The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

So, wouldn't that mean that those who made a purchase in the UF sales threads would be in some way disadvantaged, if different scale choices are offered to the pre-order folks? Just thinking out loud.......

So, wouldn't that mean that those who made a purchase in the UF sales threads would be in some way disadvantaged, if different scale choices are offered to the pre-order folks? Just thinking out loud.......
No different than buying a car, and having the manufacturer make different colors available later.

The HDFK had some scale choices on the preorder that weren't available in the Friday sales. For example I didn't have a shot at the Westinghouse micarta for the Friday sale I participated in. The choices also changed over time. No big deal to me. Each sale has its own terms. I'm just happy to have a shot at these things.

The HDFK had some scale choices on the preorder that weren't available in the Friday sales. For example I didn't have a shot at the Westinghouse micarta for the Friday sale I participated in. The choices also changed over time. No big deal to me. Each sale has its own terms. I'm just happy to have a shot at these things.

Yes, I agree.

I have already committed to a pair of OD Micarta if/when they get run for the preorder...just the cost of being an early adopter;)

Well then, maybe Nathan would do an exclusive run of special wood scales for 10 or so UFs, all of which blades I would buy in bulk to give as gifts. But it would need to be black palm, cut exactly as the in the box material below::D:D:D

large.jpg

Well then, maybe Nathan would do an exclusive run of special wood scales for 10 or so UFs, all of which blades I would buy in bulk to give as gifts. But it would need to be black palm, cut exactly as the in the box material below::D:D:D

large.jpg

What about jade??! lol

more like blech palm! Looks amazing, but not particularly sturdy

My experience with black palm is that it is a very difficult wood to work, but because of it's strength. Assuming the graincut direction is correct and is very well bunched and not spread out, it offers substantial resistance to someone trying to work it. But if one is using it for building, that's another thing entirely.

Did somebody ask a question?

We'll keep the UF affordable and available by keeping it simple but we'll offer some options if people want them badly enough. Most of the custom stuff and special materials require a lot of my involvement and as we're growing I find myself with less and less time to actually build knives because I'm keeping the entire shop running.

We're going to keep the price very reasonable on the UF but offer some options at a premium. *shrug* it's the best I can do to please all people, including Jo.

Hi Nathan,
Is it possible to have terotuf scales for the UF preorder?
I haven't seen this option in your post so I guess the answer is "No" ?

Hi Nathan,

First HUGE Thank You for the pre order :) :) :)

But of course I have to ask ;)o_Olol, any chance for multi color g10 ? Like orange and black and toxic green and black :)

Thanks

Back