The "Ask Jo (NinJO) Thread"

Hi Jo,

In the DEK scale pre-order thread...

I see that some have ordered doubled black linen scales which I believe was never listed as an option?

You did list double black canvas and double red canvas. I'm just looking for clarification regarding double black linen as not being an available choice?

Your listed linen scale options are:

1. Black linen.
2. Double black and double red linen.
3. Scarlet linen.

Does anyone know if the Orange G10 in the DEK scale thread is ghost orange with the slightly white center? Or just solid orange all the way through?

I can't swear to it, but I remember something being said about the ghost orange scales not working great so I'm thinking these will be a solid orange. *** And what I hope they are.

I'll be curious for the definitive answer too.

Hi Jo,

In the DEK scale pre-order thread...

I see that some have ordered doubled black linen scales which I believe was never listed as an option?

You did list double black canvas and double red canvas. I'm just looking for clarification regarding double black linen as not being an available choice?

Your listed linen scale options are:

1. Black linen.
2. Double black and double red linen.
3. Scarlet linen.
I left off Double Black Linen, but I can add it. Sorry about that. We have Double black linen and double black canvas o hand.

This may have been answered somewhere else...
1. Are the default fasteners on the K20 titanium?
2. What about other knife models?
3. Is there loctite or something else used on the screws? Wondering what is needed to remove them to change out scales.
Hope this helps a little

I had no problem removing mine with 2 torx bits (one on each side)

And I think all K20s come with titanium fasteners

Good morning!

Yes, the default fasteners are torx titanium.

The DEKs came with matte titanium. I think all of the other models were steel. Black oxide at first, then stainless.

There is red loctite on one side and blue on the other. If you have the point to your left and the sharp edge towards your body, that should be the side with red loctite.

Using 2 good quality torx bits should get them out no problem.

Thanks!

It is solid orange. We are getting rid of the ghost colors.
Jo-
Wait so your saying that there will be no more Ghost Blue G-10 scales for any of the upcoming knife releases? Is that correct or am I reading this the wrong way !...Thanks for your time and help...
Hope to hear from you soon!...

NMFRANK87 AKA Frank Cervantes from New Mexico!...

Jo-
Wait so your saying that there will be no more Ghost Blue G-10 scales for any of the upcoming knife releases? Is that correct or am I reading this the wrong way !...Thanks for your time and help...
Hope to hear from you soon!...

NMFRANK87 AKA Frank Cervantes from New Mexico!...
Frank,

The last sheet of ghost blue was set aside for use on your Shiv. This will be the last of them. If they turn out, there will be 5 sets total.

Frank,

The last sheet of ghost blue was set aside for use on your Shiv. This will be the last of them. If they turn out, there will be 5 sets total.
Jo,

Oh I see so basically I'll get the last of the Ghost Blue G-10 scales for my Shiv !... So that's cool!...
I guess I'll have to see what other blue scales you'll have to replace the Ghost Blue G-10!...so far I have three knives that have the Ghost Blue G-10 scales one set of ghost blue scales is on my trusty UF2,then I have another set on my DEK 3 and last but not least I'll have a set of ghost blue G-10 scales for my Shiv 2.0 !... So thanks for answering my question so fast I appreciate it !...

NMFrank87 AKA Frank Cervantes from New Mexico

Jo,

Oh I see so basically I'll get the last of the Ghost Blue G-10 scales for my Shiv !... So that's cool!...
I guess I'll have to see what other blue scales you'll have to replace the Ghost Blue G-10!...so far I have three knives that have the Ghost Blue G-10 scales one set of ghost blue scales is on my trusty UF2,then I have another set on my DEK 3 and last but not least I'll have a set of ghost blue G-10 scales for my Shiv 2.0 !... So thanks for answering my question so fast I appreciate it !...

NMFrank87 AKA Frank Cervantes from New Mexico
The new bright blue micarta is going to be the closest in color.

Back