The “Can’t leave anything alone” Thread

View attachment 2518908

Added studs to the servo. Not my first choice of studs but they’re the only ones that would work. The pucker factor was high during the drilling and reassembly.
Wow, that’s awesome. While I like a flipper I much prefer thumb studs. Which is the reason I didn’t pick up a servo recently. Awesome work!

Just a scale swap on this Civivi Bo. I prefer non-coated blades and hardware when possible.

jXqCBzW.jpeg

New pants for the V-Toku2 Dragonfly!

These are Flytanium titanium scales (and backspacer) anodized blue, with bronze undertones. :D

bm9bBcm.jpeg

227K91L.jpeg

Very nice job on the scales!

BTW, how do you like the feel of the Dragonfly with the Flytanium scales? Do you even really notice the weight increase? Also, do they add washers?

Very nice job on the scales!

BTW, how do you like the feel of the Dragonfly with the Flytanium scales? Do you even really notice the weight increase? Also, do they add washers?

Thanks!

I really like the feel with the scales. It gives the Dragonfly a much, much more premium feel. The scales also centered the blade, which was a nice surprise. The Flytanium scales do come with washers (the V-Toku2 sprint run also came with washers), and the blade drops shut nicely with the scales. The scales probably double the weight of the knife. It’s definitely noticeable. This Dragonfly lives on my computer desk, so the weight doesn’t really matter.

Thanks!

I really like the feel with the scales. It gives the Dragonfly a much, much more premium feel. The scales also centered the blade, which was a nice surprise. The Flytanium scales do come with washers (the V-Toku2 sprint run also came with washers), and the blade drops shut nicely with the scales. The scales probably double the weight of the knife. It’s definitely noticeable. This Dragonfly lives on my computer desk, so the weight doesn’t really matter.

A Wharncliffe Dragonfly is my EDC MVP as a secondary blade. The light weight certainly helps it to be an easy choice in that role. I just wonder how much of a factor it really is at the end of the day.

Since I might be waiting forever to see the Wharncliffe version released in a premium stainless, I finally broke down and got the regular Dragonfly in S30V. Of course, it's the one that comes with pink scales. I was going to dye them but it got me thinking about other options. There are some nice carbon fiber and Micarta scales available but it feels weird to spend that kind of money on an upgrade just to keep running the blade raw against the scales...

A Wharncliffe Dragonfly is my EDC MVP as a secondary blade. The light weight certainly helps it to be an easy choice in that role. I just wonder how much of a factor it really is at the end of the day.

Since I might be waiting forever to see the Wharncliffe version released in a premium stainless, I finally broke down and got the regular Dragonfly in S30V. Of course, it's the one that comes with pink scales. I was going to dye them but it got me thinking about other options. There are some nice carbon fiber and Micarta scales available but it feels weird to spend that kind of money on an upgrade just to keep running the blade raw against the scales...

A Wharncliffe dragonfly is hard to top. I’m kicking myself a bit for parting with my K390 wharncliffe Dragonfly.

If you’re talking about the scales from Votix EDC, I haven’t tried the Micarta, but I’ve tried the carbon fiber and unfortunately had some issues with them. The backspacer is integrated into one side of the scales and it was just a bit too wide for my knife, causing a lot of side to side play. I also found the lack of contouring to be a bit uncomfortable. It looks like his new version is contoured now, so maybe he solved the backspacer tolerance issue too though. :)

EBgsStS.jpg

Wilfred17 Wilfred17 Wow, nice job on those man! I especially like that Protech SNG, that thing's awesome. What'd you chop the rear of the handle off and make your own? I don't believe I've ever seen one that didn't have a handle that was solid aluminum, brass, Ti.

Wilfred17 Wilfred17 Wow, nice job on those man! I especially like that Protech SNG, that thing's awesome. What'd you chop the rear of the handle off and make your own? I don't believe I've ever seen one that didn't have a handle that was solid aluminum, brass, Ti.

Thanks I milled the back down and put a pocket in the bog oak, and attached it that way, the fit up wasn't very good so I used the G-10 to hide my sins

That's actually modifying, not just buying accessories.
I had to adapt to circumstances. ;)
I can't buy any accessories for the knives I have so I'm left with two options; to make accessories by myself or to modify what's already on the knife.

Back