The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

You're not paying attention. He uses Roundup:
I wish I could find a better lawn weed killer than Spectracide, to which the dandelions just kind of say "LMAO WEAK," without having resort to Roundup, which is genocidally effective against broadleaf weeds but only in the sense that it leaves nothing but a scorched wasteland in its wake.

Dandelions are supposed to be really good for you health wise
Just eat them yourself
: puts on tinfoil hat :
Oddly enough Monsanto who is tied into the pharmaceutical industry through Pfizer and I think Bayer wants to kill all your delicious healthy dandelions and sell you prescriptions that may or may not offer the same benefits
🤷‍♂️

I wish I could find a better lawn weed killer than Spectracide, to which the dandelions just kind of say "LMAO WEAK," without having resort to Roundup, which is genocidally effective against broadleaf weeds but only in the sense that it leaves nothing but a scorched wasteland in its wake.
Jokes aside, this thing actually works pretty well, if you feel like doing a little work 😋

Dandelions are supposed to be really good for you health wise
Just eat them yourself
: puts on tinfoil hat :
Oddly enough Monsanto who is tied into the pharmaceutical industry through Pfizer and I think Bayer wants to kill all your delicious healthy dandelions and sell you prescriptions that may or may not offer the same benefits
🤷‍♂️
That hat works.

Morning, Nathan. The beautiful Kephart Walnut scales that Jo sent me appear to have CF liners. Nice. Is there any other purpose for the liners than cosmetics ? (mechanical, corrosion resistance, etc.)

Just wondering. Thanks,

Roland.

I use a micarta liner for stability. Wood is pretty shitty. It cracks, it moves around, I need some kind of a liner against the tang to provide some stability.

Carrying over the sweet spot discussion to this thread. So I took a look at my MC today to see how I was using it and more so where it's hitting when chopping.

L6DRIYR.jpg

Most of the scratches are in this area. I'm not competitively chopping but I like to make sure I'm using the most effective and efficient method I can. So my question is am I using this knife properly based on this? Should I be chopping closer to the handle for more weight/arm strength in the cut?
I am definitely not Nathan but use my MC pretty extensively.
For myself that is the same area I have to keep touched up most often as well especially limbing out small trees.

The belly or last section of the knife gets more use on brushy type vegetation like alders/willows/scrub birch etc and the third of the knife closer to the handle is more for carving.

I sharpen the whole edge whenever any third of the blade gets feeling a little dulled or not quite up to slicy sharp however to make sure thee isn’t too much of a weird shape to the steel (not sharpened any more or less on any part of the blade).

Hopefully that makes sense??

I'm guessing that this has been addressed but couldnt find my answer in 3 minutes of searching.

Please forgive me for asking.

Will you be making any more light medium or heavy choppers?

He has said no to the medium in the past. I think we need a 10,000-page Return of the MC thread to bring it back. Ponies aren't working.

Back