The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Nathan (or whoever)..... Part of the text in the post kicking off this week’s Madhouse Rush said "Come by here again next week for the last of this run of 6" Utility Fighters, there should be about 8 remaining I think. Also, since there has been some un-met demand we will go ahead and start a pre-order to ship by the end of next year for these on our forum next week. Thank you for your interest.” I’m new here and I don’t know much yet, so please help me out here... If I manage to get on the pre-order list next week, does that mean I’ll be looking at a hoped-for delivery that should/may/will occur at some unknown and unpredictable point during 2019?

yup

I don't know why people do it. It's a terrible idea.

Nathan (or whoever)..... Part of the text in the post kicking off this week’s Madhouse Rush said "Come by here again next week for the last of this run of 6" Utility Fighters, there should be about 8 remaining I think. Also, since there has been some un-met demand we will go ahead and start a pre-order to ship by the end of next year for these on our forum next week. Thank you for your interest.” I’m new here and I don’t know much yet, so please help me out here... If I manage to get on the pre-order list next week, does that mean I’ll be looking at a hoped-for delivery that should/may/will occur at some unknown and unpredictable point during 2019?

While unexpected delays can happen, have happened and most likely will happen; I do not characterize any of Nathan's preorder delivery estimations as Unknown or Unpredictable so far as time schedules are concerned. By and large, Nathan does estimate 6 months to wrap up the preorders from the time when the said preorder is closed.

There have been exceptions to the above with regards to certain patterns when Nathan's 100% personal attention has been necessary or when the in-shop machinates were stretched to their functional limits, such as the case of the Behemoth Choppers whereby Nathan had estimated a full year for their beginning to end fulfillment, but those were some extenuating circumstances.

In short, Nathan has wrapped up preorder fulfillments from 4 to 7 months after the books were closed, depending on where the customer falls on that preorder rotation. It's always first come, first serve with CPK.

Are the Shiv and UF handle scales interchangeable?

Thanks,
~Chip

While unexpected delays can happen, have happened and most likely will happen; I do not characterize any of Nathan's preorder delivery estimations as Unknown or Unpredictable so far as time schedules are concerned. By and large, Nathan does estimate 6 months to wrap up the preorders from the time when the said preorder is closed. There have been exceptions to the above with regards to certain patterns when Nathan's 100% personal attention has been necessary or when the in-shop machinates were stretched to their functional limits, such as the case of the Behemoth Choppers whereby Nathan had estimated a full year for their beginning to end fulfillment, but those were some extenuating circumstances. In short, Nathan has wrapped up preorder fulfillments from 4 to 7 months after the books were closed, depending on where the customer falls on that preorder rotation. It's always first come, first serve with CPK.
Well..... Goodness me! I certainly have few (if any) questions left now! I may some day be lucky enough to score a CPK blade and on the other hand, I may not. Time will tell what it may, as it always does. In the meantime, I hope I’ll survive. If I don’t, I doubt I’ll care.

I’m not the proverbial rodeo master here, but Nathan is. So in the spirit of this being the ANAQ thread:

Nathan, do you think that some new friends have done this CPK rodeo before?

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist since the UF moved ahead of the FK2, when do you think we'll see the FK2 appear for sale? I have funds saved and I am simply terrible when $$ is burning a hole in my pocket.

Thanks,

#stillnotnathan

I would not characterize it as UF moving ahead of the FK2, because the UF(2) had come about for sale ahead of the FK2 anyway. The way that I read the little morsels of information in Nathan's terse responses here and there goes like this:

The UF preorder came about because of the sheer amount of interest in the pattern and the fact that some folks would probably never manage to get hands on one without a PO. I think that Nathan will be ramping up the production of the FK2 with more offerings during the regular Fridays sales none of which will negate the possibility of an FK2 preorder down the road once the other lingering preorders books are all wrapped up.

Historically you've are quite fast on those Fridays sales, so I can't imagine that the $$ in your pocket will be sailing to the more distant shores!

Back