The "Ask Jo (NinJO) Thread"

:p

"To US Customs: We're not declaring that these are tools. We're declaring that you're tools".

I would have no problem putting "knife" on the package, I'm not trying to pull something over on anyone, except the various carriers suck at not stealing your shit when you tell them there's a knife inside. They force us to be deliberately vague because they have sticky fingers.

Despite best efforts to thwart it. Jo was able to get this fine specimen through to me. Just in time to be enjoyed for the long weekend no less. Thanks again Jo the Machinist Jo the Machinist , you’re a superstar.

Sy7R20A.jpg

Last edited:
Jo the Machinist Jo the Machinist , just saw this post in the GBU and thought it might help?

Here’s the deal.

I receive a lot of knives in Canada from cross border. Whether it be USA or other country.
Lying or “generalizing,” what is in the package with Canada Customs will eventually get you bit. 100%
I always get my knives shipped with proper description...whether its “folding knife”, “small traditional knife”, or “fixed blade.”
I dont even want to type this, but so far, I’ve never had a blade seized. However, I also do not import illegal knives.
It Customs catches you lying or “generalizing with intent to deceive”...that knife is gone.
If you do that in person at the border, its a criminal charge (IIRC).
Honesty is the best policy folks. :)

Jo the Machinist Jo the Machinist

Other than double edge knives, I believe all the ones that you make and sell are single edge. There are no blade length restrictions in Canada...so all (but double sharpened edge knives) are legal.
The only reason some people ask for “camp tool” is to get a lower declared value to skirt duties.
If you declare it as a “fixed bushcraft blade,” its honest and if they open it up...it is what you stated. Worst case scenario is the customer has to pay duties and taxes, and honestly, that is not your (as the seller) responsibility.

Pls. Pm me if you would like more information.
Hope this helps.

Jo the Machinist Jo the Machinist , just saw this post in the GBU and thought it might help?
So he never had anything held at customs?
Then how does he have any experience in what customs do and do not do.
Shit like that baffles me,just because he had no issues ever,lucky him....so the real reason is not the world turning upside down and most customs are fucked,understaffed and etc...its because knife wasnt written on a parcel.
Hmmm kay

Shit like that baffles me,just because he had no issues ever,lucky him....so the real reason is not the world turning upside down and most customs are fucked,understaffed and etc...its because knife wasnt written on a parcel.
Hmmm kay

Ummm, was just relaying some info that I thought might be helpful, at least for Canada. Sorry if it doesn't apply to your situation.

Hmmm kay

Your attitude is ridiculously uncalled for.

Not that I need to defend myself...but I have had packages held and inspected. Multiple times. I always ask for proper description and price marked on package. I had one package in the last 10 years arrive with a note that said...actual content “folding knives”, and the original description was “knife.”
That being said to say that I havent had a knife seized yet.
Plus, if they call to ask a question...attitude is everything. May want to check yours at the door.

Edited for spelling

Last edited:
Back