The Bears' Den--Shirogorov Showcase

So, I got an odd theoretical question for the Shiro 111 owners in particular. What do you think is "too much" money for the knife. I'm asking because if I were to buy one, at about a 1000$ retail (3d Carbon and Fuller Version) it would cost me here in Europe about 1500$ after Shipping and Tax. Would any of you call it a 1500$ knife or is it really more a three figure knife?

Would any of you call it a 1500$ knife or is it really more a three figure knife?
G10 better for your hand, more grip than carbon. As for me 111 looks and feels less expensive than 1000usd. Check their collaboration. Maybe you should add 500 to your 1500 but you'll receive REALLY cool knife then.

So, I got an odd theoretical question for the Shiro 111 owners in particular. What do you think is "too much" money for the knife. I'm asking because if I were to buy one, at about a 1000$ retail (3d Carbon and Fuller Version) it would cost me here in Europe about 1500$ after Shipping and Tax. Would any of you call it a 1500$ knife or is it really more a three figure knife?

So, are you buying here in the U.S. and having it shipped to you ? There’s no one on your side of the ocean that you can buy cheaper ?

Sent you a PM, b00n.

So, are you buying here in the U.S. and having it shipped to you ? There’s no one on your side of the ocean that you can buy cheaper ?

There are no (authorized) Dealers in Europe, so I can either buy from Russia or the US as far I can tell, both are outside the EU which means getting hit with import tax in the ~20-25% region.

There are no (authorized) Dealers in Europe, so I can either buy from Russia or the US as far I can tell, both are outside the EU which means getting hit with import tax in the ~20-25% region.

That sucks, knowing that, I’d opt for the basic 111 with g10 and Elmax for 300.00 less. The basic 111’s have MRBS.

Let the F95T get a little sun yesterday. You have to take advantage of winter days like this in Seattle!

1Ua5UA7l.jpg

Precision tool. Damn. It sure looks like Shirogorov continues to up their game.

I fail to understand why a lot of guys will buy 100 Spydercos, ZTs and BMs, yet opine a Shiro isn’t worth the money. Quality over quantity wins me over every time. The fit alone on that Pero blows me away.

Precision tool. Damn. It sure looks like Shirogorov continues to up their game.

I fail to understand why a lot of guys will buy 100 Spydercos, ZTs and BMs, yet opine a Shiro isn’t worth the money. Quality over quantity wins me over every time. The fit alone on that Pero blows me away.

Exactly :thumbsup: Sure you can get 3 or 4 ZTs for the price of most Shiros but what a ONE you will have. :cool: I'd rather one spectacular than 6 blahs.

Ray

Because it seems to be in the human nature to put imaginary obstacles in his (her) path and then justify the self-imposed impediment by opinions based fact-less emotions.

There are those who can not afford Shiros under any circumstances so based on want / need, I totally understand their opinions. But as you have already observed there are those who own multi-thousand$ sunken in many, many lesser (le$$er) folders but then tend to knock and diminish Shiros purely based on their lofty prices. I understand those who have owned this make but have decided that other makes of similar value are better or serve them better but I never understand those who opine about this make based on others' ownership while having never owned one themselves :confused:

For full disclosure, I used to be a Shiro denier myself because of a different reason. I had mistakenly mixed my dislike of Kremlin for dislike of anything Russian. I know that this is "polidicks"and does not belong but then again I must refer you to my opening statement :)

Off topic. Has anyone here retrofitted an F3 with sealed bearings? Or read of it being done? Only idle curiosity. Thanks.

EDIT: I haven't taken mine apart yet.

Last edited:
Exactly :thumbsup: Sure you can get 3 or 4 ZTs for the price of most Shiros but what a ONE you will have. :cool: I'd rather one spectacular than 6 blahs.

Ray

I just saw Spyderco now offers an integral called Paysan that is well over $500. That is into Spartan Harsey and Cherbukov Scout territory. It is also butt ugly.

^ It's the (only) knife you will need when you go to Mars :thumbsup: Pretty lovely & sleek :cool:

Ray

Back