The "Ask Jo (NinJO) Thread"

Wow, you weren't kidding. That is an excellent post. Lots of useful information there. Thank you, Mat.

My only gripe with the EDC1 was that I found myself wishing the handle was a tad thinner. I just felt like the handle might have a tendency to roll in my hand. I was excited to find out the handle on the EDC2 would be slightly thinner, so I sold my EDC1 in order to fund the purchase of the 2, only to find out later that I prefer the blade shape of the 1. I recently scored an EDC1 on the exchange and now I plan to contact Jo about ordering some of the thinner EDC2 scales for it. I will need a leather pouch sheath, too.

I can't wait to get this thing configured the way I want it.

Hey Adam, I put some EDC2 scales on my EDC1 and they feel great! :thumbsup:

Hey Jo, do the MC scales with OD micarta and black liners have the same dimensions as the ones without the black liners?

PS: I’m asking because I would like to order a sheath from Eric. He has a MC without liners in house, and he’s not sure if they’re the same.

Thanks,
Gus

Last edited:
Hey Jo, do the MC scales with OD micarta and black liners have the same dimensions as the ones without the black liners?

PS: I’m asking because I would like to order a sheath from Eric. He has a MC without liners in house, and he’s not sure if they’re the same.

Thanks,
Gus
He has an OD Green MC without liners? Let me look into that....

Thanks,
Gus
The scales that Eric has are Natural Micarta and they do not get a liner. It's all good Gus. They are the same dimensions. I spoke to Eric this morning. Thanks!

NinJo, are their any plans to introduce some new Canvas or linen colors in the near future? Thanks

Reactions: mb>
NinJo, are their any plans to introduce some new Canvas or linen colors in the near future? Thanks

YES!

I mean no...

sort of?

I plan to introduce machined Ebonite hard rubber knife scales soon

How about burlap micarta? Not epoxy based "mycarta" but actual phenolic based, batched processed sheet like the original Westinghouse.

We have a few other new options in the works including a stash of vintage Westinghouse paper Micarta (just need to have it tested for asbestos first)

The new black linen micarta will have the same sheen and feel as the old maroon and it was made by Accurate and IMO is a better product than the Norplex, it's just not colored.

...working on it...

The new black linen micarta will have the same sheen and feel as the old maroon and it was made by Accurate and IMO is a better product than the Norplex, it's just not colored.

...working on it...

That's an option with the 2nd run of HDFK's, right?

Any other models you got planned for outfitting with the linen? BC perhaps?

Lastly, will there be a choice of buffed vs. un-buffed with the linen to be offered?

BTW, very excited about the possibility of paper Micarta....:D Thanks

Last edited:
That's an option with the 2nd run of HDFK's, right?

Any other models you got planned for outfitting with the linen? BC perhaps?

Lastly, will there be a choice of buffed vs. un-buffed with the linen to be offered?

BTW, very excited about the possibility of paper Micarta....:D Thanks

Hey Ron,
Yes the black linen is available for the next run of HDFK. Yes, you can choose buffed or not buffed.

I think we will have these for the BC at some point in the future.
Thanks!
Jo

You-Rock-Glitters-4.gif

What size are the scale fasteners on the FK? Are the HDFK the same if not what size are they? I'm thinking about getting some titanium I can anodize for my new FK and my pre order HDFK. I did a search but didn't find anything. I suffer from "there are many like it, but this one is mine" :D

What size are the scale fasteners on the FK? Are the HDFK the same if not what size are they? I'm thinking about getting some titanium I can anodize for my new FK and my pre order HDFK. I did a search but didn't find anything. I suffer from "there are many like it, but this one is mine" :D

Way back in the past, there was a thread discussing handle scale fasteners for the LC. Although it does not provide you with the exact length of the fasteners on your FK (HDFK ones are longer) Nathan;s response and some of the answers by others like Lorien, may help you in your decision making:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/what-fasteners-are-used-in-the-lc.1407202/#post-16223607

The screws are 8-32. Most are 3/8". On the field knife, the ones on the Carothers side are 1/4" for the first and last standoff. The middle one gets 3/8" on both sides. The HDFK has 3/8" everywhere.

For the Field Knife, starting at the front the (1/4") standoffs are 3/8", 1/2", and 5/16".

The standoffs for the HDFK are 1/2", 3/4", and 1/2".

Please let me know if that doesn't make sense! :D

Back