The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

I have to admit, I'm feeling a little proud of myself :)

Nathan will the shadetree scales listed today also with the vintage micarta , or will shadetree be next week ?

Nathan will the shadetree scales listed today also with the vintage micarta , or will shadetree be next week ?

Just micarta today. We're still working out our process for the Shadetree. If I can't get it where the finished work meets my standards I'll scrap every bit of it. :(

Just micarta today. We're still working out our process for the Shadetree. If I can't get it where the finished work meets my standards I'll scrap every bit of it. :(

Is the sales thread today going to be a new thread, or are you going to unlock the picture thread and have us post in that one?

Is the sales thread today going to be a new thread, or are you going to unlock the picture thread and have us post in that one?

Read the top of the picture thread... "I'll unlock this thread today, Friday 14th, at 3:00 EST."

Read the top of the picture thread... "I'll unlock this thread today, Friday 14th, at 3:00 EST."

It appears that thread has now been edited to reflect that, which was not the case prior.

Nathan I am trying to see the blem on the EDC #2 , can you post a close up pic .

blem.jpg~original

Hey Nate are you planning to use Elmax for any designs in the near future?

Hey Nate are you planning to use Elmax for any designs in the near future?

I asked the same question some pages ago, here is Nathan's resonse.

No. It's a good steel, but I was offering it because many enlisted men specifically want a stainless steel. Many are judged on the cleanliness and appearance of their gear and want a stainless steel because it looks better. They're gear heads, not knife nuts.

While I do still provide some knives to enlisted men I feel that optimized 3V has a better balance of properties and is stainless enough for most users, so that's where I've been focusing my efforts.

Hello Nathan, there has been a lot of discussion in regards to your "Friday Sales" and "proxy buying" and for the record I have no problem with either, and ultimately respect the fact that how you run your business is just that, your business. I was wondering however what made you decide on 3:00PM as your sale time. It seems that many people have missed on your sales as a result of being at work or not having access to a computer at this time of day. Maybe if you could adjust your sale time to the evening it would allow a few more people the opportunity to experience your knives.??

Hello Nathan, there has been a lot of discussion in regards to your "Friday Sales" and "proxy buying" and for the record I have no problem with either, and ultimately respect the fact that how you run your business is just that, your business. I was wondering however what made you decide on 3:00PM as your sale time. It seems that many people have missed on your sales as a result of being at work or not having access to a computer at this time of day. Maybe if you could adjust your sale time to the evening it would allow a few more people the opportunity to experience your knives.??

That time was set before things got so crazy. The reasoning was I'd build knives all week, put the work up for sale on Friday, answer any questions and then start my weekend. The work would sell over the weekend and we'd finalize sales and start shipping on Monday. I don't want to post later in the day or on the weekend because it's my Friday night and weekend. I'm not really sure what the best time slot would have been, and I'm open to suggestions, but it's been this way a while now and it's part of our routine.

I think it works great. It doesn't interfere with Friday evening and I can go away for the weekend happy I sent payment and got a CPK coming :)

Obviously it should be Friday at 3am.

I know you have nothing important going good on at that time and neither does anyone else.

Almost no one works the graveyard shift as far as I can tell. It's about time the Aussies get a turn.

I'm sure we have all been up surfing the web and made an impulse purchase around 2am.

Nathan,
I believe I've seen this mentioned elsewhere, but do you plan to post a sign-up/sales thread for the EDC like was done for the FK? If so, any idea on broad timeframe?

Thanks in advance,
TR

Back