The "Ask Jo (NinJO) Thread"

Hey NinJo! Hope that you're doing well and keeping Nathan outta trouble :)

Just being nosey based on some WTS ads recently on the Exchange:

Seems like the UF preorders have started to ship out and being fulfilled? It looks to me that those with the simplest orders and material readily available are getting theirs already :thumbsup:

Again not a question per se, just an observation for the CPK populace.

Hey Hey Jo , I would like to know if buffed Black Canves Micarta scales are available for the FK2 ? I would like to buy a set if they are . Thank you Jo !

Last edited:
Hi Jo, as the HPIC of CPK logistics and shipping ( :D ) would you be open to some of us (me at least) domestic punters to pay the extra charge for a signature on delivery? Can we request that you invoice those interested for the extra charge? International is a totally different bowl of wax because some folks will have to sign for their packages anyway since they will be charged taxes and duties at the point of delivery.

I know that CPK subsidizes its shipping fees in almost all instances when selling knives, although you charge a very reasonable amount ($12 currently?) for shipping since your prices on the actual knives are already very fair and excellent value. For this reason, I for one, would not like to see untoward burden for this signature request, if you are willing to offer the option.

Lastly and for your own protection as a seller, I don't know if you are aware of this or not but this is one of PP's requirements for seller protection among other stipulations:

• Signature Confirmation, if the full amount of the payment (including shipping and taxes) is $750 USD or more. This is documentation that can be viewed at the shipping company’s website and indicates that the item was signed for on delivery.
I am thinking aloud that with higher $ multiple UF / DE-UF preorders about to be fulfilled plus the upcoming BC'er and then the K18 preorders, you may want to make sure that you have that one extra step of protection as a seller :)

Not Jo (obviously) but I think she insures, so anything over $500 value automatically gets signature confirmation.

Not Jo (obviously) but I think she insures, so anything over $500 value automatically gets signature confirmation.

That depends on the insurer! For instance, if you purchase postage on Stamps.com, your insurance underwriter may not be USPS and if not, the mandatory signature criteria changes. You are however correct in stating that USPS insurance of greater than $500 ($500.01 or more), adds automatic signature. I don't know if CPK buys postage through PayPal, but it often appears to be the case and PP uses Pitney Bows. I think that most CPK packages get the automatic $100 insurance coverage but I don't know for a fact as to whether Jo purchases full value replacement insurance.

Actually if you insure a package in the amount of $501 or higher with USPS, a signature confirmation is provided-Free of any additional charges! $501 is the magical number;)

For anyone who has a concern insuring their own shipments, I learned long ago that having a private insuror can save at least twice the price of insurance for anyone who pays for coverage for several packages each year. One insuror insures collections for collectors and offers insurance to knifemakers, as well, for shipments they make and for stock. Single items do not require listing unless over $5k in value.

I use Collectibles Insurance Agency, see collectinsure.com

Back