The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

The next Friday sale will be HDFK. That sale will be ready on the 24th, but that's the day after thanksgiving so we're going to push it back a week to December 1st. We should be done shipping the HDFK pre-order by then so that will be the last of them until we re-visit the pattern again next year.

The next sale after that would be the new EDC2 on the 15th.

After that would probably be something on the 29th. With the HDFK preorder shipped and being into the EDC 2 we might be looking at the next pre-order to open the 29th.

Are you planning on running another poll on the next project, or use the last poll's runner up? If I had to take a wild guess, I'd wager and say that you're further along the FK 2.0 project than you've ever mentioned on here ;)

Nathan, if you decide to offer a pre-order on your vaunted BC, will you please also consider offering the edge-cut antique micarta handle scales? I'd love to have an extra set of those handle scales for my existing Behemoth :)

Last edited:
Osage and Butterscotch also!

Yeahhhhhhhh. Safe queen it up!

The LC for me was the size, and probably more importantly weight I could use a variety of handle materials, I have TT and micarta both buffed and unbuffed and found unbuffed was sufficient.

BC is TT territory for me though. Even on the safe queen.

Wood in mid-size is totally doable with Nathan’s grooving.

HDFK is gonna be a toss up due to a 3 finger chopping grip.

Yeahhhhhhhh. Safe queen it up!

The LC for me was the size, and probably more importantly weight I could use a variety of handle materials, I have TT and micarta both buffed and unbuffed and found unbuffed was sufficient.

BC is TT territory for me though. Even on the safe queen.

Wood in mid-size is totally doable with Nathan’s grooving.

HDFK is gonna be a toss up due to a 3 finger chopping grip.
Yeah those two would only be on a safe queen unless it was something smaller just like your EDC with Osage or those FK’s with fancy woods. I’d still have a tough time using any of them!

Unbuffed natural micarta would be my choice on a BC.

It really hurts for me to agree with Mat , However Edge cut micarta (Absolutely beautiful stuff) is nothing more than Canvas, so it would work fine as a user or safe queen IMO on the BC!

Yeah those two would only be on a safe queen unless it was something smaller just like your EDC with Osage or those FK’s with fancy woods. I’d still have a tough time using any of them!

Unbuffed natural micarta would be my choice on a BC.

For us who don't expect to use these under pouring skies in soaking wet environments, the unbuffed micarta scales are the best choice combining aesthetics plus performance. I will still keep mine with the unbuffed black micarta scales but I'd be remiss if the antique edge-cut scales became available and I did not order a set for posterity :)

Back