The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

#stillnotnathan

I would not characterize it as UF moving ahead of the FK2, because the UF(2) had come about for sale ahead of the FK2 anyway. The way that I read the little morsels of information in Nathan's terse responses here and there goes like this:

The UF preorder came about because of the sheer amount of interest in the pattern and the fact that some folks would probably never manage to get hands on one without a PO. I think that Nathan will be ramping up the production of the FK2 with more offerings during the regular Fridays sales none of which will negate the possibility of an FK2 preorder down the road once the other lingering preorders books are all wrapped up.

Historically you've are quite fast on those Fridays sales, so I can't imagine that the $$ in your pocket will be sailing to the more distant shores!

#yousirarenonathancarothers

Yeah, I know about the UF / FK2 sequence. I was just editorializing a little.

#yousirarenonathancarothers

Yeah, I know about the UF / FK2 sequence. I was just editorializing a little.

#iwillnotevenbethedirtundernathanslittlefinger

I won't be surprised if Nathan & Crew offer these FK2s like 20 at a time! I think that there will be lots and lots of FK2s in the wild after all said and done. Perhaps as many as EDCs 1 + 2 + 3 + all the EDC-LEs all put together :eek:

We'll probably run 1000 FK2

This run of UF was due to interest from a military customer in late 2017 and our depleted shelf stock I reserve for that sort of thing requiring another run. It's been on schedule for a year and got on the machines this summer. I was going to do the FK2 as our next pre-order but considering the unmet demand of the UF and the fact it's an established pattern it was a better fit for a pre-order. We might do the FK or the DEK1 perhaps a Kephart after the UF is filled.

Nathan, will you be setting limits on the number of UFs which one can preorder on Friday Jan 4th when the books open up? I am planning on grabbing a couple more above and over my own whims for some of our AWOLs till they get back on their feet. Thank you.

Nathan, will you be setting limits on the number of UFs which one can preorder on Friday Jan 4th when the books open up? I am planning on grabbing a couple more above and over my own whims for some of our AWOLs till they get back on their feet. Thank you.

No limits on a preorder.

Nathan, just out of pure curiosity has there ever been a thought/possibility. On the UF having a 4” blade or 4.5” ? I don’t own a UF (yet :) !) but that handle just looks so sweet !!! That a 4” or so blade on there could be great edc :) but I’ve been wrong before lol !!! Again just curious :)

Nathan, just out of pure curiosity has there ever been a thought/possibility. On the UF having a 4” blade or 4.5” ? I don’t own a UF (yet :) !) but that handle just looks so sweet !!! That a 4” or so blade on there could be great edc :) but I’ve been wrong before lol !!! Again just curious :)

I was just writing a post asking about a 4" shiv how strange. Not as edc though more as a concealed slash weapon

DEK1 refresher,

Pre-embryo:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/dek1.1521501/#post-17469531

Midway through:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/dek1.1521501/page-9#post-17817362

s0qi1mv.jpg

Last we heard from LA:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/dek1.1521501/page-21#post-18208366

It's been with Nathan for a good 4-5 months now. It may have morphed into a mini-UF but I would very much doubt that eventuality. DEK1 will be DEK1 with DNA shared between FK & EDC as Lorien had originally envisioned it but with thinner stock (Lorien was shooting for 3/16" or less).

Hey Nathan can you tell us what time the pre-order will open? Just want to make sure I set an alarm to wake up if need be :cool:

Back