1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Thanksgiving Day Pocketknives-Yours?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by joeradza, Nov 25, 2020.

1. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Stay at home or by chance able to go out, what will be in your pocket? I’ve narrowed it down (hahaha) to fancy, inexpensive, or a combination. D318DFA2-1009-4243-9CF8-5743BEAB016D.jpeg 64A81B7B-1EF2-45C9-91EA-881CCE86858E.jpeg AD8D0C4A-970A-4A53-BADC-004E59D5F370.jpeg

2. Chui

Chui Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2012
    - if I may join you in spirit, Alan...........a recently acquired Congress pattern from Solingen

(forgive poor pics, taken by light of the screen alone before I hit the sack)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. afishhunter

afishhunter Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Based on the "quality" (note quotes) of the cooking lately, in all likelihood ... or at least a vast majority of the likelihoods ... the fowl or turkey will be ... ummm ..." somewhat" ... "over-cooked", and almost as "tender" and as easy to cut (and chew) as a ingot of forged 6-3 Titanium.

Therefore, I'm switching from Schrade 1095 and "Schrade+" stainless, to D2 and S30V. :) (... may as well switch now ...)

August, 2020 Brass, S30V, and Ebony Buck Web Special 110, on my belt, and a Marbles MR431 D2 series Sowbelly stockman, in my pocket.

I'll have my faux/reproduction Cold War Era West German Bundeswehr GAK on a hook by my desk, in the event I need a saw for the fowl bird, or the yams or mashed taters, and/or a spear point for the green beans or Asparagus, depending on which they decide upon.

It seems possessing "cooking skills" is not a job requirement, for the staffette working the shifts that cooking occurs.

WIN_20201125_150625.JPG
    WIN_20201125_152524.JPG

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  4. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    @Chui @afishhunter Wishing you both a wonderful holiday. Paul it looks like your package is due soon.
    Fish, sounds like you need a full scale tenderizer solution.

Chui and afishhunter like this.
  5. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    How could you NOT DO the top 2 my friend ???? Those knives were made to be carried every day . Be Safe and have a great Thanksgiving my friend .

Harry

6. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    We are going out- knife is still TBD but I am leaning towards my ironwood Albers.

Jody744 likes this.
  7. Old Engineer

Nov 30, 2014
    On the very positive side : That would indicate that your meal will Last A Long Time .

Harry

8. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    My BF knife should be here tomorrow or Friday :thumbsup:
    Most definitely it will be the one in my pockets as I join our US friends this thanksgiving !

Wild Willie likes this.
  9. Old Engineer

Nov 30, 2014
    Since I was happy to see a run of some Trapper patterns this year , I will carry the Mesquite 23 and the Ironwood 74 tomorrow .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harry

Pt-Luso, veitsi_poika, BP_ and 20 others like this.
  10. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    @Old Engineer
    Happy Thanksgiving Harry,. The clip point is a definite user. The teardrop means so much to me that it gets carried safely but used for nothing more than an easy pencil sharpening. Tomorrow is a multi knife day.

Wild Willie, guy g and Old Engineer like this.
  11. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    Excellent choice. I didn't post my stag 74 but that's an option too.

Old Engineer likes this.
  12. Catdaddy2

Catdaddy2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2019
    [​IMG]
    Reminds me of mashed potatoes.

peanutsxx, veitsi_poika, BP_ and 16 others like this.
  13. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    My all time favorite pattern by John

Catdaddy2 likes this.
  14. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    74 Mustang will be on Thanksgiving duty tomorrow and Christmas light duty. I’ll post pictures tomorrow! Happy thanksgiving everyone![​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    peanutsxx, veitsi_poika, BP_ and 17 others like this.
  15. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    The 1st Thanksgiving was celebrated by Wampanoag (Native Americans) and Pilgrims (recently arrived Europeans) and was followed by 50 years of peace so this might be a suitable combo for the occasion. They seem to compliment each other well. :)
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, veitsi_poika, BP_ and 16 others like this.
  16. Wild Willie

Wild Willie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I've been struggling to decide what to drop in my pocket tomorrow, going down to my parents for dinner. 1606353160005763908318.jpg

The Douk Douk is my daily driver, I feel kind of weird without it in my pocket. I haven't really taken the BF2020 knife for a spin yet, so it's in the running, but I also really like my Schatt and Morgan gunstock, the mother of pearl shield definitely brings a touch of class to the occasion.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

17. afishhunter

afishhunter Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Easy "Solution": Carry all three. :D

18. joeradza

Feb 6, 2014
    Of course.

Wild Willie likes this.
  19. Wild Willie

Wild Willie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I put it to a vote, my girlfriend and daughter both chose the gunstock, my son incidentally chose the carry everything approach... Looks like I'll have the S&M tomorrow, and the viper swayback will be waiting a bit longer. Can't argue with the ladies in the house. :p Especially my daughter... She thinks she runs the show now that we're toilet training.

guy g, willard0341 and joeradza like this.
  20. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Laguiole Honoré Durand.
    (Will use a Buck 121 to carve the turkey, though.)
    Happy Thanksgiving!