Talk of a Wee blade, the story unfolds

Watching this one from the sidelines. Looking forward to see what comes of this. :cool: :thumbsup:

Blade Poll is Up

I'd suggest picking more than one.
We'll probably have to do another poll to narrow it down unless one style dominates.

Last edited:
A few inspirationals for Pinemoon Pinemoon and others

View attachment 1082051

and one for Mack - :cool:

View attachment 1082052

It will take me too long to decide on a blade shape - all 3 - D, W, S ( don't know what ZULU is) are useful. Leaning towards W or D.
A Zulu is between a spear point and a wharncliffe.
All get me 'cited. :thumbsup: :)

Ray
Very pretty :):thumbsup::)
Here's a Zulu blade pic. A bit uncommon.
https://agrussell.com/knife/A-G-Russell-Medium-Barlow-Lockback-smooth-white-bone--AGLB-CB23WB

Sorry that I won't vote for a bullnose Mack Mack Mack . I have one already. :cool:

BUT if John is potentially making 2 or 3 blade shapes - I hope you get your bullnose :thumbsup:

Thanks for the link Don Pinemoon Pinemoon . I had no idea about a ZULU. Doesn't blow my dress up ;)

Ray

Really? :confused: How about a bit more wind :)

View attachment 1082500

Would make a real nice skinner in the size we are discussing - admittedly, maybe not so practical as an EDC.
I really love the form :thumbsup:

Ray
As much as it's a fantastic skinner, it's also a nearly perfect sandwich knife/peanut butter spreader. Not many edc knives as practical.

As much as it's a fantastic skinner, it's also a nearly perfect sandwich knife/peanut butter spreader. Not many edc knives as practical.

The spine side of the Wharncliffe is the only knife edge that come anywhere near close to as good :thumbsup: :D

The after lick is a bit safer with the wharnie. ;)

Ray

Eliminating Spear, Wharncliffe, and Clip.

Round 2 of Blade type
Bullnose, Drop, Zulu

Remember this is going to be a MAX of 3" tip to guard.

Round 2 of the Poll for blade type is Live

Last edited:
Changed my mind - much to my surprise :eek:

Or, for another spin on the profile

I have other fixed blades that are more conventional drop points and spears and I pretty much always carry a folder even when wearing a sheath knife. This little bull will make a very useful knife and round out my knife carrying options. AND - as I have said repeatedly - I love the form. PLUS, it seems appropriate that cowbellers should be carrying bovine inspired knives, after all. :D AND - I eat peanut butter every day ;)

I'm with you Mack Mack Mack :thumbsup:

Ray

Last edited:
:eek: Yikes - John will either be building 3 shapes or will be the one to break the tie -

with an executive decision
. :rolleyes:

Ohhhh the pressure :confused:

Ray

I'll cast a tie breaker if need be, but it looks like Mack hasn't voted yet.

Would you call that a Bullzoo or a Zoonose?

Is everyone in agreement on stacked leather? Not sure we need a poll on that.

Next poll will be Nickel Silver or Bronze for the furniture.

Pinemoon Pinemoon - I hope this brand of democracy won't discourage you if a BULLNOSE is elected.:(
I was pretty excited that you might play with us. Just think - you would be the only kid in all of Cumberland County to own such a knife. :cool: AND - an exceptional knife it would be - without qualifiers. I think it could prove more useful than you think and it would mix up your collection a bit. ;)

This is your knife muse talking :D

Ray

Back