The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

A question completely unrelated to the tasty UF or FK2:

Will a kydex sheath scratch my wooden scaled EDC2(C)? So I should stick to the provided leather sheath?

Oh the woes of not using a belt... ;)
I'm not Nathan, but yes. Kydex will put light scratches in anything it holds. Nature of the beast. Stick to leather, unless you have a way to line the kydex with a soft material.

Yes that's the plan, however Bo has been out this week and he's the guy who's sharpening those. He says he'll be in tomorrow so, yes.

Well... Bo wasn't able to make it in today. Since the sharpening area was open Mark is in there now sharpening BC. So, we'll be shipping a bunch of the BC pre-order today instead. The HDFK will ship next week when Bo is back in the shop.

Keep in mind these aren't hand ground, they're milled and tumbled, like the originals. Most of our knives get expensive finishing after machining now. I'm going to go back to just milled and tumbled on certain utility knives like we used to do.

Keep in mind these aren't hand ground, they're milled and tumbled, like the originals. Most of our knives get expensive finishing after machining now. I'm going to go back to just milled and tumbled on certain utility knives like we used to do.

Yes Sir, we NOSE that ;)

I currently own two of your hand finished fighters, one UF and one Shiv both acquired elsewhere and both are a marvel to ogle over. You Da Man... Now enough arsekissing from moi! You've had your more than fair share today! Where's my exclusive UF-S30V? Hmm?!

Hi Nathan, the UF post says tell me what kind of scales you want and I’ll build them but they post only shows 3 options. Are other scales an option?
Antique and canvas Micarta?

Sorry if I missed this somewhere else.

Thanks,
Justin

I'm pretty sure that it means that the options are limited to the choice between natural micarta / black micarta (buffed or not) and OG green G10 for today's sale.

Yes Sir, we NOSE that ;)

I currently own two of your hand finished fighters, one UF and one Shiv both acquired elsewhere and both are a marvel to ogle over. You Da Man... Now enough arsekissing from moi! You've had your more than fair share today! Where's my exclusive UF-S30V? Hmm?!
I was kind of wondering the same Mat, but I'm looking for my delta 3v , the third from the left:), who else has there name on the blank?

Hi Nathan, the UF post says tell me what kind of scales you want and I’ll build them but they post only shows 3 options. Are other scales an option?
Antique and canvas Micarta?

Sorry if I missed this somewhere else.

Thanks,
Justin

You said "canvas micarta" but I think you meant "burlap micarta and ebonite", I too was wondering about ebonite, thanks for asking for us!

Thanks Nathan, I knew I could count on your proxy?:) Please don't forget Uncle Matty. Aka the squeaky wheel.

Thank you Martin, but apart from my supposed exclusive UF in S30V, I will just have to get down and dirty in the vanguard with the rest of the foot soldiers and pull a rabbit outta my rear end, literally!!!

Nathan, I see the belly is moved out a little on the new field knife. Does it also have a little more drop in the point than the original? Thanks.

Back