The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

No problem, I will buy it all.........

No, the correct offer would've been as such:

Nathan, I will host an exclusive all expenses paid working-vacation-show for you, NinJo, CPK-Kids and your team, on my private island which is immune and fully protected from any nasty viruses and all my super VIP super wealthy friends will be invited to watch me buying all your knives.

You are losing your touch Bob :p

Nathan, has the 2020 Blade Show been actually cancelled or are you just proactively making your own alternative plans as you have stated in the NS thread?

I don't think that the speculated April 30th date to open up the Country may be a realistic one and may very well be pushed back to the end of May, but wanted to know if Blade was just too risky for you or what?

I don’t know what the situation in Atlanta is at the moment, but I’m guessing the City of Atlanta has the last word. My take is that the Blade Show folks are just trying to be somewhat proactive in making the decision so as not to cause too many last minute hardships for the table owners and spectators. Lots of hotel rooms and plane flights to cancel.

With thousands of people flying in from all over the country, and world, and standing toe to toe for three days, I can’t image that the City of Atlanta would allow the show to go on unless things are truly back to normal by then. Mike

If they cancel, then hopefully they will shift your table deposit to prepayment, oof applicable, to the 2021 Blade unless our Earth will be ruled (rolled?) by zombies then!

Nathan please ship out the K18s before the zombie apocalypse. I know the Behemother could handle it, but I would prefer a little more reach when dealing with zombies.

Last edited:
Nathan,are you going to post a list of what’s going to be for sale today before the 3 PM start? Will these be pretty much finished units or will you need some time to finish them, say a couple of weeks, give or take?

Jo's putting together a list now, I'm going to take a picture of the inventory that's ready to go but people will have the option of doing something customized if they'd rather.

Is this today's pictorial list Nathan? I see 5 x Choppers (MC / HDMC ?) plus a dozen or so UFs / DEFs. Anything else Sir? Sorry to be a bugger but I am trying to plan my Friday's essential errand outings whether before/after the sale, because I need mental preparation for both tasks :D

Is this today's pictorial list Nathan? I see 5 x Choppers (MC / HDMC ?) plus a dozen or so UFs / DEFs. Anything else Sir? Sorry to be a bugger but I am trying to plan my Friday's essential errand outings whether before/after the sale, because I need mental preparation for both tasks :D

I'd go for one of the UFs but kinda hoping I can eventually snag a Shiv...

I'd go for one of the UFs but kinda hoping I can eventually snag a Shiv...

Some thoughts:

When I was very new, both the Shiv and the UF were grail pieces to lust after. Back then, these two patterns were retired but a few here and there were available at Blade Shows. A very good friend on here was very helpful and instrumental by proxying for me and scoring me a Shiv from the Blade 2017 offerings. Later on, he also gave me a chance to own the UF which he had scored for himself during that Blade Show. Ever since I acquired my first Shive, I have had 5 others go through my hands at various times. I currently only own my original Shiv but own like 6 (?) UF / DEFs :eek:

My personal opinion is that the Shiv is such a cool piece of CPK's production that hopefully one day all those who pine after not can own one at more reasonable prices than the secondary market prices. If the SHTF for real, Nathan may have to dive head first into resetting his tools and machinery for the Shiv to make some quick $$$$. All that said, the Shiv is pretty much of the least amount of use as a practical tool unless the person is the kind of person for which the Shiv was designed for.

Luckily for both us CPKers and Nathan, we twisted his arm enough for him to resurrect the UF which then culminated in the DEF. If you do not own one because you want the Shiv, you are making a mistake because even though more were produced, the idea was for everyone to at least own one. It is not only a more user friendly piece of gear but it is also vicious and naught to sneeze at even though it is not the destroyer that the Shiv is.

ETA: oops! I hadn't realized that this is ANAQ thread so: #stillnotnathan ;)

The Shiv was retired, the UF wasn't. I produced more UF because of a request of a military customer and I had burned through the few we kept for that. The tooling for the Shiv is gone (damaged in a move). The Shiv will not return though there will be some Shiv inspired integrals at some point.

The tooling for the UF was modified to make the DE-UF. There is no going back on that one either, so once those are gone there's no more.

Back