.

Also, while many municipalities and states prohibit double-edged knives, calling them daggers, afaik there are no such laws prohibiting triple edge blades. It's all win . . .

I did get in a guilty pleasure tacti-cool knife recently. It is the microtech boba fett knife, the bounty hunter.

I do love it but I haven’t carried it yet. Good Halloween carry
The great thing about that one is you can beat the crap out of it then sell it as NIB...it's brilliant :D

Honorable mention, "non-tacticlol/other".

hwY7MZ0.jpg

For Rastafarian ninjas. The holes are to hold your spare joints.

I did get in a guilty pleasure tacti-cool knife recently. It is the microtech boba fett knife, the bounty hunter.

I do love it but I haven’t carried it yet. Good Halloween carry

As a Star Wars nut, I want the Sith one. Very cool of Microtech.

It's for all those times I've been out and about and unexpectedly need a chisel. Which is nearly as many times as I've needed the Jagdkommando.

"Honey, we better do as he says, he's got a chisel!"

Man, it reminds me of a quote from Brandon Sanderson's book Warbreaker.
"Sometimes our conversations remind me of a broken sword. Sharp as hell, but lacking a point."

Last edited:

The other $1,496.05 is the technology required to convert it from a fixed blade into an OTF. :D

Image search is my friend. I have no idea how big this picture is going to be. I'm not sure what the second set of handle slabs are for. Maybe to help insulate the sound made by hitting a sentry with the knuckle guard....?

Yjle4PM.jpg

I can't tell where the edge is let alone image how you cut anything with it.
This is totally a winner.

Back