The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

YES! I asked this in an email at the beginning of July but never got a response if that option was going to be available. I much prefer the taco for the DEK1 than the pancake style.

Of course I want leather too 🤤

Yeah, sometimes if I don't know the answer I'll put off answering something until I do know the answer or (99% of the time) I forget.

Perhaps been asked before (in which case someone else could fill me in), but with the Amazon idea off the agenda, is the basic HDFK (forget exactly the name) still planned?

Perhaps been asked before (in which case someone else could fill me in), but with the Amazon idea off the agenda, is the basic HDFK (forget exactly the name) still planned?

They are in process now. I think we're going to do about 200 in the basic build, and 100 in the signature series.

Far as I can tell, the difference between signature and non-signature series is that the latter has "CAROTHERS" stamped on the blade, and the former has some fancy, joined-up writing that says something like "Coxblue".
If I were to gamble, I would say the signature series will have the following features that the basic line lacks……

Chamfering
Lanyard hole
Jimping on thumb ramp
Wider scale selection
Maybe sharpened at a more acute DPS
Signature maker’s mark

…….but I could lose my ass in that gamble too, so, we’ll see.

add skeletanization of the tang?
If I were to gamble, I would say the signature series will have the following features that the basic line lacks……

Chamfering
Lanyard hole
Jimping on thumb ramp
Wider scale selection
Maybe sharpened at a more acute DPS
Signature maker’s mark

…….but I could lose my ass in that gamble too, so, we’ll see.

What do you suppose that does to the secondary market price of boot daggers? Asking for a friend....
The one listed for $1100 didn't seem to move, so I'd say that's the upper end. The one at $875 went pretty quickly, so I'd put that at the lower end. It might be a fairly small pool of buyers at those prices, though. Either way it's getting close to the price that I'd have to let mine go.

Back