TechStudio K01 Profile Sharpening System

We received our tracking numbers this morning! The long wait will soon be over and we will have many happy customers. Thank you all for your patience. I expect orders will be shipped out from S.T.A.T.E.S. starting Wednesday of next week.

George

Latest update on shipment: UPS tracking shows they will arrive at S.T.A.T.E.S. tomorrow, Wednesday, afternoon. Shipments will begin Thursday.

George

50 kits and assorted accessories arrived this morning. First shipments out begin this afternoon.

The wait is really over for some patient people. :)
George

PS Since we didn't charge during the wait and some are not paying their invoices promptly, stay tuned for opportunities. [FWIW S.T.A.T.E.S. already paid the factory]

In a prior email you stated to me that payment authorization expired March 9 and you would send an invoice. I have not seen an invoice to date.

In a prior email you stated to me that payment authorization expired March 9 and you would send an invoice. I have not seen an invoice to date.
Hi JJ,
I also go your email. Please be a little patient as I have to send out 50 invoices; each one takes about 10 minutes to fill out and make sure the information is complete. It is often complicated because people have added accessories to their original order. I'm also trying to ship to those people who pay their invoices rather than send out more invoices. So then print labels, open crate make sure nothing damaged, seal crate, apply label, carry to truck, drive to UPS drop off … rinse and repeat. LOL.

Thanks to you and everyone. :)
George

Edited: For info, some have been waiting since October and those go out first.

Last edited:
22% of the kits went out yesterday. We are making progress. Thanks to those who are promptly paying invoices.

George

It looks like George is doing a fantastic job of getting them out. I placed my order in March and got notice yesterday that it had been dropped off at UPS, that's taking care of 6 months worth or orders, possibly more so far.

Almost all the kits have been shipped. The last customers to get some will have only waited one month since placing their order. There is hope.

George

NEW OFFERING ! K02 LE (Light Edition) Extended Version You asked, we delivered. We are pleased to present a new, lower cost, quickly available knife sharpener kit. First time showing in the US will be at the Blade Show in Atlanta, Ga June 1 - 3 in the Tech Studio Profil booth. S.T.A.T.E.S. will be selling these kits there in the booth.

Based on the tried and true K02 Wranglerstar kit that so many of you know and love, but are tired of waiting months to get, we offer you the K02 Light Edition or K02 LE. Place your orders quickly, because we can ship up to 50 units starting 4 June. Visit our site to learn more. We think this is a winner!

NOTE: We have the K02 LE Standard Version in stock. 3 stones and no digital gage. We're trying to get the two stones and the digital gages quickly. That will make them Extended Version.

Here's a picture:
TSProfil K02 LE (Light Edition).jpg

Last edited:
Come visit us in the TSProf Booth #2314 at the Blade Show in Atlanta, GA this coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We will have the new K02 LE (Light Edition) for viewing and for sale at the show. No waiting, take one home with you!

George

Come visit us in the TSProf Booth #2314 at the Blade Show in Atlanta, GA this coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We will have the new K02 LE (Light Edition) for viewing and for sale at the show. No waiting, take one home with you!

George
So excited to play with mine (hopefully this weekend) when would you expect the base to be available?

NEW OFFERING ! K02 LE (Light Edition) You asked, we delivered. We are pleased to present a new, lower cost, quickly available knife sharpener kit. First time showing in the US will be at the Blade Show in Atlanta, Ga June 1 - 3 in the Tech Studio Profil booth. S.T.A.T.E.S. will be selling these kits there in the booth.

Based on the tried and true K02 Wranglerstar kit that so many of you know and love, but are tired of waiting months to get, we offer you the K02 Light Edition or K02 LE. Place your orders quickly, because we can ship up to 50 units starting 4 June. Visit our site to learn more. We think this is a winner!

Here's a picture:
View attachment 912283

George

What's the price of the new KO2 LE ?
Do you have a picture of the upcoming KO3 and the new improvements ?
If I ordered the KO2, would it have the rack and pinion adjustment, would love to have that feature ?

Sam

The rack and pinion is 100 bucks more if you order it from Tsprof's site and if I remember correctly it is the same amount to add that feature if purchased from STATES,if you want my honest opinion and I have 2 K02's one with the rack and pinion and the other without there is no time saving advantage and the rack and pinion is not as smooth as you think it would be.When you use the K02 you are making the big adjustment with the knob at the back and pull the lifting up or down until you get it close with the angle cube then from there on you use the other adjuster on the lifting unit near the top head to dial in your angle and each time you change a stone you need to re-check the angle because coarser grit stones wear faster then finer grit stones and you will use the fine angle adjuster to make a change if needed.

Unless you are going to use stones of different size's that vary a great deal in thickness that is the only time you need to worry about using the back knob to make adjustment's,if you ask me an extra 100 for a rack and pinion lifting unit is not worth it when in most case's you are only going to use it once each time you sharpen a knife.

I took the wooden crate mine came in and fixed it up today. The sides and ends were held together with some little steel angle brackets and tiny wood screws which are simply not sufficient to hold. I took it completely apart, and drilled the little wood screw holes out, all the way through then installed some 8-32 t nuts from the outside and replaced the angle brackets with some 1/2" flat head 8-32 screws. The only way it's coming apart now is if I run over it.

I like the looks of that crate for the K02 lite, and wish this K03 had come packaged like that.

What's the price of the new KO2 LE ?
Do you have a picture of the upcoming KO3 and the new improvements ?
If I ordered the KO2, would it have the rack and pinion adjustment, would love to have that feature ?

Sam
Hi Sam,
Sorry, I've been getting ready for the show and didn't see your question until now. The MSRP is $489, but we are selling it for $455. The TSProf website shows the price as $409 but this is before shipping from Russia which is an additional $80. As always, we don't charge until we ship to you, while the factory takes the funds immediately.
George

So excited to play with mine (hopefully this weekend) when would you expect the base to be available?
The bases will come with the next bulk shipment. My guess would be mid-July, but again, that's a guess.
George

Back