That Endura

speaking of....wheres Rolf at? hasnt been on bladeforums for awhile

endura is one of my favorites. only thing i dont care for on the modern versions is the tip down point...i know why its thay way....i just like sharp points. also the handle grip setup. first part is two big for my one finger, but too small for 2 fingers. minor issue and never made it hard to use, just nitpicking that likely doesn't apply to anyone else besides my hands.

endura is one of my favorites. only thing i dont care for on the modern versions is the tip down point...i know why its thay way....i just like sharp points. also the handle grip setup. first part is two big for my one finger, but too small for 2 fingers. minor issue and never made it hard to use, just nitpicking that likely doesn't apply to anyone else besides my hands.

There are other people that feel the same, but it seems not majority. I still like my Enduras!

^^I like the tip design and the handle ergonomics; however, I can understand why some might not.

I recently decided to add an Endura SS to my collection. I'm really looking forward to its arrival. I think I see a Police SS in my future too.

Last edited:
Love my Enduras! After buggering the tip on my ZDP version, I "fixed" it and made it more of a pointy, reverse tanto.

GWducfl.jpg

I have exactly the same feeling about the handle of Endura.

Sorry I didnt reply earlier .
Filoso is correct I always get them from eBay .
I have four FRN knives with these anodised screws , but be warned the color does wear off if you seriously use the knife .
It takes a lot of carry to wear them down but it does happen .
As far as I'm concerned its worth it , but don't whinge if your screws start to look old :)
This Endura has been commissioned to be my holiday knife in New Zealand and will live with my brother until I recomission it every Christmas when I visit .
I eliminates all the customs / imigration / traveling with knives problems that is our current world we live in .

Ken

I really like the Endura. It, along with the Military, Para and the Stretch get carried the most. Zdp189, both sabre and ffg, vg10 in g-10, the v-toku, hap40 and super blue. Hard to say which I like the best - probably the hap40. I like the longer blade and the handle ergos as well as how it carries - it pretty much disappears in the pocket. I have a zdp in the sabre grind that I take if I know its going to get banged around - I really feel that the sabre grind is pretty darn tough - its my go to hard use knife. I also think the FRN is a great choice for handle material. I will get on an Endura kick and carry one for a month or two - sometimes its just hard to go to the box to get something else. Just a great knife.

Endura is one of best if not best spyderco in my opinion:).Scary sharp and handy for any task.Had 3 of them and gifted one and lost 2.Might be getting one soon.

bd50c844476bb39d5d42682e1b97ae52.jpg
1048b97677024760860235fd75fc32a2.jpg

BUMP ... on a old thread for some updated Endura love !

Im a newbie here and just read all 15 pages ... gotta say once your bitten the infection is real ! I purchased my first Spyder Delica in the early 90's so I'm not new to the game but new to the forum. I think I've found my new home LoL

Anyone else with some updates on their Endura ?
Hey man!!! Where did you get that OD Green Endura 4 from? Did you dye it yourself? Please tell me sir! :thumbsup:

I never really thought of the Endura as a sexy Spyderco and never really wanted more than one to try out, but they have crept up on me and is the Spyderco design I have the most of... First a Cara Cara 2, then an orange FRN PE Endura, then a Pacific Salt, then a Cara Cara Rescue, a PS Endura, etc...

Great design and amazingly ergonomic for a big knife IMO. Also a great value for me personally as I am a fan of FRN and don’t need the latest super steel the second it comes out.:thumbsup:

Back