The “Can’t leave anything alone” Thread

I've been messing around with this Civivi Savant. I did a little more smoothing on the scale contours since taking these afternoon pictures.

kzK736P.jpg

OmthRAW.jpg

I got my Snick back from Knife Modders. They did a little ergonomic softening and then a tumbled bronze finish. The Skiff bearings are doing their job. Now the only thing left is to dye the Micarta. (I've been slowly getting candidates ready for a dye party. Not sure when it will happen.)

yh3iaHo.jpg

Oops, Warranty voooooiiiiid.

x4NwvuT.jpg

Well this aint bad.

4bpoHmW.jpg

64ru0EE.jpg

GPtRsEc.jpg

These sure are pretty... No real reason to change them other than for why the hell shouldnt I!

Matt

Edit: As you can see here in the pics the CRK factory blast remains even after I glass blasted these... CRK definately is using much much more agressive media for their regular media.

Spyderco Endura wharncliffe. No more large forehead, no more jimping, no more frn backspacer
View attachment 2073936View attachment 2073937
The ever elusive Endura Whanto. Not quite a Wharncliffe, but not a reverse tanto!

Oops, Warranty voooooiiiiid.

x4NwvuT.jpg

Well this aint bad.

4bpoHmW.jpg

64ru0EE.jpg

GPtRsEc.jpg

These sure are pretty... No real reason to change them other than for why the hell shouldnt I!

Matt

Edit: As you can see here in the pics the CRK factory blast remains even after I glass blasted these... CRK definately is using much much more agressive media for their regular media.

These are the thumbstuds that CRK should use standard, or at least offer as an option.

Manix 2 M4 mint green FRCP scales + RIT eggplant dye + 70 minutes simmering on the stove = sickly, but pretty cool. Kind of a 3D effect going on, but not really sure what that color is. I like it much better this way, though. The whole process would have been much more enjoyable, however, if the knife wasn’t pinned! Getting the blade out and back in wasn’t a whole lot of fun.

46E6D99D-C257-40FC-84B8-19474251ACD3.jpeg

Manix 2 M4 mint green FRCP scales + RIT eggplant dye + 70 minutes simmering on the stove = sickly, but pretty cool. Kind of a 3D effect going on, but not really sure what that color is. I like it much better this way, though. The whole process would have been much more enjoyable, however, if the knife wasn’t pinned! Getting the blade out and back in wasn’t a whole lot of fun.

I think that looks neat.

I know what you mean about the pinned scales. I really wish Spyderco would get with the program on easy disassembly across the board.

Back