The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

I have created many spreadsheets that were beautiful and elegant and I was very satisfied when I was done with them.
Yes, I do some of that too. I work with some complicated spreadsheets that run various scripts several times per day. For me it's more satisfying to launch an HPC code and see if thousands of cores kick in...

Since it's confirmed that Magnacut will be one of the steels used in upcoming CPKs, could you comment on the results of your testing?

Does it really come close to a stainless 4V?

I think I'll stick with D3V for a while. I had to trim some of the tough plastic that my 2X4 Basics bench legs are made out of yesterday when I was building another workbench. I used my DEK1 in D3V steel, right where the edge starts curving to head to the tip. The edge still push-cuts printer paper.

Hello! I’m new to the CPK but I’ve got a K18 coming in the mail and had some questions.
What kind of warranty comes with it? Is it limited to the original purchaser?
I chop wood and doubt I would ever come close to putting a scratch on it(I’m also gonna have some trouble not babying it)
I’m aware the rear spine is thinner and meant for softer targets.

Also if answerable, how many of these were made? I keep seeing “50” around but not sure if that’s just hearsay.

Last one, has there ever been a thought of a D3V axe/tomahawk in the works or if you’d be interested in looking at a design?

Thanks! and I look forward to using this beast.

Nathan,
Since I posted one of your testing videos
In response to a thread in custom/ handmade knives I got to wondering
Since the guy in the post was using Nitro-V
And it's very similar to AEBL ! Have you test any of your knives in AEBL like you have your delta 3V knives if so were any videos made
Of the testing...and do you think AEBL could take as much damage as Delta3V ? I'm interested in hearing your thoughts about this !...thanks for your time

FRC505 aka Frank Cervantes

My Lord! Any progress with the (reddish?) Desert Ironwood which you had scored at the last Blade Show? I know that the UF2 and DEF2 variants requested with wood handles are still several months off, specially if loaded with other options, but throw us a pre Christmas bone and let us peekaboo? Pretty please?!

Been way busy and away from here for a bit. Two questions:

1) Is there a pre-order thread somewhere for the next DEK (2? 3?)? If so, could someone please share a link - I can't seem to find it.

2) Is there another DEF UF2 sale this Friday (i.e., "Black Friday")? I thought I read that there would be , , , but I don't see any specific mention on "The NEXT SALE" thread.

Thanks! And Happy Thanksgiving Nathan, Jo , , , well, everyone!

Last edited:

1) Is there a pre-order thread somewhere for the next DEK (2? 3?)? If so, could someone please share a link - I can't seem to find it.

2) Is there another DEF sale this Friday (i.e., "Black Friday")? I thought I read that there would be , , , but I don't see any specific mention on "The NEXT SALE" thread.

I think that Nathan said it would start in a couple of weeks or so at least before the end of the year, IIRC.

2) Is there another DEF UF2 sale this Friday (i.e., "Black Friday")? I thought I read that there would be , , , but I don't see any specific mention on "The NEXT SALE" thread.

We're going to try and get the next pre-order around soon but we're not ready yet.

The next UF2 sale is this Friday. Thanks for the reminder, I forgot to update the next sale thread.

Back