The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

I don't expect to know anything more than Nathan has mentioned above. He has so many balls in the air that I would assume the skinners are currently on the back burner.
He also hasn't clarified what he means by, "a few". 10? A couple dozen? 3?

If it's an open sale for a small number, it will DEFINITELY smoke the BF server lol.

Mine has lost it’s belly and has been refinished twice to keep it pretty, but my wife has had it in the kitchen for years. I want my own one, Please.;)
MYWuFEH.jpg

Wow. That looks a LOT like what I had mentioned here:

I'd love to see something similar to the EDC pattern, but thinner stock (maybe 0.1" stock, and ~0.025" BTE) and a shorter edge-to-spine. Like if'n a bird-n-trout and an EDC had a baby. :cool: :thumbsup:

What's the thickness?

This was one of his hard 62 and .010 BTE kind of like a straight razor as Nathan said.:)
That’s why my wife has had it in the kitchen all this time.
So jealous;) You don't have to worry about finishing mine out Nathan, I've got time and sandpaper:D

Last edited:
I don't presume to speak for Nathan in any way, but do know for a fact that Nathan is the only one who can finish off the "few" skinner old stock pieces that exist. And I know he is committed to finishing existing orders for knives currently in production. And I know which of these things would come first, at least in my mind, if it were my business - the current orders.

I am pretty sure that with Nathan's committment toward satisfying his customers by completing orders as soon as he can, he probably still feels a certain kind of pressure from these kinds of posts. Maybe we all should lighten up on this particular subject, lol. Hope I am not speaking out of turn here.

Last edited:
I don't presume to speak for Nathan in any way, but do know for a fact that Nathan is the only one who can finish off the "few" skinner old stock pieces that exist. And I know he is committed to finishing existing orders for knives currently in production. And I know which of these things would come first, at least in my mind, if it were my business - the current orders.

I am pretty sure that with Nathan's committment toward satisfying his customers by competing orders as soon as he can, he probably still feels a certain kind of pressure from these kinds of posts. Maybe we all should lighten up on this particular subject, lol. Hope I am not speaking out of turn here.
Sorry Bob, I guess I should be happy with my Fk,Fk2, EDC, Edc2,EDC3, HDFK, LC, Mc, Bc, and the upcoming sword not to mention the dec? This guy has enough on his plate yet still meets projections, why even try to ask for more? Thanks Nathan and Crew, you guys work hard and I’m very thankful!:oops::)

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist I forgot to ask; the upcoming FK2/UFK order, will there be some other options ie. specifically looking for a squared off spine and hand ground or smooth finish similar to the older FKs (I find that finish picks up less “stuff” while slicing etc).

Thanks
Andy

Yes. That's actually the primary purpose of the pre-order, to offer options like a non chamfered spine that needs to be done in-process.

Rhetorical:

I was trying to remember whether you had said that the UFK (FK2) pre-order could be offered in two stock thicknesses (standard/thinner) or what. Tried to search for that past answer when you had mentioned custom options (satin, AW, swedge, 90* spine, handles) but my search-fu is running on lazy today. Then I saw that you'll be offering your Kephart and the DEK1 in the 0.155" stock thickness.

Conclusion:

No worries on offering different thicknesses for the pre-order if that's going to add undue burden to CPK.

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist I forgot to ask; the upcoming FK2/UFK order, will there be some other options ie. specifically looking for a squared off spine and hand ground or smooth finish similar to the older FKs (I find that finish picks up less “stuff” while slicing etc).

Thanks
Andy

Are you using the squared off spine to strike/scrape firesteel rods? I got some tiny little strikers to use with my rods and haven't looked back! I have it attached to the rod with some cord.

Back