The CRK Anticipation Thread - Show Your 'Inbound's!

JAB JAB , the damascus was calling to me today...

qd7vY5F.jpg
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Blade swaps will probably be kept to a minimum though. If there's one thing about the CF models that I don't like it's that they seem a good deal more finicky than the ti slabs to reassemble just right and get the proper lockup and centering.

I like that some of the spalted beech looks like mammoth. Very cool scales.

Reactions: JAB
I'm Baaaack!!!

It's been a while since I've posted here regularly. It's been a while since I have bought or sold a CRK (although I still have several in my collection.) I've dropped in once in a while to post an old picture or two, but haven't been here besides that. (I do think I have over a thousand CRK thread posts though, for the new CRK addicts, or for those who are counting.) I've been eyeing the Impinda ever since it came out, but was never able to fork over the bucks needed to purchase one. Not any more! On order one Impinda, and I am stoked! (Seller's picture that I modified, but you all have seen pics of these before.)

p4TlUJL.jpg

I've made the call last night and ordered the knife I always wanted. Somehow here in the Netherlands at least a batch of small sebenza 21 insingos dropped, in the natural canvas micarta variant even. Took me a day of going back and forth on whether I should. Decided I earned a a reward for all my effort recently. Started a new job 3 months ago, and back then a coworker asked what I was going to do with my first paycheck.

Order a 400plus euros knife,of course.
Took some explaining as to why I wasn't even kidding.

However, for the the past 2 months things kept getting in the way and financially priorities had to be made. I had all but given up on a small insingo 21, as they started disappearing all over the Web, both in the states and here in Europe. I actually had to double check whether I was reading the title of the newly arrived knives correct at the vendors site, haha.

I can afford it and have money to spare for the rest of the month, it's the model that kept me from buying other knives in its size/material department.
I know for sure it would've drive me crazy if I let it go only to never see it again.
It'll arrive tomorrow, I think you guys can imagine the feeling when I finally saw the shipping notice after refreshing my inbox all day, heh.
Gotcha.

Last edited:
I'm Baaaack!!!

It's been a while since I've posted here regularly. It's been a while since I have bought or sold a CRK (although I still have several in my collection.) I've dropped in once in a while to post an old picture or two, but haven't been here besides that. (I do think I have over a thousand CRK thread posts though, for the new CRK addicts, or for those who are counting.) I've been eyeing the Impinda ever since it came out, but was never able to fork over the bucks needed to purchase one. Not any more! On order one Impinda, and I am stoked! (Seller's picture that I modified, but you all have seen pics of these before.)

p4TlUJL.jpg
Congratulations. The Impinda is one hell of a knife. I have an original one that I lovingly used and carried from the first drop. Later bought the updated version. I should have used the updated and kept the original minty but couldn’t wait... lol. Enjoy. Only thing missing is CGG/UG Impindas now.

I'm Baaaack!!!

p4TlUJL.jpg

I’d love to read your impressions of the Impinda, initial & long term.

It arrived today! I am pleased! As someone familiar with Traditional folders I am pleased! It seems to be the CRK quality that I expect.

I bought an aftermarket one that was listed as "new in the box", with an October 2019 BD, and I have no reason to believe otherwise. It was interesting opening and closing it the first time, as the pull does change as it opens (as I have read it does). It has great opening and closing snap. I really like the breakdown diagram that is included - it has been a looong time since I have bought a "recently" manufactured CRK, so this is new to me.

It is a little stiff as the blade reaches the full open position. This is a similar stiffness to my experiences with other CRK folders that are new or have not been worked in a long time. I assume it will loosen up as it is worked more. I like lanyards on my knives, so I am pleased there is an opening that can be used for one. I will have search this forum for examples.

I had a small Inkosi and small regular handy to compare the size to. A little larger than the small regular. It fits in my older style "two size" CRK sheath on the small snap. I could not find my more recent small CRK sheath to try it in. The clip will be removed...

I'll have to see how I like it in the long term. A concern for me is the one thing I don't need is to be re-bitten by the CRK bug!

I'm Baaaack!!!

p4TlUJL.jpg
Ib
I heard these things fail the spine whack test. LOL Nice clean lines.

I'm Baaaack!!!

p4TlUJL.jpg
Wow haven’t seen that avatar in a while, welcome back.

Back