The "Ask Jo (NinJO) Thread"

#notJobut

Thanks madcap !...those are some nice bright blue scales but I wonder how would some darker blue scales look ?... I'm talking even darker than the denim blue scales like a dark navy or royal blue scales!.. but these new bright
Blue scales might just be my new regular scale selection!...

NMFrank87 AKA Frank Cervantes from New Mexico

Last edited:
Is it possible to have no threadlocker applied before shipping?
I’ve had no issues taking any of mine out on various CPK’s. As has been stated, with the spine up, and the tip facing away from you, the screw on the right is the non thread locker side (or blue). Using 2 wrenches, they’ve come out pretty easy. Some I’ve only needed 1 wrench on the right side.

When you get new screws, you also get the threaded ferrules that have lock tight on 1 side, so no reason (for me at least) to take the screw with lock tight out.

FWIW,

The "mark" side is the side that says "Carothers". (Some folks also refer to it as the "show" side or left side.)

The "pile" side, is the opposite side that doesn't. (Some folks refer to this as the back, reverse or right side.)

So, red loctite on mark side.
Blue loctite on pile side.

FWIW,

The "mark" side is the side that says "Carothers". (Some folks also refer to it as the "show" side or left side.)

The "pile" side, is the opposite side that doesn't. (Some folks refer to this as the back, reverse or right side.)

So, red loctite on mark side.
Blue loctite on pile side.

That’s definitely the easiest way to explain it. Nice clarification.

Back