Thanksgiving Day Pocketknives-Yours?

I’ve got a cousin who is a collector that will be wanting to swap me out of my stockman.
It IS a very desirable stockman! :thumbsup:;):thumbsup:

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)
Nothing special for Thanksgiving for me, knife-wise. I'm carrying the 14 knives assigned to me on Monday by my weekly rotation schedule:
Black Pioneer, Vic Explorer, Marbles sowbelly stockman, 34OT, Buck wood canoe, Case amber jigged bone canoe, Boker electrician, Taramundi, LF&C pen knife, Sabre trapper, Belknap Blue Grass Barlow, Case mini copperhead, RR stag medium stockman, A Wright & Son stag lambsfoot senator.

I'm thankful for all of them for various reasons: 6 are gifts from BF members, one is a souvenir of a once-in-a-lifetime trip, 2 are iconic examples of my favorite pattern (canoe), and so on. Perhaps these two are the ones from this week's carries that I think are the best-looking:
minicop.mark.closed.jpg

stagmed.pile.closed.jpg

- GT

These two slicers are what I picked for this years Thanksgiving Day carries. The Le Thiers Chambriard was a gift from Will @Will Power. :cool: With it's Swedish Stainless blade it is quite handy in the kitchen! :thumbsup: Happy Thanksgiving to y'all. :D

50355544971_298e271d49_o.jpg

Based on the "quality" (note quotes) of the cooking lately, in all likelihood ... or at least a vast majority of the likelihoods ... the fowl or turkey will be ... ummm ..." somewhat" ... "over-cooked", and almost as "tender" and as easy to cut (and chew) as a ingot of forged 6-3 Titanium.

Therefore, I'm switching from Schrade 1095 and "Schrade+" stainless, to D2 and S30V. :) (... may as well switch now ...)

August, 2020 Brass, S30V, and Ebony Buck Web Special 110, on my belt, and a Marbles MR431 D2 series Sowbelly stockman, in my pocket.

I'll have my faux/reproduction Cold War Era West German Bundeswehr GAK on a hook by my desk, in the event I need a saw for the fowl bird, or the yams or mashed taters, and/or a spear point for the green beans or Asparagus, depending on which they decide upon.

It seems possessing "cooking skills" is not a job requirement, for the staffette working the shifts that cooking occurs.

View attachment 1462216
View attachment 1462217
You need to carry one of those little electric chainsaws for tree trimming, then you'd be set lol

This’ll do it today. Little Queen pen knife in D2, and a custom 4.5” in 5160 with a gorgeous piece of ironwood for the handle. A 110 of some variation will be in my back pocket when I leave, and a Buck will do the carving today. Happy Thanksgiving all :):thumbsup:

D1C0174A-5547-4C2C-A8B1-44BC481F98DB.jpeg

HAPPY THANKSGIVING fellow porch members:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Many great cutlery choices shown of late. No real need for a long bladed slicer today, due to picking up six Turkey meals to support our local restaurant, so one of my favorite "pocket jewelry" pieces today;) my 2015 Farmers Jack of Lyles:thumbsup: I give thanks for this child's design;););) inside joke on a Turkeys post.
tzJSC6.jpg

Drxi8R.jpg

Last edited:
Back