The "Ask Jo (NinJO) Thread"

Thank you for that, I do like the looks of that one, hopefully Jo or Nathan can confirm what scales those are. I did see the double black linen ones but prefer the single black linen example myself.

There is a difference between Black Linen & Black Canvas, just so you are aware. Here is the current scale material for the DEK’s. This should give you a good comparison. Remember, the Encyclopedia is your friend 👍

Buffed on left. Unbuffed on right.

403E0498-0D38-4134-B634-E1F879586893.png

There is a difference between Black Linen & Black Canvas, just so you are aware. Here is the current scale material for the DEK’s. This should give you a good comparison. Remember, the Encyclopedia is your friend 👍

View attachment 2525443

Yeah I knew that and I’ve stared at that picture for at least an hour comparing pictures of k20s lol. Dek scales and k20 scales have appeared to have some variations looking at pictures but that’s inherent of lighting, cameras etc so just trying to get as many examples before I make my choice.

Hi Jo,
Also, what colors can you make the titanium, how dark can you go?
#notjo
I had the same question. Based on this picture, I assume there is some amount of control over the colors. Enough that I asked for the "gold" with my wood.

Pic courtesy of T toker
PXL-2024.jpg

#notjo
I had the same question. Based on this picture, I assume there is some amount of control over the colors. Enough that I asked for the "gold" with my wood.

Pic courtesy of T toker
PXL-2024.jpg
#notjo, but I heat colored the titanium.

When you heat it with something like a butane torch, the color starts to turn gold, then a dark blue to purple and then a light blue. You have to watch the color and have a cup of water near you to stop the color change process once you get to the color you want.

Also, titanium doesn't really get dark from heat anodizing.

#notjo, but I heat colored the titanium.

When you heat it with something like a butane torch, the color starts to turn gold, then a dark blue to purple and then a light blue. You have to watch the color and have a cup of water near you to stop the color change process once you get to the color you want.

Also, titanium doesn't really get dark from heat anodizing.
Thanks. That's what I get for assuming lmao. Well done on the heat coloring! It's hard to get them all the same.

Hi Jo,

Will the wood for the pre-order be the same as what’s currently being shipped out?

Also, what colors can you make the titanium, how dark can you go?
It's not really how dark. We can get gold, blue, and a blue-purple. There is a way to make it gray or black, but I am not going to play with those acids. Thanks!
Jo

Back