The Anvil Shed, The spot to shoot the breeze.

I would like a Buck 877 in a little nicer steel, maybe S30V or S35VN, it may not be something Buck plans to make, if not, I was wondering if it would be okay to make one for myself?

I'm no knifemaker, but I love the design especially if I can make it a little larger, I was thinking of getting a nice piece of steel from Alpha, shaping it (material removal) and then taking it to Buck (I live about 30 minutes away) for heat-treating etc..

It's just for me and the wife (she loves knives, the 877 we have is actually hers), but if it's not okay to borrow the basic design for a personal project I totally understand.

T texpat - Go for it, I say! There are folks out there who make their own blades from exotic steels and Damascus. If you don’t mark it “Buck” or try to pass it off as a Buck, I see no reason to be concerned.

If everyone is crossing the line, the mods won't infract just one person.

Different direction, question

Should there be gun control?

My thoughts= not really. I think thorough background checks work pretty good.

I should read more than I do. I need a good love story though, love of knives that is. :p Maybe I'll check this Book out.

T texpat - Go for it, I say! There are folks out there who make their own blades from exotic steels and Damascus. If you don’t mark it “Buck” or try to pass it off as a Buck, I see no reason to be concerned.

So now the wife most definitely wants one too in a larger size, she got a real gleam in her eye when I mentioned it to her, so now I gotta do it, lol, but after reading my own post it seems a little wonky, i'm gonna have to walk in to Buck and sheepishly hand over a couple of obviously Buck-derived knives and ask for the Bos treatment....:confused:

So, are you going to make some blades to fit Buck handles? Paul Bos did custom heat treating while at Buck. They may still do it. You may
contact Paul Farner. DM

I ordered one of the aluminum 110's with paperstone scales Monday night. Now im pretty much just hanging around the mail box waiting for it to arrive. Lol

I ordered one of the aluminum 110's with paperstone scales Monday night. Now im pretty much just hanging around the mail box waiting for it to arrive. Lol

I've been back and forth deciding to get one of those or not. I don't know if I want to try a drop point or 5160 or an aluminium next. I told my wife I'd lay off buying for a while so I'll have to live through you guys. Let us know what you think of it :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Checking out a Buck knife for sale on eBay I came across this statement in the sellers store... I found it interesting.

Announcement: WE ARE CLOSING OUR STORE IN JULY 2018 DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF FRAUD and UNREASONABLE RETURNS WITH SHOPPERS ON EBAY BECAUSE OF ITS NEW POLICIES. WE WILL STILL BE SELLING BUT ON OTHER SITES THAT PROTECT THE SELLER FROM BUYERS WHO WANT FREE STUFF. Thank you for stopping by WE LOVE OUR HONEST CUSTOMERS BUT WE CAN NOT AFFORD THE COST OF IMMORAL PEOPLE!

Checking out a Buck knife for sale on eBay I came across this statement in the sellers store... I found it interesting.

Announcement: WE ARE CLOSING OUR STORE IN JULY 2018 DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF FRAUD and UNREASONABLE RETURNS WITH SHOPPERS ON EBAY BECAUSE OF ITS NEW POLICIES. WE WILL STILL BE SELLING BUT ON OTHER SITES THAT PROTECT THE SELLER FROM BUYERS WHO WANT FREE STUFF. Thank you for stopping by WE LOVE OUR HONEST CUSTOMERS BUT WE CAN NOT AFFORD THE COST OF IMMORAL PEOPLE!

Interesting. Did you recognize the seller as a reputable seller?

This has been bugging me... at a recent gun and knife show at a local convention center everyone had to empty their pockets and go thru a metal detector...WTF!!!!! What were they looking for...guns and knives???? I normally have a knife in my pocket but did not that morning, I wonder what would have happened if I did. Apparently my belt buckle set off the detector and I was "wanded". I was really put off by the whole metal detector thing with no understanding of the intent, preventing concealed carry perhaps? I think I'll reconsider attending this show.. admission is now $12 and table prices are so high it keeps the smaller dealers away and the prices high. Even though it is a large show in the number of tables, it has been a low yield show for knives, I always do better finding Buck knives at the smaller shows. Has anyone else seen metal detectors at gun shows elsewhere? This was in St Charles, MO. Just had to rant.....

That’s crazy DSS!
CCW legal or not, they don’t want patrons bringing loaded weapons in to our monthly show, but they only ask and ask to show it’s unloaded and no loaded magazines.
It’s a gun show... I’m sure you can buy firearms and ammunition inside the gate. What are they preventing by metal detecting patrons on the way?!?

Perhaps they’re concerned people are sneaking guns in to sell illegally? I dunno...

As to cost increase; our local monthly show had been $8 to get in on each day (Sat & Sun) for the last 20+ years. They cornered the market on $2 bills! That’s what they gave for change, which was fun, and how I seemed to collect s many of them. Last year the raise the entry to $10, but it was good for both days. Since folks rarely went both days, it was brilliant. They both raise the entry, and folks had a greater perceived value!
I miss getting my $2 bills though...

Funny when you try to spend a two dollar bill, or a half dollar, and the cashier thinks it's fake.

They used to have a tower at the Laconia bike show, it was a good spot to take a picture. Same deal, cost $3 if you paid with a $5, (could have been $8+$10) but either way they'd give you a $2 bill for change. Somehow it took the sting out of paying money to walk up a flight of stairs!

Just scored an old script 501 Esquire (1977-1981) on an auction site. I’ve been wanting one ever since I bought my old script 500 Duke a couple of years ago. My custom shop 501 with an S30V blade has been my EDC for several years, but I fully expect this one to replace it. Love the stainless bolsters and burgundy micarta.

Back