TechStudio K01 Profile Sharpening System

Yes I did, I got rid of of my KO2 and bought a Wicked Edge pro Pack III and have not looked back. Perfect polished bevels every time with a clamping system that actually works with a FFG knife.

And a company that actually has customer support. I asked Paul for a replacement clamp and he sent me a link on how to adjust the clamp which I had already done and did not work. In all fairness this was prior to the US distributors. Do your self a favor and get rid of it and move on.

Hello, here the video where you can see how to calibrate clamps on our sharpener: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KLjkN9ppcU0Bg_lC4h1oIg5NGP6DvuNU/view

As you can see there is no big deal, and after all this manipulations you will enjoy your perfect and exact on the same sides angle!
Have a nice day!

Paul, Thanks for making my point about customer service. As soon as I learn Russian that video will be a big help. I had all that and still got terrible uneven bevels.
There was nothing "perfect and exact" about the bevels I was getting. POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED ABOUT PRODUCT AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

trailhunter may have set the clamp upright Bladegunner and that's why he's having problem's,I have a bunch of different clamp's for my K02 and I have used them all many times and I do not have any problems with them either and it's not just luck on my part it was taking them the time to understand how to set it up and also set it up right.

I also know of people who have contacted me complaining about their K02 and part of he problem was they were using a cheap angle cube and I must admit for the most part even the ones from china work great and are repeatable every time I have gotten enough angle cubes over the year's and I know that sometimes you will get a cube that does not repeat the same reading every time and take it off and put it back the same surface without changing anything.

I have found the Wixey angles cubes to be the best and they can take 3 to 4 seconds after making an adjustment on the K02 to read tenth's of degree's but the result's are always the same,and he problem is if you set up a machine with angle cube that does not always work right how can a person expect the machine to work right.

Also I own mostly Spyderco knives and I do not have a single problem clamping them into the K02's clamp's I just the double clamp's and only use one with reinforced spring's.

I don't hate the Wicked edge but at the same time it has it's limit's and problems to for example they just released a model that let's grit into the clamping system and you need to was it out all the time why didn't they release it with a rubber boot to stop grit from getting in there,also stone select is not as good and another problem is they also made a system that had a clamping system that did not work so great and they re-did the clamp and offered it on newer model's and also as option for people with the problematic clamp here's what I can't understand you say their customer support is so great why did they charge people to replace a clamp that did not work right in the first in place and the funny art is some Wicked Edge systems cost a lot more then the K02,can you tell me when the Wicked Edge is going to let me sharpen Japanese chef knives at 10 degree's per-side.

Do you see the point's I'm getting at both system's have their problem's for example any guided system but the Wicked Edge does not create even bevel's unless you use a table and move the knife but at the same time if you buy a Wicked Edge they are going to expect you to pay to upgrade to clamp for your sharpener that should have worked right day one you can not sharpen at low angles and you can not get every stone you want for the Wicked Edge there are always trade off's.

I also know people who buy stuff like a K02 that has a spot's to set up on it and you need to make sure it's done right and at the same time these people will buy one and if you were to ask them to pass you a sqaure head screw driver they wouldn't be able to figure it out or even easier one I know people if you ask them to hand you a pack of Hex wrench's sitting in front of them with some screw drivers siting in with them would never be able to to stop and think oh wait it must be the ones that have 6 sides just like a Hexagon.

Wade, I only had one wicked edge clamp and it was the newer version so i can't speak to your point on faulty clamps.
I know lots of people love there KO2's and have no problems I am pretty well mechanically inclined and I did have a good angle cube. Perhaps I was setting it up wrong? I hope that's the case and it was just me. Your points are well taken.

Don't get me wrong I think the Wicked Edge is a good system and I'd be inclined to buy one if you could buy the stone holders for cheap and I know you can buy them but it's also the angle problem I don't know if you could do 15 degree's per-side on pocket knives and that's the angle I use the most for my stuff.

I think the biggest problem with Tsprof right now is they don't have part number's for certain anything,for example if you want to purchase replacement bearing that are in the turret they should be telling you either the size or have an exploded view with a part number them and also say whether or not the washer's are included because the biggest problem is at Tsprof they screw up the order because thing's get lost in translation and they just guess at what you want an you end up getting the wrong part.

What clamp's were using and on what knife that was a full flat grind that would not hold properly.

I know one of the biggest thing's people miss when setting up the K02 is that they don't understand that the central shaft is mounted on angle and it's the same angle as the flat area behind the detent you use to flip the blade over,and when people have caught it when they read the manual and see that you need to put the angle on the back side and have the screen facing you and going left and right and zero it but what they miss is for another step that you need to put the angle cube on the back side with the screen going from front to back and zero and what they do is put it on with the screen facing the same way they had it the first time.

Paul, Thanks for making my point about customer service. As soon as I learn Russian that video will be a big help. I had all that and still got terrible uneven bevels.
There was nothing "perfect and exact" about the bevels I was getting. POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED ABOUT PRODUCT AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

Yeah, if you had a little bit more patience in tuning the kit you would’ve loved it. Below is the email I received from one of our clients that I’d like to share.

“Hello Ivan, cliff here;

I have not capitalized this tool but I know that my grand daughter could.

I have tested it on all blades of friends and family.

I have sharpened machetes and bola knives. Kurikas and Randalls.

22 inch curved butcher blades.

12 inch x 2 inch draw knife.

the 2" razor blade that is in your linoleum knife is dull until it goes through this jig.

I like tools that are unique.

I had this tool in my mind (except for that 180 degree spin) long ago when I first worked a Lansky.

Lots of folk that I offer to sharpen a knife for them, they bring more knives to sharpen.

I do not charge.

I do not sharpen trash steel.

I have diamond stones that I bought from American sources that I have used to great advantage as to the taking of the rusted WWII Kabar combat knife down to a razor's profile before bringing the soft stones that are available through your site.

Maintenance of the edge requires an owners hand.

I truly love this tool”

I think if you give it another try you will absolutely love it, and because the kit is made of the finest steel it makes it durable to last you a lifetime, something to pass on on to your kids and grand kids. I have a tool that was left to me by my grandpa, it was made in the 40’ and it’s useless now compared to modern tools but I love using it anyways, somehow I feel connected to my grandpa who is long time gone.

Last edited:
Yeah, if you had a little bit more patience in tuning the kit you would’ve loved it. Below is the email I received from one of our clients that I’d like to share.

“Hello Ivan, cliff here;

I have not capitalized this tool but I know that my grand daughter could.

I have tested it on all blades of friends and family.

I have sharpened machetes and bola knives. Kurikas and Randalls.

22 inch curved butcher blades.

12 inch x 2 inch draw knife.

the 2" razor blade that is in your linoleum knife is dull until it goes through this jig.

I like tools that are unique.

I had this tool in my mind (except for that 180 degree spin) long ago when I first worked a Lansky.

Lots of folk that I offer to sharpen a knife for them, they bring more knives to sharpen.

I do not charge.

I do not sharpen trash steel.

I have diamond stones that I bought from American sources that I have used to great advantage as to the taking of the rusted WWII Kabar combat knife down to a razor's profile before bringing the soft stones that are available through your site.

Maintenance of the edge requires an owners hand.

I truly love this tool”

I think if you give it another try you will absolutely love it, and because the kit is made of the finest steel it makes durable to last a lifetime, something to pass on on to your kids and grand kids. I have a toll that was left to me from my grandpa, it was made in the 40’ and it’s useless compared to modern tools but I live to use it anyways, somehow I feel connected to my grandpa who is long time gone.

Profile,
I understand you have a vested financial interest in this sharpener selling. Exactly how would you know how much or how little time I spent tuning the kit, can you tell me exactly how long it takes? I really don't think I should be tuning the kit it should be plug and play ready to go out of the box other than mounting the components together. I am sure lots of people love them and I am also sure there are some that don't. I am only relating my personal experience and as I said in my post this was before you and States were dealers. I am relating the lack of service and my unsatisfactory results with the sharpener. Maybe I had a defective unit, maybe I set it up wrong. We will never know due to Paul's lack of customer support. I don't call sending a youtube link in Russian support. I have the duty and right to warn potential customers on this forum of my experience the same as you do to share the warm and fuzzy success story's.

Gentlemen, since this is not a sales thread nor part of the exchange area of the site, let's keep it friendly and stay on topic with discussion of the product, its good points and its weaknesses without anyone being called out or disrespected.

Thanks...we can all learn something this way and the thread can go forward without interruption.

Profile,
I understand you have a vested financial interest in this sharpener selling. Exactly how would you know how much or how little time I spent tuning the kit, can you tell me exactly how long it takes? I really don't think I should be tuning the kit it should be plug and play ready to go out of the box other than mounting the components together. I am sure lots of people love them and I am also sure there are some that don't. I am only relating my personal experience and as I said in my post this was before you and States were dealers. I am relating the lack of service and my unsatisfactory results with the sharpener. Maybe I had a defective unit, maybe I set it up wrong. We will never know due to Paul's lack of customer support. I don't call sending a youtube link in Russian support. I have the duty and right to warn potential customers on this forum of my experience the same as you do to share the warm and fuzzy success story's.

Sorry you didn’t have the same warm and fuzzy experience with the Profile made by the TSPROF. Of course there’s no way for me to know exactly how long it took you to get the hold of the TSPROF but their response time improved since then. Keep in mind TSPROF is not a giant company that mass produces their product for general public, most people who purchase their kit are professionals and people who love to work with the unique and precise tools and the TSPROF is offering just that. I agree that some kits are plug and play if some of their components are made of plastic, they cannot be calibrated and must be exchanged or returned but that’s not the case with the TSPROF knife sharpening kit.

Last edited:
Gentlemen, since this is not a sales thread nor part of the exchange area of the site, let's keep it friendly and stay on topic with discussion of the product, its good points and its weaknesses without anyone being called out or disrespected.

Thanks...we can all learn something this way and the thread can go forward without interruption.

I absolutely agree with you, my apologies if my comment sounded other than in professional manner.

I don't think I have been disrespectful, I have just posted my experience with this sharpener.

Now with two US based dealers I am sure the service and support will improve. I only wish that were the case when I had my unit. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise as I ended up with IMHO the best sharpener out there the Wicked Edge PP III.

Being shipped from the other side of the world, I would be surprised if my sharpener did not need to be tuned or calibrated. Mine was close, but needed a bit of tuning to get it to the level of precision I desired. It took me about 30-45 minutes to calibrate it, and I was taking my time and not rushing.
The only problem I had was a several month wait to get it from Russia, but I was told there would be a wait similar to what it had. I have no regrets other than I did not order all the accessories I wanted when I ordered the sharpener kit. Shipping from Russia is not cheap.
I do agree that spare and replacement parts being easily obtained would be very helpful and desirable. Part numbers would solve issues with different revisions of the sharpener using slightly different parts that are not cross compatible.

Being shipped from the other side of the world, I would be surprised if my sharpener did not need to be tuned or calibrated. Mine was close, but needed a bit of tuning to get it to the level of precision I desired. It took me about 30-45 minutes to calibrate it, and I was taking my time and not rushing.
The only problem I had was a several month wait to get it from Russia, but I was told there would be a wait similar to what it had. I have no regrets other than I did not order all the accessories I wanted when I ordered the sharpener kit. Shipping from Russia is not cheap.
I do agree that spare and replacement parts being easily obtained would be very helpful and desirable. Part numbers would solve issues with different revisions of the sharpener using slightly different parts that are not cross compatible.

We made that suggestion to the TSPROF and they are working on it. I agree, it will make a whole lot easier ordering additional parts and from the servicing point of view it makes sense. Hopefully they will implement and execute that very soon.

That's what my point was to they need to use part number's for each part although I did not mention about changing the number for part's that are cross compatible I was thinking along the same train of thought.

The sharpener does not come calibrated in any way shape or form when you order it that's left up to you and I can see why,I have 2 angle cubes I purchased from ebay that work ok and both read 3 tenth of a degree out from each other,I now use Wixey angle cubes with the flip up screen and I have 2 of them and both of them read 1 tenth out from each other and I know most times if someone has 2 they both read the same everytime.

Just to let everyone know, we have a pallet of TSProf sharpeners and accessories coming via UPS freight. It left Maryland two hours ago. Prior orders should start shipping out from us on Wednesday or Thursday. Thanks for your patience.

George

I'm glad the Tsprof is not plug and play because here's the problem with a guided system that's designed by Tsprof what if when they set it up at the factory their angle cube was not calibrated properly or was not working properly and then you'd have a real mess on your hands.

I understand the clamp's for people are a pain to set up but I also find because they use the spring's with the fixing unit's it allow's the clamp's to hold a Spyderco knife better then any other system I have used,but at the same time it also becomes a problem for some people to set up,I'm not saying you set your's wrong it very well could have been that you got a bad.

I can see the down falls of this just as much as any other system but the reason I like the Tsprof is because I can sharpen Knives broad heads planer blades scissors ax's and other stuff with it and it offers me the most the most flexibility of any system out on the market.I honestly say its to bad you had problems with yours because I think if yours could have been dialed in you have really enjoyed it.

Profile,

Do any of the US retailers stock accessories? I'm kicking myself for not getting a couple of things and now they've changed the mounting arm, so the attachments are different.

Sorry if this has been asked, but i can't find any. Does anyone have pictures of how to best clamp in a double edged knife?

Back