The "Ask Jo (NinJO) Thread"

Good Morning NinJO, I do not know if this question should be addressed (answered) by you or Nathan, but here goes

I am intrigued by the Rubber inlay scales being offered with the Behemother Sale, My question is how is the Rubber Inlay and really how (In general) are these Handles made?

I am Curious

They look Awesome

Thanks

Tom

Last edited:
First I had to gain about 20 pounds because my old normal ass was too small for the amount of pain-in-the-ass.

A full thickness sheet of micarta is skeletonized into a liner with bosses for the fasteners (can't clamp across rubber) and also solid at the front (can't kydex sheath rubber). This is run with the mounting holes complete.

A rubber sheet is bonded to a standard liner to make it machinable. This is a sacrificial liner that gets cut away later. It's held down on a vacuum fixture and decked to get down to a clean bondable rubber surface and then machined to fit the skeletonized liner shape. There are hard earned tricks to machining rubber that I'm not going to share on the internet. This machined rubber is bonded to the micarta using an adhesive that ages well, will bond this kind of rubber, and doesn't loose strength with exposure to hand oils and sweat. It goes back onto the fist vacuum fixture (registered with pins) to have the mounting holes reestablished and re-machined. It then goes on to the final machining sculpting steps to be shaped into a handle, done in part with unicorn tears. Then I abuse alcohol and swear never again.

First I had to gain about 20 pounds because my old normal ass was too small for the amount of pain-in-the-ass.

A full thickness sheet of micarta is skeletonized into a liner with bosses for the fasteners (can't clamp across rubber) and also solid at the front (can't kydex sheath rubber). This is run with the mounting holes complete.

A rubber sheet is bonded to a standard liner to make it machinable. This is a sacrificial liner that gets cut away later. It's held down on a vacuum fixture and decked to get down to a clean bondable rubber surface and then machined to fit the skeletonized liner shape. There are hard earned tricks to machining rubber that I'm not going to share on the internet. This machined rubber is bonded to the micarta using an adhesive that ages well, will bond this kind of rubber, and doesn't loose strength with exposure to hand oils and sweat. It goes back onto the fist vacuum fixture (registered with pins) to have the mounting holes reestablished and re-machined. It then goes on to the final machining sculpting steps to be shaped into a handle, done in part with unicorn tears. Then I abuse alcohol and swear never again.

I need one of these like I would need a hole in my head but since it seems that these are interchangeable with production MC and HDMC, I may just grab an extra set for the heck of it since you put some much engineering and heartache into them. I need one like I need a hole in my head, but when it's my wallet or yours, I've been trending toward yours for some reason :confused:

Have they ran out? If so, I’ll relent to those who are actually ordering assembled than loose! I thought Nathan had said that they had 8 sets of them.
IIRC, he mentioned 16. I wouldn't think he was counting them individually, as opposed to pairs lol.

On the plus side, just got my shipping notice for the Bmother with unicorn tears! Woohoo!

Have they ran out? If so, I’ll relent to those who are actually ordering assembled than loose! I thought Nathan had said that they had 8 sets of them.
NinJo would know!
I cannot answer. But Nathan has made them before and probably will again if there is demand. Or he may have already lost the weight that was necessary to create these in the first place and may not want to repeat such harsh treatment of his body... the future is uncertain.
If they were ever done again - I like the suggestion I read somewhere recently of double black micarta with rubber inlay.

IIRC, he mentioned 16. I wouldn't think he was counting them individually, as opposed to pairs lol.

On the plus side, just got my shipping notice for the Bmother with unicorn tears! Woohoo!

I also remember reading 16 but my 1/2 brained skull does it’s own computation! There seems to be 7 ordered already (excluding me and anyone else who went ninja style and didn’t specify options) so hopefully I’ll be good but since I was late to the party, if they’re already spoke for, I’ll miss out and I would not want Nathan to turn into a Phat-Arsch just for me.

^^^I Wonder, Where did they all go?

I am sure Nathan has plenty of the Rubber and Micarta Scales left;)

1e7c34bafaf2848696efcc136810d6f724b9bbe074b35179e5e5041217913966.jpg

Last edited:
I won't be running more rubber scales for the Choppers. The fixture is a screw in place, not pinned so the location features have to be made in place and will not relocate. That fixture has come off it cannot go back onto the same spot. So, unfortunately, there will be no more rubber scales for the Choppers

I won't be running more rubber scales for the Choppers. The fixture is a screw in place, not pinned so the location features have to be made in place and will not relocate. That fixture has come off it cannot go back onto the same spot. So, unfortunately, there will be no more rubber scales for the Choppers
Sooo... I should order a pair of Terotuf scales and replace the inlay scales on my Behemother before my grubby mitts soil 'em up, then put the Ultra-Limited Edition CPK Exclusive Rubber Inlay & Unicorn Tears scales up for sale for1MillionDollars.jpg
?

Last edited:
Back