The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Oh and a name change for the MC. What could we call the best 10"-bladed chopper ever made other than a medium chopper?

Yeah it's a terrible name...

I usually just name stuff what it is, which apparently isn't a good way to name things.

I just recently had a conversation with Kevin Wilkins about my poor marketing and naming practices. He particularly doesn't like my use of the term Basic 5" Field Knife.

But every time we try to name things here by consensus, it always devolves into "Fluffer". <--- remember that?

I'll make Lorien's Kukri next year (and name it Kukri, hopefully this doesn't run afoul of anyone also selling a Kukri called Kukri) and then revisit our choppers again. I was looking at that recent post by Never Truly Lost and it got me thinking we should do a light 12-14" blade for folks like him. Something between a machete and a cutlass? Idunno, I got too many irons in the fire but I promise we will revisit choppers again.

I usually just name stuff what it is, which apparently isn't a good way to name things.

I only pick at that one because it's my favorite big knife and because the model died an early death due to not selling well for you. Just my coping mechanism kicking in which I hope annoys you only a (tiny) bit.

Oh and a name change for the MC. What could we call the best 10"-bladed chopper ever made other than a medium chopper?
GC (Goldilocks Chopper)?
JRC (Just Right Chopper)?

My MC is definitely my GC. Just right. Better all around than the lighter LC. Not so heavy I don't want to carry it long distances like the BC or Behemother.

I just recently had a conversation with Kevin Wilkins about my poor marketing and naming practices. He particularly doesn't like my use of the term Basic 5" Field Knife.

But every time we try to name things here by consensus, it always devolves into "Fluffer". <--- remember that?

I'll make Lorien's Kukri next year (and name it Kukri, hopefully this doesn't run afoul of anyone also selling a Kukri called Kukri) and then revisit our choppers again. I was looking at that recent post by Never Truly Lost and it got me thinking we should do a light 12-14" blade for folks like him. Something between a machete and a cutlass? Idunno, I got too many irons in the fire but I promise we will revisit choppers again.
Could've sworn Lorien mentioned something about designing a longer version of the LC. That would be AWESOME!

Maybe in the minority here, Nathan, but I like the current naming, and the implied understatement; “it’s just a tool, but the best in its class” - was an intentional part of the brand.

Back