The Bears' Den--Shirogorov Showcase

You’re just like us with many knives so you may as well get a Shirogorov to post pics of next to your morning coffee!
The neon is th only Shiro I'm interested in and I could never find one in stock. When they would pop up on here they were gone before I saw the posting. So I gave up. Not even sure they still make the neon anymore.

The neon is th only Shiro I'm interested in and I could never find one in stock. When they would pop up on here they were gone before I saw the posting. So I gave up. Not even sure they still make the neon anymore.

Now that you mention it, it has been a bit since I’ve seen a batch of Neons in stock. Most of the models coming out lately are upgraded generations so maybe the Neon is getting a change as well and it’s in the works. I can’t see them getting away from them all together, just like with CRK there’s too many people that prefer the small over the large knives.

Mornin' Gents......Go Heels!! ACC Tourney!
Screenshot-20240314-095323-Gallery.jpg

Now that you mention it, it has been a bit since I’ve seen a batch of Neons in stock. Most of the models coming out lately are upgraded generations so maybe the Neon is getting a change as well and it’s in the works. I can’t see them getting away from them all together, just like with CRK there’s too many people that prefer the small over the large knives.
With crk you can find a $700 crk that's been used and pay 4 to 500 for it. Get a very good used knife. With Shiro knives you can never find one that's actually been used. There has never been a Shiro put up for sale that was a heavy user. There are guys out there that buy knives to use them. Never understand the mentality of buying something just to look at it. Same with gun guys and dudes that don't use their trucks as trucks. The materialism is what irks me.

With Shiro knives you can never find one that's actually been used. There has never been a Shiro put up for sale that was a heavy user. There are guys out there that buy knives to use them.
If the memory serves me right, Mr. Old School 😉 was lucky to obtain a few pretty used up Shiro knives.

IMHO one of the major issues with Shiro heavy use was that older generations almost never had a reasonable choil for subsequent trouble free sharpening.

And the flat grind, 4+ mm thick blade and MRBS... well, not so practical for heavy use -- not impossible, but far less comfortable than CRK with hollow grind and washers 🙃

With crk you can find a $700 crk that's been used and pay 4 to 500 for it. Get a very good used knife. With Shiro knives you can never find one that's actually been used. There has never been a Shiro put up for sale that was a heavy user. There are guys out there that buy knives to use them. Never understand the mentality of buying something just to look at it. Same with gun guys and dudes that don't use their trucks as trucks. The materialism is what irks me.

You've never seen a Shiro for sale that was a heavy user**

Did you ever consider that you don't see heavy user Shiros for sale because their owners love them, keep them, and continue using them? Not everyone buys something, has their fun with it, and sends it down the road. Some of us buy nice things to keep forever. Also, not that you asked, but life is a lot easier when you don't let strangers on the internet irk you.

Knife for relevance....no, it was not a heavy user when I owned it. Neon Zero > Neon NL for me.

Gotta say, I've owned a CRK Unmazaan or whatever the hell it was.
That was one of the biggest let downs I've ever experienced. The action was stiff and not smooth at all. But, even more it just didn't feel that great in hand either.
I've never really understood all the hubbub about CRK.
For me, that F3 just melts in the hand is so freakin comfy- now with the 3.5mm blade it should cut a little better I would imagine.
And they come outta box freakin smooth as silk. None of that breaking in nonsense. Reminds me of certain 1911's.....that 500 round break in has got to be the biggest joke ever. Either they run or they don't.
And many a race gun builder would agree with that. Imo, that's just a cya thing on their part! (I have an $890 Bul Armory 1911 Govt. Outta the box perfection - 3 pounds with no creep trigger, 500 rounds, absolutely zero malfunctions, and dead jutz accurate! Would take it over ANY Les Baer) Kinda like that sneaky Spyderco CQI - sorry can't warrant that year old knife - the new improved version is out now and we just don't stock those older parts anymore!
Yeah, I may sound a bit cynical but, respectfully, to each their own..

Last edited:
If its not your money, then why does it matter? I buy things that I want and for how I want to use them, not for what someone on the internet thinks I should do with them.

Respectfully, what you’re saying is simply confirmation bias.

I think as has been said, you’re simply not seeing a lot of used Shirogorovs because people who buy them and actually carry them simply aren’t selling the ones they use. It’s a fairly niche knife company, more niche than, say, finding a CRK Sebenza that has been around for decades.

I literally just bought my first Shirogorov new this week and I’ve already worn it outside in my jeans one day (I work from home mostly.) I can tell you already this is going to be my go-to carry for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Still lovin this one too
This Shirogorov Honeymoon phase has been pure bliss......I don't see it ending anytime soon in the foreseeable future - so expect quite a few more pics 😆 - I'm like that proud dad that takes out his wallet and there's a million pics of his kids in it 😆 🤣 😂
Just "Bear" with me fellas 🤓
20240201-161628.jpg

Oh, they get used. My users will never be put up for sell. I enjoy using them too much to take a beating trying to sell one. So, I figure I’d rather keep them. Now, one of my safe queens would go up for sell long before a user.

I agree. Recent Shiro knives (production only, I still hope to get my hands on a Custom Division Shiro) are damn good for normal use -- but my choice for heavy tasks is XM-18 or Inkosi.

I really prefer to buy my knives new either directly from the manufacturer or from respectable dealer, and it usually takes a few weeks (may be months) of handling to decide if I really want to keep/use the knife.

Otherwise I sell it. The only current production models I could not force myself to keep/use are F3 and Quant(i)um.

The rest were customized, sharpened and used (but not abused). Here they are:

20240316.jpg

But I am not selling my CRK knives neither!.. They are excellent users (except the small Sebenza -- it's a bit small to operate comfortably) and pretty hard to get for a reasonable price on our side of the pond 😭 Usually I have to wait for an opportunity -- a USA resident coming to visit his relatives in Russia or something like that.

I was lucky enough to obtain the whole range of steels since Sebenza 21 release, but no S30V or BG-42 so far:

SL21 / S35VN @ 58-59 hrc
SL31 / S35VN @ 59-60 hrc
SS31 / S45VN @ 60-62 hrc
IL / S45VN @ 60-62 hrc
SL31 / MagnaCut @ 62-64 hrc

CRK-20240316.jpg

Some of those knives may seem almost new on the photo, but rest assured -- none of them looks new upon close inspection.

Last edited:
Back