Give me strength . . . . . . . . .

you lot make me laugh...

I'd clean up if I trade marked

folding

pocket

knife

:D
Except you wouldn't be able too.

Seems that they were granted the trade mark for "Beer Scout Knife" and all was going well till some one; perhaps best described as a curtain twitching pants wetter objected to the name.

Fur and feathers flew; feelings were hurt (I"m presuming here) and GEC abandoned the trademark vs. going toe to toe with the Boy Scouts of America in court.

I can understand the principal of defending a trademark but this particular complaint seems a bit too mealy mouthed to stomach.

Did they trademark it AFTER Bill stamped it on his shield??:eek:
Hard to believe the BSA trademarked Beer Scout!!!:rolleyes::p
I wonder if they trademarked Whisky Scout?? Or Kombucha Scout???:D
Give me strength . . . . . . . . .
I suspect the concern among the puritan folks is that some unsuspecting mother would go to the corner store to purchase little Timmy a pocket knife for his big camping trip. Become confused by all the choices as they're wont to do and instead of buying a "Boy Scout Knife" a "Beer Scout Knife" would be chosen instead.

Then poor little Timmy on his first trip away from home would be consumed by bears and squatches all because he didn't have the right cutlery packed. Or and this is possibly much worse little Timmy's juvenile mind would become influenced to consume beer and soon after his first Natty Light he'd pop his collar, buy a switch blade and join a violence gang. Fates no mother should have to endure.

With the rotation ever growing, mine doesn't get much pocket time, and the Leatherman Micra, that's always automatically in my pocket, gets most of the cap lifting duties. My daughter made me the lanyard. Bulky but cherished.

odBoRcc.jpg[img]

So what is the exact situation?

Did they abandon the trademark and cease making these? Or did they just abandon the trademark but will still produce them?

My understanding is the GEC would have tried to trademark the Beer Scout Knife name to avoid BSA from taking them to court alleging copyright infringement.

as this failed, it means that they can’t use the name Beer Scout Knife without being exposed to that risk. It likely means BSA has not given consent to GEC using the name.

This is just me filling in the blanks with educated guesses

It took me a few years, but I’ve finally added the smooth ivory bone to my Beer Scout Knife collection.

UhsW7COh.jpg

qicfnK6h.jpg

Awesome- I actually have had this thread opened and look at t when I get bored. I planned on bumping it when I get my recovers done. I love the 15 scout!

Congrats- that is exactly what I have been hunting for over a year. Enjoy it!

Any hints that they may be doing some soon? I can't seem to be in the right place at the right time to get one that comes up for sale.
I emailed Chris at GEC last year, I was told that it is not on the schedule for 2019 and no plans at this time to produce anymore.

Now that we know about the Boy Scout issue, maybe it’ll just be Scout?

Back