Question Tapatalk

A mobile ap would definitely be nice. I haven't really been on BF at all since Tapatalk stopped being supported and I usually spend quite a bit of time on the site everyday.

I agree. I'm only on when I'm at a PC now, just a few minutes a day.

First time on the site since TT was disabled. I'm limited to the few times a week I'm sitting at a computer with not much to do. Shame about the loss of TapaTalk as an option. I'm on multiple forums and the ability to access all of them from a central location on my phone (along with updated threads, etc.) was a nice feature.

Hopefully the BF management and TT can resolve whatever issues there are between them.

To my surprise, I was able to log back in using my 1999 account.

But I spend my time nowadays visiting multiple fora over at Tapatalk as its most convenient for mobile interaction, and even posting pics.

I'm afraid I'll only be able to visit BF through my laptop.

Oh, well.

Have the folks saying they can only visit Bladeforums from their computers tried from their phones? Or do they just assume that since Tapatalk is gone (and not coming back) that the phone experience would be unusable?

Last edited:
Have the folks saying they can only visit Bladeforums from their computers tried from their phones? Or do they just assume that since Tapatalk is gone (and not coming back) that the phone experience would be unusable?

The new site on mobile works fantastic, IMO.

It's a matter of convenience for them, which is fine.

In fairness, I tried using Chrome mobile to view the site, and I was able to do so. But then again inputting into a browser and then attaching pic thru imgur feels more cumbersome, than going to Tapatalk where it's so convenient to check the various online fora out there.

I understand the decision to ditch Tapatalk from an admin/owners' perspectives, though. And it's good to know that loyal and paying members will stick by. But recruiting new and younger members who use mobile primarily might prove more challenging?

To me, it's about the experience. Tapatalk is an app and behaves like an app. It's optimized for the mobile platform, made for fingers (not a mouse), has a better UI, etc. The new BladeForums site is a *site* and you access it with the browser. It's just a different experience.

I'd liken it to using Facebook or G-mail on your phone. Yeah, you can visit Facebook or G-mail on your phone with the mobile browser, but practically everyone prefers to use the apps instead because they're a lot better. On my PC, I prefer to access Facebook and G-mail (and BladeForums) via the browser. It's more about picking the right platform experience. On phones and tablets, specialized apps are better than using the web browser to get to the same content.

Also, I'd like to add that the mobile site doesn't work on my phone. As soon as I click (in the browser) on a sub-forum, the phone tries to launch Tapatalk and then Tapatalk exits out and leaves me back at the home page where I started. So, at the moment, I can't browse on my phone if I wanted to.

I'm not uninstalling Tapatalk because I use it for several other forums that I participate in.

Also, I'd like to add that the mobile site doesn't work on my phone. As soon as I click (in the browser) on a sub-forum, the phone tries to launch Tapatalk and then Tapatalk exits out and leaves me back at the home page where I started. So, at the moment, I can't browse on my phone if I wanted to.
Wait, what? Tapatalk isn't even installed on the forums, it shouldn't be hijacking your phone browser.

I'm not uninstalling Tapatalk because I use it for several other forums that I participate in.

Wait, what? Tapatalk isn't even installed on the forums, it shouldn't be hijacking your phone browser.

It did that to mine also. Android phone and tablet. I uninstalled Tapatalk.

It did that to mine also. Android phone and tablet. I uninstalled Tapatalk.

Maybe you guys need to clear your browsing history/cache/cookies? I have yet to have it redirect me to Tapatalk and I still have Tapatalk installed on my phone (even though I never use it because I tried it once for BF a year ago and hated the interface).

The mobile-friendly adaptive website is quite easy to use on a mobile phone, coming from someone who used the old BF desktop on their phone too and tried Tapatalk as well, of those 3 the new forum's adaptive setup is a lot better and I'm already so used to it I'd never want to go back to the old ways.

I think what happens is that the browser goes to the site, sees that it's a forum, and reloads it in Tapatalk because Tapatalk is the default application for forums. Since BladeForums isn't allowed on Tapatalk (or vice versa), Tapatalk exits out, leaving you back on the home page with your browser.

The solution would be appear to be either uninstalling Tapatalk, or somehow telling it not to be the default application for forums that you visit in the browser; though I'm not sure how to configure that.

I'm keeping TT on my phone because I use it for many other forums. I haven't looked into seeing if it would NOT be the default app for forums visited via a browser. I'm not even sure if I would want that to be the default option for TT.

Tapatalk shouldn't be hijacking your browser period. TT looks for a plugin directory on a host site and goes from there, so I'm going to have to do further research since the plugin isn't installed

Happens to me as well when I browse through BladeForums on mobile Chrome, and when I click on a subforum, it redirects me to TapaTalk but then nothing happens and I'm back into this mobile site.

Weird.

q7iVNu5.png

Here's a screenshot

Last edited:
Back